Chansiri on Paxo

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

One line I really don't like is 'the coach has the final say on if they want a player or not'

I guess it's cos I used to like managers finding and sourcing their own players and living and dying by their signing

The manager gives a list of criteria to the recruitment team.

The recruitment team find players based on what the managers want, then give him a list of players who fit that criteria and that we can realistically sign.

The manager picks from that list who he wants.

The recruitment team try to sign those players.

Simple. It's not like Darren's going to be watching Crawley town trying to find the next big thing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

I`d love to see a list of the players he was instrumental in bringing to the club.

Love to see Bannan on the list and he argued against the loan signing of Butterfield. 

All we do know is at times recruitment has been haphazard and seemingly uncoordinated to what was needed. 

And Paxo is an easy target for some bevause we have no idea what he actually does so people go 2+2 = 5.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

I`d love to see a list of the players he was instrumental in bringing to the club.

Bet it’s full of names like

Melo, Bus, Emanuelson, Da Cruz, Sow, Kamberi, Lachman, Van Aken, Sasso, Venancio. Etc 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

The recruitment team find players based on what the managers want, then give him a list of players who fit that criteria and that we can realistically sign.

Simple. It's not like Darren's going to be watching Crawley town trying to find the next big thing.

You would hope that's how it works.

Genuine question though, does anyone actually know who the recruitment team consists of ?

• Like 1

The chairman has been asked this question many many times but continues to give the same answer. The question will never ever change and neither will the answer.

The reason AP is given an hard time by some on here is that he’s perceived to be a reason why we have declined over the last 5 years or so? Because the answer given by the Chairman is relatively vague, you can’t really know for sure how influential he has been in our demise?

All we know about him for certain is that he’s Portuguese, a football agent and a friend and advisor to the Chairman. Everything else is pure speculation.

My own theory which of course is speculation in itself is that given the amount of time he spends at the club suggests he has a strong connection to it regardless of his relationship with the Chairman? 

As some have have already speculated in this thread and this what I have personally thought is that he probably has some sort of investment in the club? But we’ll probably never ever know so we probably should just see how things progress from here? 

One thing I’m particularly confident about is while we have Moore as manager we will move forward as a club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Darren Moore is referred to by the chairman not as a manager but a coach

Also you've not factored in the scenario where none of the players are wanted by the manager but it's a take it or leave it situation (not saying that's the case by the way)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Swfcsi said:

So he says they have been friends for 7 yrs and he is is personal adviser and helps with recommending players ,it's always the same thing he never goes into depth about him and I still say to this day that Paxo has a steak in SWFC ..

Spelling like that, is a steak through my heart...

Just now, Tewkesbury said:

I've seen Daz at Frickley watching there star striker Daz Boot so it shows he would go to Crawley lol

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I also think it's important going into next season that any/all gripes are put to one side for a full season to try and create a positive atmosphere in and around the football club

A very fair point. We only have the clubs best interests at heart.

I'll actually agree to that myself. Unless, it gets stupid re players and results.

I do wish however, that stockholm syndrome would disappear from the forum.
Lets not forget which two got us in this mess.

Last season was better than expected. Let's hope that we push on with as little external

" influence " as possible.

UP THE OWLS !

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Darren Moore is referred to by the chairman not as a manager but a coach

Also you've not factored in the scenario where none of the players are wanted by the manager but it's a take it or leave it situation (not saying that's the case by the way)

That's how they do it abroad. They have a DoF and a coach.

It's only really in England that we have the manager in charge of everything.

If it is a take it or leave it situation, then that's what it is. The players offered should somewhat fit the criteria and don't forget, we're a League One club.

We wont be able to get everyone we want.

The recruitment team played a blinder last season recruiting for a fast 4231, it was DM who decided he didn't want to utilise it.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

To be honest the chairman’s terrible financial management is why we’re in League One. A combination of naivety and stubbornness hampered by embargo’s, deductions and players not being paid on time. 

How much of that is really down to this Paixao fella. Yeah recruitment was bad, but half the problem was we were trying to sign players in a competitive league under various financial restrictions. The quality was always going to be poor.

Last season was positive in terms of recruitment for me. But we were always going to attract good players for this league given the size of the club. We had that pulling power when we were down here in 2005 and 2011. 

What about BEFORE the embargo? & over paying for players who simply didnt deliver,or were constantly injured?..At S6 we blame the manager,sometimes unjustifiably..I dont see us going anywhere soon,under Darren,the current Chairman, OR his 'advisor' 'friend'....

I sooooooo  hope i am wrong,and NO ime not sat here itching to say 'i told you so' next Year.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's how they do it abroad. They have a DoF and a coach.

It's only really in England that we have the manager in charge of everything.

If it is a take it or leave it situation, then that's what it is. The players offered should somewhat fit the criteria and don't forget, we're a League One club.

We wont be able to get everyone we want.

The recruitment team played a blinder last season recruiting for a fast 4231, it was DM who decided he didn't want to utilise it.

DM tried again and again early season,to make 4231 work......not a case of not wanting to utilise it.....He couldnt make it work,and had to switch to 352,giving more support to Gregory...

When he did things improved........but not enough to get us into a play off position.........or Automatic's..

Posted (edited)
Just now, quinnssweetshop said:

A very fair point. We only have the clubs best interests at heart.

I'll actually agree to that myself. Unless, it gets stupid re players and results.

I do wish however, that stockholm syndrome would disappear from the forum.
Lets not forget which two got us in this mess.

Last season was better than expected. Let's hope that we push on with as little external

" influence " as possible.

UP THE OWLS !

Agree 'Gripes' on here (or elsewhere) have NO bearing whatsoever to what happens on the pitch...None  I have been a big critic of Darren at times,didnt stop me paying 30 quid to sit in the North Stand & cheer us on to beat Portsmouth,or sit hand in mouth at the Sunderland game thinking  'not again'.....

Sometimes people forget we ALL love our Club......

Edited by parajack
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, parajack said:

DM tried again and again early season,to make 4231 work......not a case of not wanting to utilise it.....He couldnt make it work,and had to switch to 352,giving more support to Gregory...

When he did things improved........but not enough to get us into a play off position.........or Automatic's..

But the only change he didn't make in all that time is the one that would have made it work. 

Drop Gregory. He was the only one who couldn't play it. Everyone else was fine.

Berahino made it work v Oxford second half, then we never played it again.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, parajack said:

What about BEFORE the embargo? & over paying for players who simply didnt deliver,or were constantly injured?..At S6 we blame the manager,sometimes unjustifiably..I dont see us going anywhere soon,under Darren,the current Chairman, OR his 'advisor' 'friend'....

I sooooooo  hope i am wrong,and NO ime not sat here itching to say 'i told you so' next Year.....

First season under Chansiri recruitment was on the whole good in my view. Few stinkers in there but always the case when you’re building a brand new team. 

Second season was shambolic. But I put that down to the chairman’s naivety. Thought this football thing was easy and was like a kid in a candy shop just splashing his cash without any real strategy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jim said:

The chairman has been asked this question many many times but continues to give the same answer. The question will never ever change and neither will the answer.

The reason AP is given an hard time by some on here is that he’s perceived to be a reason why we have declined over the last 5 years or so? Because the answer given by the Chairman is relatively vague, you can’t really know for sure how influential he has been in our demise?

All we know about him for certain is that he’s Portuguese, a football agent and a friend and advisor to the Chairman. Everything else is pure speculation.

My own theory which of course is speculation in itself is that given the amount of time he spends at the club suggests he has a strong connection to it regardless of his relationship with the Chairman? 

As some have have already speculated in this thread and this what I have personally thought is that he probably has some sort of investment in the club? But we’ll probably never ever know so we probably should just see how things progress from here? 

One thing I’m particularly confident about is while we have Moore as manager we will move forward as a club.

You will have your answer next Year,as will we all.......will you accept though that the ONLY definition of moving forward  next Year can be Automatic promotion?  Or will we see the continual moving of goal posts we saw this Year?

ie 'automatics a must'....than 'well we are in a play off position,challenging for auto;s' than well,we are in & around the play off's...so its been a good season regardless....Down to 'i would have been happy with top 10'  TOP TEN in Div 3....& someone posts that as a mark of a 'successful' season........

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just now, parajack said:

will you accept though that the ONLY definition of moving forward  next Year can be Automatic promotion?  

Wow 

The aggressive unrealistic expectation on next season is starting early

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

But the only change he didn't make in all that time is the one that would have made it work. 

Drop Gregory. He was the only one who couldn't play it. Everyone else was fine.

Berahino made it work v Oxford second half, then we never played it again.

Would have made little sense to drop our most effective striker,though i do accept & agree with your critique(overall) of Gregorys limitations