Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, room0035 said:

The problem is, is if this is not stamped out immediately, whose to say the next attack is not a player being stabbed or worse.

 

Because there is clearly little or no checks being done as people enter the stadiums across the country, because how the fizz do they walk in with flares and not get stopped. If you can conceal a flare, whose to say they are not concealing a knife or worse.

Totally agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Police surely have better things to do than take the register

 

 

More reasons to not get yourself arrested by running on pitches or fighting at footy matches then

  • Like 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In AD 59, there was a riot in the  Pompeii amphitheatre, in which spectators from Pompeii and the nearby town of Nuceria fought each other after invading the arena, with the result that the Emperor Nero banned games at Pompeii for a period of ten years.

 

I had a go at it.

Didnt work. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Pitch invasions don't headbutt people.

Dickhedz do.

It’s the law. What’s hard to understand. The rules are there for a reason. To stop things like this happening. Yes it was one div that did it, but he got on because everyone else ran on. I guarantee this incident doesn’t happen if everyone stays in the stands. 
 

simple. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Nero said:

In AD 59, there was a riot in the  Pompeii amphitheatre, in which spectators from Pompeii and the nearby town of Nuceria fought each other after invading the arena, with the result that the Emperor Nero banned games at Pompeii for a period of ten years.

 

I had a go at it.

Didnt work. 

Not surprised with all the lions..

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nero said:

In AD 59, there was a riot in the  Pompeii amphitheatre, in which spectators from Pompeii and the nearby town of Nuceria fought each other after invading the arena, with the result that the Emperor Nero banned games at Pompeii for a period of ten years.

 

I had a go at it.

Didnt work. 

And 20 years later they were punished for it.   The theory is the riot and the volcanic eruption were linked, but that's not set in stone.

Edited by Manwë
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im not condoning the Billy Sharp attack, cokehead aggression or general thuggery but its part of the football culture in 2022. Lock em up when caught.

My vague point on Pompeii though is that pitch invasions gave been part of sporting rivalry for well over 2000 years. 

Going to football is tribal, edgy, occasionally frightening and sometimes genuinely dangerous. Thats what football is and always has been since it was invented.

I like it that way and i for one dont want those things to go from the football experience just because a new breed of football fan wants a nice boring generic entertainment event rather than a football match.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

More reasons to not get yourself arrested by running on pitches or fighting at footy matches then

What about fighting on the pitch at half time?

could have a manager’s scrap, celeb fan scrap,

and for cup games an owlstalk free for all?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

What about fighting on the pitch at half time?

could have a manager’s scrap, celeb fan scrap,

and for cup games an owlstalk free for all?

 

Think ex- Parajack would win that 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Think ex- Parajack would win that 🤣

Couldn’t make it a team event, take ages to sort the line up’s and some of the nuggets would be constantly changing sides

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forest season ticket holder Robert Biggs, 30, pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm and was jailed for 24 weeks.

 

At Nottingham Magistrates' Court on Thursday, Biggs, from Church View, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, was ordered to pay £500 compensation to Sharp, £85 in costs and a £128 victim surcharge.

 

He was also given a 10-year football banning order.


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Nero said:

Im not condoning the Billy Sharp attack, cokehead aggression or general thuggery but its part of the football culture in 2022. Lock em up when caught.

My vague point on Pompeii though is that pitch invasions gave been part of sporting rivalry for well over 2000 years. 

Going to football is tribal, edgy, occasionally frightening and sometimes genuinely dangerous. Thats what football is and always has been since it was invented.

I like it that way and i for one dont want those things to go from the football experience just because a new breed of football fan wants a nice boring generic entertainment event rather than a football match.

 

 

 

 

 

Has it really though....  i think if you look at photos from many many years ago you'll see the crowd all wearing suits and caps while stood together clapping..... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

 

Has it really though....  i think if you look at photos from many many years ago you'll see the crowd all wearing suits and caps while stood together clapping..... 

 

 

Yep

Fans weren't even segregated in separate stands 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...