Billy Sharp attacked

1 minute ago, Key said:

Is he? I can barely understand what he’s written! Is it some new language or the dreaded ‘footbler’-speak?

In fairness, the reply under JW’s message is no better. Does Twitter just scramble whatever you type, or are many of its users just barely literate?

I think so yeah. Regardless of him not appearing too intelligent. I make him right here. 

Could get charged with wounding and end up in the Crown Court and get serious jail time. Many in the media are saying that a message needs to be sent to fans.

9 minutes ago, darra said:

Could get charged with wounding and end up in the Crown Court and get serious jail time. Many in the media are saying that a message needs to be sent to fans.

He'll get charged with ABH mate.

If he'd broke his cheek, jaw or eye socket its GBH and certainly crown court.

My prediction is 6 month's, released after 6 weeks on licence or tag for the remainder.

6 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

My prediction is 6 month's, released after 6 weeks on licence or tag for the remainder.

And will probably struggle to get a job again, never mind the inevitable slapping he will get from a pig fan. 

Really not worth it. 

12 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

Could do but the fact that Sharp required stitches means it could be wounding. I know from when I worked its a bit of a lottery what they can get charged with.

Should be locked up. An example needs to be made. Not great after what happened with the Forest fan and the Leicester player too.

He could have seriously hurt Sharp. I think stronger penalties are needed for all pitch invaders. 

• Like 1

Substance abuse leading to violent disorder at sporting events is getting out of hand.

You go to a Horse Racing meet at the weekend and the drunk / coked up state of the crowd is ridiculous..always seems to be a mass brawl happening.

Also, God knows what state 200'000 Rangers fans will leave Seville in this weekend. 

22 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Substance abuse leading to violent disorder at sporting events is getting out of hand.

You go to a Horse Racing meet at the weekend and the drunk / coked up state of the crowd is ridiculous..always seems to be a mass brawl happening.

Also, God knows what state 200'000 Rangers fans will leave Seville in this weekend. 

They’re expecting 100k & it’s tonight! 😂 Earth calling…..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

They’re expecting 100k & it’s tonight! 😂 Earth calling…..

sorry yes it's tonight ....and I thought I read 200k somewhere..did seem a lot to be honest ( not that 100k is small either) 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

It's not getting worse at all, it's just never gone away.

It's just documented more now because everyone's got smart phones.

2 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

People need to remember why fences were put up in the first place. 
The authorities and clubs didn’t spend all that money for a laugh. 
I’ll  never forget the cup final a few weeks after Hillsborough demon when scouse fans invaded the pitch. 
We don’t want a return to that. 

And that's the problem...... 

The younger generations have never had to watch matches caged behind steel fences like animals so they don't realise how bad it was.

The 1989 tragedy isn't part of their living memory so they can't relate to it. This scummer that attacked Billy the Pig is 31 so the fences were down before he was even going to games, same for the tramps that ran on the pitch at Crewe.

Sadly I can only see it getting worse.

I'd like a machine gun posted at every corner flag and anyone who runs on the pitch can just be mown down.

But some people will cry about that and start chelping about human rights.

There is simply no place in football for this kind of behaviour. No place in the world for it. I hope this total jebend gets a very long custodial sentence, so that he can reflect on his stupidity.

I also hope that Billy Sharp is okay. He got hit hard and I bet he feels like he's been in a car crash this morning. All he was doing was his job. Does that seriously warrant an unprovoked attack?