Remember going there 75/76 season, March?  lost again 1-0.   

Our fans on the tivoli end getting arrested for little or no reason, the story we heard was the SYP were instructed to stamp out any signs of trouble before it started to prevent a repeat of the trouble at Chesterfield early in the season.

I am as bad as anyone for feeling nostalgic for old football grounds and places like Millmoor did have a bit of grisly charm about them.

But in 2022 for the cost of a ticket people expect a lot better facilities than Millmoor could offer.

Do remember once we did play a reserve game they in the early 90s during the School easter (I think) holidays v Rotherham.

We won 1-0 with a late goal and about 6 fo us ran on the pitch, happy days when you are only about 14!

Only saw Wednesday play once at Millmoor - it was April 83 and we won 3-0.

Can’t remember much about the game at all TBH, but I do specifically remember turning up at the ground a few days before the game, more in hope than expectation and being able to get  a ticket for one of the terraces down the side of the ground  - no questions asked about who I supported or anything like that.

13 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

He wasn't a new signing though. Francis signed him in 94 after the World Cup. 

Yes you are right, scored on his debut v Tottenham, I couldn’t remember him staying that long, I had the impression he left the same season he signed for some reason 

10 hours ago, pachyderm said:

So that ground is till there and no one uses it? 

How current is the color pic? 

It’s used for Sunday football sometimes, but there is now woodland growth in the stands, there are some videos inside on YouTube from these planks who like to film derelict buildings it’s a mess 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Always thought it would be a good ground for both Rugby clubs/Codes in Rotherham, but the rent is astronomical.

So I am told.

Correct, Rotherham Titans Rugby Union club were going to play there but the rent Booth family was wanting would have put them out of business. 

On 16/05/2022 at 23:01, Big Rons Hairspray said:

The biggest crowd I ever saw there was when our reserves played their fixtures there & Hirsty was on the comeback trail (again)

I cannot remember if this was before or after we saved the bucket shekkers with our generosity.

Anyway, their new ground is nice & they are in a much better place as a club.

In fact I don’t know why they hate us so much, we’ve lined their pockets a few times.

It was the same for Waddles comeback I was there for that it was packed