Hunt leaving?

Hunt is a great player at this level, but for those lamenting he's (rumoured to be) leaving, it may not be down to the club. It's all well and good saying we should have offered  a 12 month deal... but what if we have and he turned it down? What if the wage demand was well beyond a League One wage? Do we bend to his demands or 'stand strong'? He has his cons as well as his pro's... personally I'm tired of seeing us too much money willy nilly.

If Hunt stays (and on balance I really do hope he does), it has to be right for the club as well as him. Not just the player. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Hunt is a great player at this level, but for those lamenting he's (rumoured to be) leaving, it may not be down to the club. It's all well and good saying we should have offered  a 12 month deal... but what if we have and he turned it down? What if the wage demand was well beyond a League One wage? Do we bend to his demands or 'stand strong'? He has his cons as well as his pro's... personally I'm tired of seeing us too much money willy nilly.

If Hunt stays (and on balance I really do hope he does), it has to be right for the club as well as him. Not just the player. 

Nail on the head there!!

Not forgetting he’s 31, his pace and stamina plus value is dropping.

we need to bring the age of the squad down.

• Love 1

Jack had a terrific season.

If ever there was a player designed for 352 it’s him. We knew he would hug the touchline and we knew his defensive side would be sound, but none of us knew how well he would do going forward. 

In his first spell with us at FB he rampaged forward brilliantly but his final ball was dire. This season the quality of final ball and the timing of his runs to the back post have been outstanding.

I hope it’s wrong, and that he stays. I’d love him to have a full season in Moore’s 352.

• Like 3

I like Hunt. He gives his all, and never lets us down (at least not defensively).

I'm interested to know his attacking stats though, because as a wing back we really need some output from those positions. 

Does anyknow know his goals and assist figures for last season?

He was excellent last season. I’d have liked to see him back but perhaps that option of a second year being based on promotion is crucial. Maybe he doesn’t want league one and/or perhaps he was on a bigger wage which we couldn’t match if we stayed here.

As with Berahino going I think it’s a good opportunity for us to build a core team for the next 2/3 seasons that can develop and get momentum. We should still have enough to be competitive at the top of this league whilst building for the one above 

11 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

So....keep Palmer and let Hunt go.......Moore is clueless. He should be insisting that Hunt is offered at least another year on the same terms

Palmer has a couple of years left. Hunt is out of contract.

Have you stopped to think that maybe it’s the player who wants to move on? He could be playing in the league above comfortably. 

31 minutes ago, steelerian said:

I like Hunt. He gives his all, and never lets us down (at least not defensively).

I'm interested to know his attacking stats though, because as a wing back we really need some output from those positions. 

Does anyknow know his goals and assist figures for last season?

Hunt 2 goals and 6 assists.

Johnson 2 goals and 8 assists.

Roughly the same number of games at WB.

Worth adding that our LWB is always likely to get more creative oportunities because Bannan plays more down the left, feeding those delicious balls between their FB and CB for our WB to to run onto.

• Thanks 1