1 hour ago, Sambo89 said:

Ye, inter toto cup, want it while Hillsborough was getting done up ready for Euro 96? 

My first game was one of them games.

Yes I attended all those, we had signed Petrescu and he scored, I though he was excellent, should have kept him but persisted with Atherton and the bought Nolan who was a right footer at left back 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Yes I attended all those, we had signed Petrescu and he scored, I though he was excellent, should have kept him but persisted with Atherton and the bought Nolan who was a right footer at left back 🤦‍♂️

Too late for Petrescu.

Blondeau, I think.

He was about as good as Beswetherwick!

Played on there after they shut it down.

Ken Booth's son (stadium owner) would organise kickabouts and invited a few of us down for some reason (didn't know him). It was a bit like that film Richie Rich, but instead of a theme park he had a stadium to play jumpers for goal posts in. 

Also watched Wednesday loads of times there. Remember going there to watch that UEFA Intertoto Cup game.

Not sure what they plan to do with it, I've heard a dog track was considered?

The biggest crowd I ever saw there was when our reserves played their fixtures there & Hirsty was on the comeback trail (again)

I cannot remember if this was before or after we saved the bucket shekkers with our generosity.

Anyway, their new ground is nice & they are in a much better place as a club.

In fact I don’t know why they hate us so much, we’ve lined their pockets a few times.

• Like 1

Always remember Lee Bradbury being carried out through the fans after the game on a stretcher. 

Great atmosphere in that ground, we always seemed to do well there. 

Remember when Carbone was banished to the reserved so loads of us rocked up to Millmoor in pre season to watch him

Was there as a 10 year old the same night hms Sheffield got sunk..apparently one of theirs took a dive to earn a pen..kicked off all over place after..as much as I can’t stand blunts light..love them floodlights..reckon millmoor and Boston utd have got highest fllodlights in uk

Remember going for a friendly when we had just signed Waddle , went on their end . A certain ex landlord DB got a nasty neck injury friendly was a understatement !!! Also our Mick Hucknall look a like got nicked . Happy Days

50 minutes ago, lottoowl said:

Remember going for a friendly when we had just signed Waddle , went on their end . A certain ex landlord DB got a nasty neck injury friendly was a understatement !!! Also our Mick Hucknall look a like got nicked . Happy Days

Hahaha we must have been in the same company………. Had a drink with both pre Pompey 2 weeks ago!

3 hours ago, Bulldog said:

1979..ish. We won 2:1 and the low Tivoli wall collapsed.

Memory may be playing tricks but I'm sure the same thing happened against the dark side a few weeks later???

It is, United played them the week before.