Big Goalkeepers Matter

20 hours ago, Ray Von shabba said:

No he didn't.

Ron Springett left for QPR in 1967 and Bolder didn't start playing for us until late 70s if my memory serves me.

Your answer doesn't  make sense. What has Ron Springett leaving for QPR in 1967 got to do with Charlton picking Bolder over Turner? 

It's true that Charlton did pick Bolder over Turner. Turner lost his place and was sold to Sunderland. This was Turner's  first spell with us.

2 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

Your answer doesn't  make sense. What has Ron Springett leaving for QPR in 1967 got to do with Charlton picking Bolder over Turner? 

It's true that Charlton did pick Bolder over Turner. Turner lost his place and was sold to Sunderland. This was Turner's  first spell with us.

Read to complete thread ffs.

The poster I initially replied to said Charlton picked Bolder over Springett.

I pointed out Springett had left 10 years earlier before Bolder played, in fact Charlton was still playing when Springett left.

I never mentioned Turner, this was pointed out by someone else who actually read it correctly and agreed.

On 19/05/2022 at 09:00, Ray Von shabba said:

Read to complete thread ffs.

The poster I initially replied to said Charlton picked Bolder over Springett.

I pointed out Springett had left 10 years earlier before Bolder played, in fact Charlton was still playing when Springett left.

I never mentioned Turner, this was pointed out by someone else who actually read it correctly and agreed.

FFS all you want.You have misunderstood that post. I understood it as Charlton picked Bolder over Turner which is correct. He never actually said Bolder over Springett. Read it carefully again. ' Turner was 5 10 as was Springett' When he replies with 'Charlton picked Bolder over him because of it' he is referring to Bolder over Turner.