Corporate Matchday Hospitality

I have never been to one at Hillsborough, but have been at several other clubs, usually as a guest of clients at my old job.

Fulham

Chelsea

Watford

Man City, many times (mates wife works there)

I always enjoy it. Man City put on a particularly good day, every time. Chelsea was shocking, but then I'm assuming we weren't exactly in the poshest of areas that day.

As for cost, I've never paid so really wouldn't know. But I would definitely pay for such a day out for a special occasion.

1 hour ago, steelerian said:

I have never been to one at Hillsborough, but have been at several other clubs, usually as a guest of clients at my old job.

Fulham

Chelsea

Watford

Man City, many times (mates wife works there)

I always enjoy it. Man City put on a particularly good day, every time. Chelsea was shocking, but then I'm assuming we weren't exactly in the poshest of areas that day.

As for cost, I've never paid so really wouldn't know. But I would definitely pay for such a day out for a special occasion.

What did you not like about Chelseas?

Was it just bad food?

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, hopevalleyowl said:

My company sponsored the Charlton match in February, £2000 + VAT for 10 guests..

Excellent three course meal, snacks at half and full time, great private waiter service, 3hrs drinks before an hour after, top day

Am tempted to do this for Owlstalk next season

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

15 hours ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

Been in a box twice.  Lost 5-0 at home to Norwich

I went to that...invite from my wife's medical supply team. She's a Norwich fan and we had a bet that whoever's side lost would pay for the meal out that evening...after the second goal went in she was  " what's the most expensive restaurant in town ? " lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Boxes were a little better and less formal but not a boys day out; Not that it should be either, just not my cup of rea.

Was it round Christmas time and did you drive home after?

On 19/05/2022 at 10:36, AtkinsonsBarmyArmy said:

I took my father in the dooleys suite for the Cheltenham game in March. It was a suprise for his 70th. We are both season ticket holders on kop. It was a great day out. Three course meal before game, one course at halftime and another at full time. Which was pie & gravy. Not eaten so much in ages. You get a discount for having a season ticket and for being over 65. They couldn't do enough for us from start to finish. £20 bar tab or half bottle of wine?. No brainer. John Pearson was comparing and the guest ex player was luke varney.

On next table was a elderly couple who were Cheltenham fans and wanted the full corporate experience at a big stadium, there words. They loved it, apart from result. As added extras they got Steve Ellis (official swfc photographer) to take some pictures of us at pitchside and in dugout. They then emailed them to me a couple of days later. Also gave him a signed football, which should have been £20 but didn't charge us for it. The padded seats we're really comfortable for a man with a bad back & knees.

It was good to get a different view of the game from the south stand, which I haven't sat in for years. They had drinks ready & waiting on our table at halftime and full-time. All in all a great day (won 4-1). He was one happy man and kept repeating how much he enjoyed it. Now my daughter wants same for her birthday. Sorry for long post. Wanted to detail as much as possible. Great one off experience for a special occasion.

How much did this cost you if you don’t mind me asking? I’m looking to take my old man to something like this 

59 minutes ago, The coach said:

If you are paying for your own booze the box should be a grand...(utd s are) ..10 mates at 100 each I would hold every birthday there..200 a piece plus booze is a bit steep

Match sponsor was £200 (£240 inc VAT) per person which included 4hrs booze, 3 course meal and half time/full time refreshments all included. Also got a signed shirt and bottle of Moët champagne.

Ive done similar hospitality at Ibrox and at Hampden Park and I think SWFC represents good value for money 

Edited by hopevalleyowl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

How much did this cost you if you don’t mind me asking? I’m looking to take my old man to something like this 

Hi Mosborough owl. It was £225 + £45 vat = £270. £127:50 for me & £97:50 for my father. You get a discount for having a season ticket and for over 65's. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What did you not like about Chelseas?

Was it just bad food?

It was just a cold finger buffet of mainly snadwiches, served in a pokey room, with tins of beer in a fridge. It wold honestly have been more preferable in a pub with real beer and order a bite off the menu.
But as I said, you probably get what you pay for, and Im sure there would have been more elite options. That was some years ago too, maybe 2006 ish.

• Like 2

Guest Musttryharder
18 hours ago, hopevalleyowl said:

Match sponsor was £200 (£240 inc VAT) per person which included 4hrs booze, 3 course meal and half time/full time refreshments all included. Also got a signed shirt and bottle of Moët champagne.

Ive done similar hospitality at Ibrox and at Hampden Park and I think SWFC represents good value for money 

SWFC for up and coming 2022/2023 season. To re new, £22,500 + vat  for 10 people, 2 course meal, no free booze, free tea& coffee, free programme. Works out at about a grand a game + vat.

10 hours ago, Musttryharder said:

SWFC for up and coming 2022/2023 season. To re new, £22,500 + vat  for 10 people, 2 course meal, no free booze, free tea& coffee, free programme. Works out at about a grand a game + vat.

Do you get ticket priority for away games?  

Guest Musttryharder
2 hours ago, pahowl said:

Do you get ticket priority for away games?  

I dont do away games. Havent done for a few years.