Welcome to the Transfer Rumor mill for week of may 20th 2021

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Isn't Longstaff at Mansfield on loan? Only made bench in play offs. 

He is out of contract at end of season but would cost a small fee, he would be a great player for us and his Dad used to play for the Steelers.😁😁

1 minute ago, HootHoot said:

Not currently Wednesday related but QPR have extended Shodipo's contract by a year.

Didn't see that one coming!

They have extended about a dozen youth players i think last season push for promotion with Austin and a few others coming in on big wages may have cost them.

Just now, room0035 said:

They have extended about a dozen youth players i think last season push for promotion with Austin and a few others coming in on big wages may have cost them.

QPR fans don't seem to happy about it either.

Wonder if they've messed themselves up going forwards now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The purse is open, we have let some decent players go, to replace them with the youth loans and the odd freebie is not feasible.   

Is the purse open ? Think DCs days of spending have long gone. The squad will be set up like last year I would think with very little actual spend. In reality we will have to see who replaces the loaned players such as Byers , Dean , BPF. That is were Moore will have to get the phone book out, did well enough last year.

34 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We need to be signing Championship players

We need good league one players or younger players we can develop, championship players cost too much.

unless we are looking at players like Pederson who would be quality down our left wing.😁

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Is the purse open ? Think DCs days of spending have long gone. The squad will be set up like last year I would think with very little actual spend. In reality we will have to see who replaces the loaned players such as Byers , Dean , BPF. That is were Moore will have to get the phone book out, did well enough last year.

I thought Byers was our player, will be interesting to see which direction we will go in, the first couple of signings should give us some pointers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I thought Byers was our player, will be interesting to see which direction we will go in, the first couple of signings should give us some pointers

Byers is our player we have a big sell on for swans 

5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

missed quite a few games last season. 

Id not noticed to be honest pal,  steady player at a good age though , and long-standing interest from us 

5 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We need to be signing Championship players

Players with the potential to play in the championship