Windass off to South America ??

47 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We need to keep our best player, he comes. within this bracket.

Why do fans on OT always want to get rid of out best players?

He’s a good footballer but what is he?

Certainly not a striker, so where do we play him in our excellent 352? And thats before factoring in his injury woes. 

Very happy to let him go to bring in a proper striker on similar wages. Big step forward for us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

Probably got this wrong but I don’t think his heart is in it with Wednesday, nowt really to base it on just a gut feeling, plus he didn’t have the best record injury wise last season. If get a few bob for him it could be a good move for us and him

Similar feel. Get the impression he regrets leaving Rangers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

He’s a good footballer but what is he?

Certainly not a striker, so where do we play him in our excellent 352? And thats before factoring in his injury woes. 

Very happy to let him go to bring in a proper striker on similar wages. Big step forward for us.

That striker would be attracting championship clubs.  

We paid about 500k for Windass,. We'd certainly be looking to get that back for starters, maybe 750k but any less and it's probably not worth considering.

If Josh wanted to go and we cleared a decent profit then fine by me. We'd probably get more if  a championship club came in for him.

The style of football over here is appalling due to all the best talent leaving. Talleres are a decent sized club though and are from an incredible city which is football mad. If he can earn the equivalent to an English wage out here he'd live like a king

He wasn't great when he returned from injury for the playoffs but you can't be overly critical about that, obviously his injury record is a little concerning, however I doubt we will get better than a fit Windass at this level.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

If we can get a decent offer for him then let him go. 

I think he thinks he’s too good for league 1. 

Why ? Nothing he has said has ever pointed to this. Has always been very supportive of the team and his teammates, and very complimentary of the supporter's.

What an opportunity.. great country and would love the life.. he would be top of the tree.

Defo worth a 2 year deal for him to experience the lifestyle. Then still come back to UK for a decent last couple of contracts .

If they are will to pay 850k to 1m then we shud take it.

I'm currently in Argentina Rosaria . The people are lovely.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

What an opportunity.. great country and would love the life.. he would be top of the tree.

Defo worth a 2 year deal for him to experience the lifestyle. Then still come back to UK for a decent last couple of contracts .

Do they still have hyper inflation out there Doc?

2 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

I agree.

It could be a fantastic adventure.