Barry Bannon is a Celt

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

That’s not just based on this season.

The best goal scoring season he’s had in his career when he bagged 12 goals for Accrington Stanley in league 2

He was also injured when we were in the Championship but was clearly our best striker when he played.

Honestly think this should be a new thread.  It's got literally nothing to do with his family holiday.  I'm outa here.  I feel like i'm going down the rabbit hole in Alison in Wonderland.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

He was also injured when we were in the Championship but was clearly our best striker when he played.

Honestly think this should be a new thread.  It's got literally nothing to do with his family holiday.  I'm outa here.  I feel like i'm going down the rabbit hole in Alison in Wonderland.

Actually it's Alice in Wonderland..lol

• Haha 2

Thing is as well with these big tweeters..I’ve heard if you question them about anything they just block yer..so they end up with a load of followers who just blow smoke up their rectum..all sounds a bit ssaaaaad to me😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

What a lame response.  Someone makes an interesting point but you clearly deem it unworthy of debate and just want to slag off the poster.  Come on, try a bit harder - what exactly is your point of view?

I gave it earlier. Windass is only human. He is not any sort of ambassador for modesty or contrition. He shouldn’t have to avoid doing anything that any normal person would so in the fear that he will offend someone. 

By the way, it wasn’t an interesting point; it was an ill conceived statement. Pat B was suggesting that Windass shouldn’t post on social media (or not post what he did post) because he hasn’t had a great season and we lost in the playoffs. 

I’m sorry, but that is crackers. 

What’s next? Installing a set of stocks under the South Stand?  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

What a lame response.  Someone makes an interesting point but you clearly deem it unworthy of debate and just want to slag off the poster.  Come on, try a bit harder - what exactly is your point of view?

Thanks Steve, appreciate that.

As I said I was only giving a personal point of view.

It’s not a big issue that’s worth arguing about and if someone else thinks I’m talking rubbish and it doesn’t matter what players do after a play off defeat and failed season then that’s fair enough too

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Thanks Steve, appreciate that.

As I said I was only giving a personal point of view.

It’s not a big issue that’s worth arguing about and if someone else thinks I’m talking rubbish and it doesn’t matter what players do after a play off defeat and failed season then that’s fair enough too

All that matters is what they on the training ground and on the pitch during the season. Everything else is their own business. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, shandypants said:

All that matters is what they on the training ground and on the pitch during the season. Everything else is their own business. 

Exactly. And Bannan was class on the pitch last season but I still don’t think it’s wise to be winding up Rangers fans on Twitter when you’re a current player. 

Windass didn’t really do anything on the pitch last season so I’d say to him he should just let his football do the talking 

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Exactly. And Bannan was class on the pitch last season but I still don’t think it’s wise to be winding up Rangers fans on Twitter when you’re a current player. 

Windass didn’t really do anything on the pitch last season so I’d say to him he should just let his football do the talking 

Bannan is making those remarks as a Celtic fan; not as a football player. Windass couldn’t let his football do the talking because he’s been out injured. Your arguments are flawed. 

• Like 2

Scotsman from Glasgow supports Celtic.

Wow. Who’d have thought that ever possible?

Who cares who Bannan supports? He’s hardly tweeting out bigoted anti British stuff is he.

Some folk need to get a thicker skin. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

I used to think Windass was decent but now I’d say he’s a bit over rated and not as good as he seems to think he is himself.

He’s never bagged more than 9 goals in a season in any of the top 3 leagues in English football.

If he reads this thread and it fires him up to bag 20+ goals next season for Wednesday then I’d be delighted but I think it’s a long shot given what’s he’s produced in his career so far

He averaged a goal or an assist every 60 mins this season in the league.

Think it's fair to say if he'd been fit he'd have had a good season based on those numbers.

If he stays fit, which I feel he will, he'll do well for us next season.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Bannan is making those remarks as a Celtic fan; not as a football player. Windass couldn’t let his football do the talking because he’s been out injured. Your arguments are flawed. 

Can you remind me what Windass contributed in the 120 minutes he was on the pitch during the two legs of the semi final?

I’ll be honest I can forgive you for forgetting he was on the field for those two games. I can’t really remember one piece of quality from him in either game 

5 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Can you remind me what Windass contributed in the 120 minutes he was on the pitch during the two legs of the semi final?

I’ll be honest I can forgive you for forgetting he was on the field for those two games. I can’t really remember one piece of quality from him in either game 

Windass hadn’t played for months before his recent return; it is not beyond the bounds of reason that he wouldn’t play well and he didn’t play well at all. However, you cannot sensibly argue that someone must “lie low” for a couple of weeks because he didn’t play well in a two-legged game of football.  

I’m out by the way - I can’t reason with someone that is firmly behind a ridiculous notion that footballers have to be publicly contrite or hide away based on performances. You carry on arguing your point if you must (it’s your absolute right to do so) but you should know that you are coming across as a prissy self-entitled “Karen” that’s pursuing a trivial argument because something wasn’t to their liking.

• Love 1