Windass off to South America ??

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We need to keep our best player, he comes. within this bracket.

Why do fans on OT always want to get rid of out best players?

Even if Windass is one of our best player (highly questionable in my opinion), Moore needs to build a team that can function effectively over 46 games in League One - that might not include talented individuals who don’t fit within the chosen framework.  I remember being disappointed when Dalian Atkinson was sold, but it didn’t last long once Williams and Wilson were brought in and the rest of the money was banked.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Even if Windass is one of our best player (highly questionable in my opinion), Moore needs to build a team that can function effectively over 46 games in League One - that might not include talented individuals who don’t fit within the chosen framework.  I remember being disappointed when Dalian Atkinson was sold, but it didn’t last long once Williams and Wilson were brought in and the rest of the money was banked.

Was in magaluff that summer and picked paper up to read he'd been sold...day after I think we'd signed Paul Williams and Danny...

5 hours ago, No Uniform said:

What makes you think he doesn't enjoy playing for us? He signed a new contract whilst in league one.   

It would be an interesting move for him. Huge club.

Huge? I've never even heard of them.

Heard of Boca Juniors and River plate but that's about it for Argentine footy.

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

Great so we have to go back generations to find a decent example. 

10 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We need to keep our best player, he comes. within this bracket.

Why do fans on OT always want to get rid of out best players?

I don't believe that anybody wants to get rid of him.

For me football is a team sport, which benefits from having players fit and eager to play.

It's a bad thing to force a player to stay, if he wants to leave.

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Does he want to leave?  News to me.

It would be wrong of us to force him to go to South America.

Do you believe that he rather would want to stay and continue to play in league one for us?

10 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Why ? Nothing he has said has ever pointed to this. Has always been very supportive of the team and his teammates, and very complimentary of the supporter's.

What about not celebrating goals he scores in league 1?

2 hours ago, GermanBird said:

It would be wrong of us to force him to go to South America.

Do you believe that he rather would want to stay and continue to play in league one for us?

If it was him I'd look at the deal certainly.  It's a big step to make but also an exciting one.  I remember Alex Sabella making the trip the other way, he joined Sheffield United and was one of the first foreign players to play in the UK.  Argentina seemed so far off then all very mysterious at the time, I thought it must have been all very exciting for him. If I remember rightly he had a decent career in the UK went on to play for dirty Leeds.   Jeff King kicked the hell out of him during the Boxing Day Massacre game.  I even went to watch River Plate play against United at Bramall Lane which was part of the deal, much to my shame. (Please don't tell anyone)

Sorry for going off on a ramble down memory lane

No idea why my text turned to red either. 

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

2 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Like Windass but he was non-existent last season due to injuries. If we were offered a fee, it would be good business. 

Absolutely.  If we can get £1-2m for Windass then it gets you decent player(s) in league 1.  Ideally we need to be finding the next Twine, Callum Wilson, Watkins or Toney - players who started to climb the ladder in the lower leagues.  Though I know some will say that we can’t afford to take the risk and need to sign proven players when spending cash, I think that’s where our transfer strategy has gone wrong.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1