My daughter asked for her first season ticket this weekend

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I think (she's looked I haven't yet) that my daughters first season ticket will be £90
That's just amazing value and I'm more than happy to pay £90 for a full season for her

West Brom are doing kids season ticket's for £23, a quid a match, and a lot of people I live near are taking them up on the offer. Won't make much difference to the clubs this season but a decade down the line these kids become the lifeblood of the club. Not in a sacrificial way

• Like 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

IMG_0501.jpeg

So long story short my youngest daughter comes with me occasionally to the matches

This weekend I took her along to the SWFC Legends match 

Only the South Stand was open and the atmosphere was as you'd expect - people having loads of fun but doing it quietly so not really a huge massive football atmosphere

Ozzie Owl and co were doing their stuff down the front of the South Stand, and players were having photos with fans 

We were sat right down the front next to the Czech Republic bench and so she saw how friendly the players were being, having laughs with the crowd, taking photos with the kids her age etc

She didn't have any food or drink and just sat there quietly all game

I kept asking 'Are you ok? Are you having fun?' and she gave a quiet 'yeah' 

Then - amazingly - at the end of the match she said 'I could get a season ticket and go to all the games - what do you think?'

Of all the games to pull her in the SWFC legends charity match did it!

Was such a great day out too

So now I'm in negotiations with her on which stand we should sit in for her very first season ticket!

So pro-tip - take your kids to any of these special fun events that the club does - they really do love it 

if you get her one I’ll report you to the NSPCC…you rotten sod!! 

• Haha 2

I've got a dilemma coming up in 12 months

I'm 65 in October 2023 so I qualify for OAP tickets after that date

Problem is, because my birthday is after the start of the season, I have to pay the full adult price of a season ticket for that season

I've been a season ticket holder since the mid 80's, and I've had the same seat for the last 15 years

I'm retired now through ill health so any saving I can make I've got to seriously take into consideration

I don't think it is fair to have to pay full price for the full season, when more than three quarters of the season I qualify for cheaper tickets

The downside of me giving up my season ticket for a year, and paying on the gate is that my son will have to pay a lot more on the gate than he does for his season ticket

We may take a years break from season tickets and just pick our games, but it's a shame to have to do this

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

West Brom are doing kids season ticket's for £23, a quid a match, and a lot of people I live near are taking them up on the offer. Won't make much difference to the clubs this season but a decade down the line these kids become the lifeblood of the club. Not in a sacrificial way

Are they not the same price on the grandstand for kids season tickets? Thought they were £23 on there and £75 in other areas of the ground. 

3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've got a dilemma coming up in 12 months

I'm 65 in October 2023 so I qualify for OAP tickets after that date

Problem is, because my birthday is after the start of the season, I have to pay the full adult price of a season ticket for that season

I've been a season ticket holder since the mid 80's, and I've had the same seat for the last 15 years

I'm retired now through ill health so any saving I can make I've got to seriously take into consideration

I don't think it is fair to have to pay full price for the full season, when more than three quarters of the season I qualify for cheaper tickets

The downside of me giving up my season ticket for a year, and paying on the gate is that my son will have to pay a lot more on the gate than he does for his season ticket

We may take a years break from season tickets and just pick our games, but it's a shame to have to do this

*cough* changeyourdateofbirthonyouronlineaccount *cough*

lol

• Haha 1