Welcome to the Transfer Rumor mill for week of may 20th 2021

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

With a track record I'd prefer

Ideally yeh 

but we’re not in an ideal world,  what we don’t need to be doing though and what we can easily avoid , is signing journeymen on daft wages for a year 

It is not the way forward, sooner or later we have got to start bringing a few young players through at S6 , If there not coming from in house then we go out and try to steal a few Scott Twines etc 

11 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Ideally yeh 

but we’re not in an ideal world,  what we don’t need to be doing though and what we can easily avoid , is signing journeymen on daft wages for a year 

It is not the way forward, sooner or later we have got to start bringing a few young players through at S6 , If there not coming from in house then we go out and try to steal a few Scott Twines etc 

We never unearth a Scott Twine. Just not the type of club who has the right scouting in place. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We never unearth a Scott Twine. Just not the type of club who has the right scouting in place. 

Absolutely agree mate, we don’t , and probably for the reasons you state 

But that’s got to change,  and for me it’s the most important thing ,  but I also feel as a fan base we’ve gotta change our outlook on giving these younger players a good run 

How many league one clubs do we think would be excited looking at building a side around George Byers, Dennis Adeniran and Fisayo Dele Bashiru ??  Been excited at a youngish goalkeeper coming back into the building who’s had a cracking season in league two ?    Having a manager who’s absolutely willing to go with youth ?    We seem a bit scared of it 

6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The purse is open, we have let some decent players go, to replace them with the youth loans and the odd freebie is not feasible.   

If the purse is open I think we’d be going for better L1 or L2 players than Championship ones as we won't have that much to spend so reckon . 

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

The club is losing 500K a week as it is and DC wants us to become more sustainable. Losing out on promotion will also cost us about 7 million in lost revenue.

100% the club is NOT losing 500k per week currently or will have done this last year in league 1.

Time to invest in some decent league 1/2 talent that can in a year take the step up mixed in with decent loans from divisions above