Arghh sheer torture

Sunderland showed more balls than us, they sacked their manager when 3rd, we kept ours when we were 8th, and we had by far the best squad.

Good luck to um 

And from our point of view we should hope Sunderland go up , if not they will be in the top 2 next season 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

Sunderland showed more balls than us, they sacked their manager when 3rd, we kept ours when we were 8th, and we had by far the best squad.

Good luck to um 

And from our point of view we should hope Sunderland go up , if not they will be in the top 2 next season 

Sacked their manager when 3rd and finished 5th with the aim of automatic promotion.

If they don't go up, was that still the right decision?

Edited by HootHoot
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We finished above them in the league (just). They were 3rd when they sacked Johnson, we were 8th at the time...

They narrowly saw us off in the play offs with a last minute equaliser in a game they turned into an absolute turd with their attritional brand of football. 

Not sure how we have a far better squad than them when the difference was a solitary point in the league. We didn't have a striker who scored 25 goals, nor do we have attacking wide players with the pace of Roberts and Clarke. 

But yes, let's turn a thread about Sunderland getting pissed in London into another excuse to have a pop at our manager. 

Post of the day.  

Let's be Wednesday fans for a change

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We finished above them in the league (just). They were 3rd when they sacked Johnson, we were 8th at the time...

They narrowly saw us off in the play offs with a last minute equaliser in a game they turned into an absolute turd with their attritional brand of football. 

Not sure how we have a far better squad than them when the difference was a solitary point in the league. We didn't have a striker who scored 25 goals, nor do we have attacking wide players with the pace of Roberts and Clarke. 

But yes, let's turn a thread about Sunderland getting pissed in London into another excuse to have a pop at our manager. 

Tiresome isn't it.

We finished above them and despite having more possssion they scored two goals in the semi which came from defensive lapses.

And one was in 93rd minute of 2nd leg.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

Good luck to um 

So sacking the manager guarantees success. :Chansiri:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

It's the bloody play offs and it's a lottery. 

In 2016 we beat a Brighton side who had finished 15 points ahead of us. Do we think that Brighton fans were sat there saying Hughton was crap and they should have got rid? They stuck with the bloke, backed him again, and he delivered automatic promotion the following season. 

Look, Moore has got deliver next season, no question. We can't be getting into November time again and still finding our way in terms of best team, tactics etc., but let's f*cking back the guy after he delivered a good season and just missed out. 

While I appreciate the attempt at pragmatism and desire for stability, I think we all saw the loss coming. Not just because we're conditioned to fear the worst, but because the football throughout most of the season just wasn't clinical. Under Moore I feel we're lacking a cutting edge where it matters most. The playoffs for me was a bit too pedestrian, and lacking the urgency it deserved. But let's pretend otherwise. Let's convince ourselves we did a good job even though we ultimately failed. Just as we failed the previous season, going into the last match of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, bobness said:

While I appreciate the attempt at pragmatism and desire for stability, I think we all saw the loss coming. Not just because we're conditioned to fear the worst, but because the football throughout most of the season just wasn't clinical. Under Moore I feel we're lacking a cutting edge where it matters most. The playoffs for me was a bit too pedestrian, and lacking the urgency it deserved. But let's pretend otherwise. Let's convince ourselves we did a good job even though we ultimately failed. Just as we failed the previous season, going into the last match of the season.

Fair enough. 

Let's tear it all up and start again. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Fair enough. 

Let's tear it all up and start again. 

That's the bit I fear the most, and why I'm not convinced we should give Moore the sack. As much as I'm not convinced by him, putting it back into the hands of DC is the stuff of nightmares.

Edited by bobness

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

It's the bloody play offs and it's a lottery. 

In 2016 we beat a Brighton side who had finished 15 points ahead of us. Do we think that Brighton fans were sat there saying Hughton was crap and they should have got rid? They stuck with the bloke, backed him again, and he delivered automatic promotion the following season. 

Look, Moore has got deliver next season, no question. We can't be getting into November time again and still finding our way in terms of best team, tactics etc., but let's f*cking back the guy after he delivered a good season and just missed out. 

Too much common sense, best throw something ridiculous in, like, is Holloway available?

1 minute ago, Luke said:

This forum is slowly turning to Sunderlandtalk 

I would love it if you made your own forum.

You would be king.

Ask about season ticket refunds, slag off Bannan, slag off Moore. No holding back. 

Some of those Sunderland fans have more respect/love of our club then you do.

• Like 5

Sheer torture was watching the pigs the other night potentially getting to Wembley and even worse getting promoted. Sunderland at Wembley is a breeze. If they go up then so be it. Equally Wymcombe. 

In the famous words of Moore we go again.

• Like 1