Berahino Leaving

I'm guessing he's had a better offer elsewhere then. I doubt Moore would just let him go, especially after all the work that he says had gone into getting him match fit. 

Could be wrong like, and Moore might not think after all that, he's cutting it, but I personally thought he was coming good alongside Gregory. 

I've not been a big fan of him, you can count his good games on one hand, ineffective in a lot of games, we need a forward that's a bit more physical, there's only Paterson who can knock a defender about.

• Like 3

I thought he had a decent second half of the season. I do think he should’ve started more games in the final few weeks/month.

Heart says I’d like him to say but head says this is for the best, not because I think he’s done anything wrong but because I think overall he struggled  with physical L1 defenders. Especially when we needed to go more direct. 

Good luck to him.

Ruthless.

Let's hope it's the right call.

It took until the early Spring for us to see anything like the kind of forward we needed from Berahino, but he certainly had his moments where all the hard work paid off.

Still, Moore knows him better than most and has had a very good look at him now. If he feels we can get bring in players who can perform better in our system on a more consistent basis, then I suppose that should be viewed as a positive thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paulrs said:

Akpo Sodje, David Graham, Lloyd Owusu, Grant Holt….. Josh Windass???

Not a great list is it considering it goes back 20 years 

Ha! david Graham was a total disaster. most of us championship manager players thought he would get 30 in his first season. 

• Thanks 1

Far too inconsistent , would seem to go missing for the whole game at times. Need a replacement who works hard and has an impact in most games. Was worth the gamble but average at best would be my view. Kamberi has to go as well another none impact forward who didn't seem to know we're the goal was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wouldn’t have minded him staying, but not bothered he is away.

Scored a few, but he was so lightweight and anonymous in a lot of games. He didn’t offer enough outside of scoring goals and didn’t score often enough to make it worthwhile him playing every game. 

• Love 1

I the equivalent of his 9 full matches (800 mins) after his Spring return to the team he scored 8 and got 3 assists. Pretty impressive.

Before the play-off second leg I hoped he’d start alongside Gregory but I can understand why Moore took a gamble on Windass. It didn’t work and we’ll never know if the Gregory-Berahino partnership would have got us over the line.

• Haha 1

For me it's a good sign that players who didn't pull up any trees are being released.

We failed in our objective to get promotion last year and to go again with the same but ageing squad would be a mistake.

Keep the handful of chore players and hopefully upgrade the ones who didn't cut the mustard.

We do need to get players in early so we are not playing catchup halfway through the season.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I the equivalent of his 9 full matches (800 mins) after his Spring return to the team he scored 8 and got 3 assists. Pretty impressive.

Before the play-off second leg I hoped he’d start alongside Gregory but I can understand why Moore took a gamble on Windass. It didn’t work and we’ll never know if the Gregory-Berahino partnership would have got us over the line.

We carried him in the first leg. Too easily brushed off the ball.

• Like 2

Had a decent spell but feel we can get better. I’d look to replace him with someone like Alfie May. 

Stockton/Ladapo/Oliver

Gregory

Windass

May 

That gives our forward line a lot more options. 

Edited by S72 Owl
  • Like 1

I’m not fussed. He looked ok at the end of the season but that was in the context of being poor at first. Then in the play offs up at Sunderland I thought he was again shown to be lacking in either pace or physicality. He did try his best though.

No idea what his wage was but you’d think we can build a younger team for the same or less that could at least match what he gave us

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Had a decent spell but feel we can get better. I’d look to replace him with someone like Alfie May. 

Stockton/Ladapo/Oliver

Gregory

Windass

May 

That gives our forward line a lot more options. 

May would be a great signing.