Barry Bannon is a Celt

1 hour ago, pat blondeau said:

Just thought it was polite to reply when someone quotes you and you get a notification.

I better dip out of the thread then because it geniunely doesn’t bother me that much either way. It’s not exactly the biggest issue of the season.

I gave a view the club captain shouldn’t really get involved with stuff like that online. And I don’t think it’s asking that much of footballers who have failed in their season’s objectives to keep a low profile for a week or two while the dust settles on the season.

If you have a different view and have no issue with Bannan winding up Rangers fans on Twitter and getting a load of abuse back, Windass backing up Mcburnie and Windass being in Mexico with Kell Brook a couple of days after the Sunderland defeat then that’s fine too 

Jesus H Christ. How precious are you? Footballers are just people like everyone else. They’re not ambassadors for life, everyone and everything. Why do they have to “keep a low profile for a week or two while the dust settles on the season.”?  You appear to be a bit of a “Karen” with that statement. 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

This definitely has the feel of a ‘post season’ thread where people don’t have much to rant about so have to vent their anger at anything they can…

Six actual pages of argument about a professional footballer who supports one team posting about the misfortune of the rivals of the team he supports. Brilliant stuff!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

I guess it doesn’t really matter like you say, maybe it’s just perception after a bad defeat and poor season from Windass that he’s joking around with Kell Brook within a day or two.

Seem to remember a few Man United players like Rashford and Lingard getting a bit of stick for being in Dubai partying during the last international break at a time when Man U had just been knocked out of the champions league and were failing in the league. Do you have no issues with stuff like that either?

Did you lock yourself away in a darkened room for a week after the defeat?

10 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Jesus H Christ. How precious are you? Footballers are just people like everyone else. They’re not ambassadors for life, everyone and everything. Why do they have to “keep a low profile for a week or two while the dust settles on the season.”?  You appear to be a bit of a “Karen” with that statement. 

I just don’t think it’s something someone who’s a geniune winner (take Roy Keane or Sergio Aguero as examples) would do after a bad defeat and after having a poor season individually.

It’s something I’d expect from a Jesse Lingard or Dele Alli.

And Windass looks like he’s done more in 2 weeks in Mexico than he’s done in 2 seasons at Hillsborough.

Gregory could get away with posting whatever he wants after the season he’s had but again I don’t think he’s the sort of pro that would do. He comes across as a top pro Gregory 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

I just don’t think it’s something someone who’s a geniune winner (take Roy Keane or Sergio Aguero as examples) would do after a bad defeat and after having a poor season individually.

And Windass looks like he’s done more in 2 weeks in Mexico than he’s done in 2 seasons at Hillsborough.

Gregory could get away with posting whatever he wants after the season he’s had but again I don’t think he’s the sort of pro that would do. He comes across as a top pro Gregory 

Fvvck me sideways! You’re fvvcking crackers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, pat blondeau said:

Don't think you have to be match fit to go on a quad bike.

He's not had a 'poor' season.  He's been injured for quite a bit of it, which is not by choice.  I'm sure he's done a lot to get back fit again.

Roy Keane is throw back to the past who is a winner at ALL costs and can't understand why anybody else isn't so obsessed with it.  Even to the point when he alienates himself.  There's incredibly very few of his type around.  

Jesse Lingard is a brilliant player whatever anybody says and your making huge assumptions.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Gregory could get away with posting whatever he wants after the season he’s had  

Off the charts levels of whacky this

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Bazza takin the wee out of rangers is like when you wer a kid you would say yer mates brand new bike is pants...even tho you haven’t even got one..bit silly from bannan this..wh8lst plying his trade in the 3rd division

2 minutes ago, The coach said:

Bazza takin the wee out of rangers is like when you wer a kid you would say yer mates brand new bike is pants...even tho you haven’t even got one..bit silly from bannan this..wh8lst plying his trade in the 3rd division

Ffs he's a fan of Celtic wtf has it got to do with him playing in league 1 are you real..

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, pat blondeau said:

I guess it doesn’t really matter like you say, maybe it’s just perception after a bad defeat and poor season from Windass that he’s joking around with Kell Brook within a day or two.

Seem to remember a few Man United players like Rashford and Lingard getting a bit of stick for being in Dubai partying during the last international break at a time when Man U had just been knocked out of the champions league and were failing in the league. Do you have no issues with stuff like that either?

Totally agree pal...love to get rid of these ‘names’ and bring some players in we have never heard of on lower wages..we have tried throwing money at crocks who seem for interested in the ‘socials’..we need a new aproach...surprised windlass hasn’t injured his thumb tweeting

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The coach said:

He's a ..........fan!!

So nobody on owlstalk can have a laugh at ANY player again?

• Love 2

10 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Fvvck me sideways! You’re fvvcking crackers. 

What a lame response.  Someone makes an interesting point but you clearly deem it unworthy of debate and just want to slag off the poster.  Come on, try a bit harder - what exactly is your point of view?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Don't think you have to be match fit to go on a quad bike.

He's not had a 'poor' season.  He's been injured for quite a bit of it, which is not by choice.  I'm sure he's done a lot to get back fit again.

Roy Keane is throw back to the past who is a winner at ALL costs and can't understand why anybody else isn't so obsessed with it.  Even to the point when he alienates himself.  There's incredibly very few of his type around.  

Jesse Lingard is a brilliant player whatever anybody says and your making huge assumptions.

I used to think Windass was decent but now I’d say he’s a bit over rated and not as good as he seems to think he is himself.

He’s never bagged more than 9 goals in a season in any of the top 3 leagues in English football.

If he reads this thread and it fires him up to bag 20+ goals next season for Wednesday then I’d be delighted but I think it’s a long shot given what’s he’s produced in his career so far

Just now, pat blondeau said:

I used to think Windass was decent but now I’d say he’s a bit over rated and not as good as he seems to think he is himself.

He’s never bagged more than 9 goals in a season in any of the top 3 leagues in English football.

If he reads this thread and it fires him up to bag 20+ goals next season for Wednesday then I’d be delighted but I think it’s a long shot given what’s he’s produced in his career so far

I can understand if we release him for his injury record.

BUT HE HAS BEEN FRIGGIN INJURED AND NOT MATCH FIT!!

How can he be over rated if he has been INJURED!!

We have seen very little of him in League 1 for us  because he has been INJURED!!

• Like 2