Barry Bannon is a Celt

For me it is awesome that seasoned professional who plays football for living still cares about club He supported as a child.

Far too often those loyalties fade and pro players only care about club currently paying their wages.

I love to see that Bannan is still Celtic fan just as much as I love to see Byers routing for Rangers, and their banter has been good fun to read.

• Like 1

Can’t believe a fan taking the ******** out of their rival team, its never happened before and Wednesday fans would never do it too United fans. 

Absolute cretin.

Also a full time employee having  a holiday, what a world we live in today. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You do it on here yourself

When you've just had an embarrassing month of posts and failed to win any debates last thing I'd be doing is having a jab at far more successful posters than yourself and crying like a child about footballers tweeting on twitter

lol

Whenever i imagine Luke posting, I see David Tennant playing Des Nielsen.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Don't link your other opinions to him then if it's a totally different subject.

Well it wasn't a totally different subject was it although granted we had seemed to have drifted somewhat. Someone was complaining about the bloke enjoying himself on holiday and I was pointing out where IMO a footballer should and shouldn't be enjoying himself, not too difficult to understand really

2 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Well it wasn't a totally different subject was it although granted we had seemed to have drifted somewhat. Someone was complaining about the bloke enjoying himself on holiday and I was pointing out where IMO a footballer should and shouldn't be enjoying himself, not too difficult to understand really

Not too difficult to understand?!

Bannan was having a laugh at Rangers.

Windass was on holiday in Mexico.

You mentioned celebrities taking the p@ss.

This is ***** going back to 2006 when somebody was 'outraged' about Teale driving a Range Rover.  I don't get some of this fanbase.

Bannan is Scottish and likes Celtic to win and Rangers to lose.

Windass played for Rangers and likes them to win.

Why do we care?

Don’t  tell me that many people watched them last night and didn’t have a preference for rangers to win or lose?

Complete non-event and symptomatic of our current fragile society.

People are allowed opinions, support, discord and partisan persuasions.

We are humans, not robots!

Edited by JemmoJemoJemmo

54 minutes ago, markowl said:

Yeah.

Obviously no big deal to you.

Hence the six replies in the thread..

Just thought it was polite to reply when someone quotes you and you get a notification.

I better dip out of the thread then because it geniunely doesn’t bother me that much either way. It’s not exactly the biggest issue of the season.

I gave a view the club captain shouldn’t really get involved with stuff like that online. And I don’t think it’s asking that much of footballers who have failed in their season’s objectives to keep a low profile for a week or two while the dust settles on the season.

If you have a different view and have no issue with Bannan winding up Rangers fans on Twitter and getting a load of abuse back, Windass backing up Mcburnie and Windass being in Mexico with Kell Brook a couple of days after the Sunderland defeat then that’s fine too 

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well let's hope they all read it because otherwise this world will go down the toilet LET ME TELL YOU

12 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Not too difficult to understand?!

Bannan was having a laugh at Rangers.

Windass was on holiday in Mexico.

You mentioned celebrities taking the p@ss.

This is ***** going back to 2006 when somebody was 'outraged' about Teale driving a Range Rover.  I don't get some of this fanbase.

It's at this point where I'm going to ga and take a cold shower and have a serious word with myself and commit, from here on in to thoroughly read and understand threads prior to posting in them.

18 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Just thought it was polite to reply when someone quotes you and you get a notification.

I better dip out of the thread then because it geniunely doesn’t bother me that much either way. It’s not exactly the biggest issue of the season.

I gave a view the club captain shouldn’t really get involved with stuff like that online. And I don’t think it’s asking that much of footballers who have failed in their season’s objectives to keep a low profile for a week or two while the dust settles on the season.

If you have a different view and have no issue with Bannan winding up Rangers fans on Twitter and getting a load of abuse back, Windass backing up Mcburnie and Windass being in Mexico with Kell Brook a couple of days after the Sunderland defeat then that’s fine too 

Why shouldn't Windass be on holiday with Kell Brook?

I find the thought that you think there's something wrong with that absolutely baffling.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

And I don’t think it’s asking that much of footballers who have failed in their season’s objectives to keep a low profile for a week or two while the dust settles on the season. 

I do (personal opinion) 

I don't see what difference it makes if a player keeps a low profile or goes and has the time of their life?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I do (personal opinion) 

I don't see what difference it makes if a player keeps a low profile or goes and has the time of their life?

I guess it doesn’t really matter like you say, maybe it’s just perception after a bad defeat and poor season from Windass that he’s joking around with Kell Brook within a day or two.

Seem to remember a few Man United players like Rashford and Lingard getting a bit of stick for being in Dubai partying during the last international break at a time when Man U had just been knocked out of the champions league and were failing in the league. Do you have no issues with stuff like that either?