RETAINED LIST

Guest Andy W
8 hours ago, BIG D said:

Release Hutchinson and offer Wildsmith a new deal. 
What a fantastic start to our transfer dealings. 

lol

Wildsmith..jesus!

As a goalkeeper!!

4 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I think Moore should be trusted with our transfer dealings.

Sad to see Hutch go for sentimental reasons, but him, Dunkley, and Berahino going seems good decision making to me if you put head above heart.

Wildsmith though. I'll think about it for a while.

Exactly this. Moore has been very good in the transfer market. Even if I have different opinions on those let go, I choose to defer to the man in charge and close to the players as he surely knows more than me.

Looking forward to a good summer of recruitment even if with a modicum of trepidation.

Just now, Pulcinella said:

Exactly this. Moore has been very good in the transfer market. Even if I have different opinions on those let go, I choose to defer to the man in charge and close to the players as he surely knows more than me.

Looking forward to a good summer of recruitment even if with a modicum of trepidation.

I reckon Moore will already know who he is bringing in, will have spoken to them. Seems organised and professional.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Hope they’ve given a short timescale for the likes of Luongo, Hunt, Mendez-Laing and Wildsmith to agree or not as we can’t afford to hang around and miss out on replacements if they drag it out and say no.

Agreed-quick turnaround  so we can see what we've got. Let's get our business done early.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Hope they’ve given a short timescale for the likes of Luongo, Hunt, Mendez-Laing and Wildsmith to agree or not as we can’t afford to hang around and miss out on replacements if they drag it out and say no.

I don’t think we need to put a timescale on it at all. We just tell the players that whilst they’re looking at alternative clubs, we’re looking at alternative players. If we find, and sign, an alternative player, then we withdraw the offer. No point burning bridges if we don’t have to. What we shouldn’t do, is sit twiddling our thumbs waiting for a response from those we’ve given an offer before we approach those alternatives.

11 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Agreed, can’t let this drag on and miss out on potential replacements. Majority of our business needs to be done early for a productive pre-season.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Bit unrealistic to expect this,  players are going to assess what’s out there and ultimately you can’t begrudge them waiting out for the best deals 

Luongo I’d say is the one the chairman will do most to keep 

9 hours ago, SiJ said:

Surprised by Hutchinson.

Appreciate he made that mistake in the first leg, but I thought he was by and large excellent tbh.

Ability to play anywhere along the back three was very useful.

Oh well. Suppose it depends on what we bring in.

Is disappointing to see Hutch go. We must have some other defenders lined up now surely.

Shame how it ended for him but a great servant and will be fondly remembered here.

1 minute ago, swfc-dan said:

Likely we are interested in signing one or two of Storey and Dean permenantly, with Hutch leaving.

More chance of DM been interested in Lewis Gibson on a permanent from the loan crew, left footed option 

Dean for me, I dunno , not entirely convinced he’s the right signing

Guest Musttryharder
10 hours ago, striker said:

Maybe. I've no idea what he's on, just what Exeter said about being beyond them. Another loan wouldn't surprise  me, being our number 1 next season would. 

I'm not against Dawson BTW,  would love him to succeed with us, but I've not seen that quality in him and not convinced one good season in L2 bridges that gap. Fantastic if so, but being a realist, dont see it. 

I've mentioned this on another thread regarding another SWFC player in the similar situation. If he isnt or hasnt cut it yet at our club then he may be best all round if he was allowed to ply his trade elswhere but on a permanent basis. Theres nothing to be gained from a club perspective to keep loaning him out to lower league clubs. Dawson isnt too bothered as he's being paid quite well to do this and thats not the lads fault.

3 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

If Wildsmith does stay, I hope he goes out on a season loan and see how much he progresses 

What club in its right mind signs up players to then loan them out for a season?

I could be wrong but i thought the idea was to offer contracts to players good enough to play for this club

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, swfc-dan said:

Likely we are interested in signing one or two of Storey and Dean permenantly, with Hutch leaving.

Hopefully weve found some gems capable of more than 7 games in 4 months and with a bit more pace than Storey which wont be too hard.

Sykes would be awesome think hes in his last year contract wise.

40 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

What club in its right mind signs up players to then loan them out for a season?

I could be wrong but i thought the idea was to offer contracts to players good enough to play for this club

Leicester

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Pathetic the way people are going off about Dawson and Wildsmith 

We’ve written Dawson off again before he’s even turned back up

Too many on here would be absolutely buzzing if we went out and signed some old dosser like Westwood on a pay as you play deal or some nonsense wouldn’t they 

image.gif.15a6fd6b8ff5e4cd9758e563e43ae839.gif

• Haha 1