Barry Bannon is a Celt

1 hour ago, pat blondeau said:

He’s club captain and shouldn’t be getting involved on Twitter in stuff like this. As club captain he should be setting an example and he’s representing the club.

And as a pro who’s just failed in a league 1 play off semi he looks daft taking the ******** out of fellow pros who are playing a couple of levels above him and have just lost in a Europa league final.

You’ve also got Windass tweeting yesterday supporting Mcburnie and posting photos of himself living it up in Mexico after doing nothing all season.

It’s not been a great couple of days for Wednesday players on Twitter and Moore should be having a word with Bannan and Windass about how they use social media 

To be fair apparently Windass also said that it was disgusting that Billy Sharp was assaulted after the play off semi. Tweeting against wanton violence is commendable and you can't deny he is on the right side of this one.

What?..... Billy Sharp plays for United?..... Oh dear! No Josh!  lol

50 minutes ago, Key said:

Jealous much?

Would you have felt better if he'd only gone to Skegvegas instead of Mexico?

Josh explaining to his missus: "Sorry luv, I was planning a more exotic holiday, but apparently some of the chaps on OwlsTalk think us players shouldn't be enjoying ourselves until after we've won the Premier League and the full set of Domestic, European and World trophies for the tenth season in a row, so Skeggy it is, and we should be grateful for small mercies, just don't be caught smiling in any photos or they'll get proper angry-mad!"

I wouldn’t say it’s jealousy… I know he’s a millionaire footballer who’s going to go on decent holidays.

With Windass it was more what he posted about Mcburnie and the timing of his Mexico photos. Just comes across that he’s not that bothered we missed out on Wembley because it gave him an extra couple of weeks on holiday.

And the fact it looks like he’s done more in Mexico than he did at Hillsborough last season.

But as I say, maybe it’s me that’s behind the times and that’s just how pro footballers are today 

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

I wouldn’t say it’s jealousy… I know he’s a millionaire footballer who’s going to go on decent holidays.

With Windass it was more what he posted about Mcburnie and the timing of his Mexico photos. Just comes across that he’s not that bothered we missed out on Wembley because it gave him an extra couple of weeks on holiday.

And the fact it looks like he’s done more in Mexico than he did at Hillsborough last season.

But as I say, maybe it’s me that’s behind the times and that’s just how pro footballers are today 

The timing of his Mexico photos???

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Wasn’t he posting from Mexico joking around with Kell Brook a couple of days after we got beat by Sunderland?

And?

What should he do to appease people that will never ever ever EVER be appeased? 

Post photos of him crying every day because we lost??

Whatever our players do, say or post, some of our fans will always look to give them a good kicking and say 'they shouldn't be doing that' 

Those fans should never be catered for, listened to, or agreed with

They should be ignored

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Often wonder - these fans saying our players shouldn't post photos of themselves having a happy time a few days after a defeat

Do the same rules apply to THEM?

If they have a crappy day at McDonalds or do a crap job on a building site - does that mean they can't go out with their mates that night or the weekend and have a good time?

Come on now

Let's grow up a bit 

FFS

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Musttryharder
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's mad innit

No wonder we see people running on the pitch to headbutt players etc with people like this wandering amongst us with that kind of logic

It may be. But dont keep chucking fuel on fire and playing to an audience. Anyone else you would accuse them of 'click bait' . By the way you draw some very odd comparisons. Just an observation. Mind, I do admire your knack of drawing some 'seasoned' posters out of the woodwork to agree with you. It is very entertaining at times. 

Just now, Musttryharder said:

It may be. But dont keep chucking fuel on fire and playing to an audience. Anyone else you would accuse them of 'click bait' . By the way you draw some very odd comparisons. Just an observation. Mind, I do admire your knack of drawing some 'seasoned' posters out of the woodwork to agree with you. It is very entertaining at times. 

I'll post what I want thanks

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

And?

What should he do to appease people that will never ever ever EVER be appeased? 

Post photos of him crying every day because we lost??

It’s not really a big deal to me so I don’t want to sound like I’m making a big issue out of it.

But as a pro footballer who earns a very big wage and contributed barely anything last season and failed in the play off semi I think he could keep a low profile for a week or two after a bad defeat.

In the last couple of days he’s posted photos of himself on horse back, quad biking and coming down a zip wire. With his injury record he’ll probably come back injured 

Just now, pat blondeau said:

In the last couple of days he’s posted photos of himself on horse back, quad biking and coming down a zip wire. With his injury record he’ll probably come back injured 

OH MY GOD

I didn't realise this 

This is genuinely horrific

Quad biking on holiday

Coming down a zip wire

RIDING A HORSE?!?!?

WTF

OH MY GOD

I wish someone had mentioned this earlier and in as much detail

Now I realise what he's been up to in his own time on his holidays I can see why you want him executed and in my opinion even THAT is going too soft on him

I am genuinely gobsmacked

I honestly just can't believe what I've just read

He's actually gone on a quad bike on holiday

FFFFFFOOOOOOOKKKK ME

We need to hound him out of the club for this

This is unforgivable

I mean - I've read, heard and seen some things in my time but a footballer going on holiday and horseriding and quad biking is right up there as the most horrific things I've ever heard.

We need to sort this out with a campaign of letters into the chairman to out this 'windass' bloke for this

Nothing short of a public flogging on Fargate will do

And I think setting him on fire, then feeding his ashes to some wild dogs would be too good for this man as a result of his UNFORGIVABLE acts.

I'm going to have to have a lie down now I've heard a footballer has gone on a quad bike on his holidays

But I will be back 

I will be back soon 

I will be back to drive this player out of our club BELIEVE YOU ME

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

OH MY GOD

I didn't realise this 

This is genuinely horrific

Quad biking on holiday

Coming down a zip wire

RIDING A HORSE?!?!?

WTF

OH MY GOD

I wish someone had mentioned this earlier and in as much detail

Now I realise what he's been up to in his own time on his holidays I can see why you want him executed and in my opinion even THAT is going too soft on him

I am genuinely gobsmacked

I honestly just can't believe what I've just read

He's actually gone on a quad bike on holiday

FFFFFFOOOOOOOKKKK ME

We need to hound him out of the club for this

This is unforgivable

I mean - I've read, heard and seen some things in my time but a footballer going on holiday and horseriding and quad biking is right up there as the most horrific things I've ever heard.

We need to sort this out with a campaign of letters into the chairman to out this 'windass' bloke for this

Nothing short of a public flogging on Fargate will do

And I think setting him on fire, then feeding his ashes to some wild dogs would be too good for this man as a result of his UNFORGIVABLE acts.

I'm going to have to have a lie down now I've heard a footballer has gone on a quad bike on his holidays

But I will be back 

I will be back soon 

I will be back to drive this player out of our club BELIEVE YOU ME

Going a bit far there.

I just think he had a poor season on an individual basis and failed in a play off semi so he could keep a low profile for a week or two.

It’s no big deal really.

And he’ll still be here next season because no one’s going to buy him. So I hope he comes back refreshed and delivers the goods next season 

• Like 1

Just now, BridportOwl said:

If his social media is upsetting you, you could, you know, not look at it.

You're misunderstanding the problem here

The problem is that a player has...

Get ready for this...

It is going to upset you and shock you

GONE ON HOLIDAY AND HAD FUN

I know right?

How can we as fans sit by and allow this to happen?

We must hound him out immediately

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're misunderstanding the problem here

The problem is that a player has...

Get ready for this...

It is going to upset you and shock you

GONE ON HOLIDAY AND HAD FUN

I know right?

How can we as fans sit by and allow this to happen?

We must hound him out immediately

Do you have any line with it? Pogba as an example gets a lot of stick from Man United fans for not seeming to care about results.

If a player who played for a club that had just been relegated posted photos of himself joking about on holiday the following day would you have any issues with that?

Ultimately I guess it comes down to what the player delivers on the pitch and Windass hasn’t really delivered enough for Wednesday in his two and half years at the club.

I’d like him to prove me wrong next season but I think he’s a bit over rated too, he’s never scored more than 9 goals in a season in any of the top 3 leagues in English football 

Must be old fashioned 

If I'd just had a embarrassing 2 playoff games (apparently one pass makes you a god) and failed to get promoted 

Last thing I'd be doing is having a jab at a far more successful team than the one I've failed yet again at and was crying like a child when called out 

Then again theres hundreds of people so far up his backside he can do no wrong 

• Like 3

Nothing wrong with Bannan going on holiday and having a good time at all, he's earned it. But, there's always a but, it's the laughing and joking immediately after getting beat that wee wees me off, sometimes with the opposition. Be a bit like Colleens and Rebekahs QC's after the trial was over today, fanatically arguing their clients cases until the end of the case then fawning all over each other, whispering in each others ears and probably saying stuff like "WTF was that all about" and/or "money for old rope this isn't it." And they'd be right.😂