My daughter asked for her first season ticket this weekend

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

IMG_0501.jpeg

So long story short my youngest daughter comes with me occasionally to the matches

This weekend I took her along to the SWFC Legends match 

Only the South Stand was open and the atmosphere was as you'd expect - people having loads of fun but doing it quietly so not really a huge massive football atmosphere

Ozzie Owl and co were doing their stuff down the front of the South Stand, and players were having photos with fans 

We were sat right down the front next to the Czech Republic bench and so she saw how friendly the players were being, having laughs with the crowd, taking photos with the kids her age etc

She didn't have any food or drink and just sat there quietly all game

I kept asking 'Are you ok? Are you having fun?' and she gave a quiet 'yeah' 

Then - amazingly - at the end of the match she said 'I could get a season ticket and go to all the games - what do you think?'

Of all the games to pull her in the SWFC legends charity match did it!

Was such a great day out too

So now I'm in negotiations with her on which stand we should sit in for her very first season ticket!

So pro-tip - take your kids to any of these special fun events that the club does - they really do love it 

You should feel very proud 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

IMG_0501.jpeg

So long story short my youngest daughter comes with me occasionally to the matches

Only the South Stand was open and the atmosphere was as you'd expect - people having loads of fun but doing it quietly so not really a huge massive football atmosphere

Ozzie Owl and co were doing their stuff down the front of the South Stand, and players were having photos with fans 

We were sat right down the front next to the Czech Republic bench and so she saw how friendly the players were being, having laughs with the crowd, taking photos with the kids her age etc

Then - amazingly - at the end of the match she said 'I could get a season ticket and go to all the games - what do you think?'

So now I'm in negotiations with her on which stand we should sit in for her very first season ticket!

So pro-tip - take your kids to any of these special fun events that the club does - they really do love it 

Great stuff mate, my daughter is a bit older and came with me to the Portsmouth and Sunderland games, she has also mentioned a season ticket for next season. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

With this in mind, it is a bit daft that season tickets aren't currently on sale.

For the Portsmouth match we had 3 kids in tow, for the Sunderland match we had 4 (nephews, cousins, lads mates ect.). Kids absolutely loved it with the big crowd, atmosphere, my little girl just enjoyed it because she caught an inflatable Dolphin.

After both matches all were talking about the possibility of getting season tickets, how long before that enthusiasm wears off?

Can't be that difficult, just have a price point for promotion/ relegation, get them on sale ASAP.

And leave it at that price point until the first game of next season, the last thing we need is more phases and price categories!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, musingowl said:

With this in mind, it is a bit daft that season tickets aren't currently on sale.

For the Portsmouth match we had 3 kids in tow, for the Sunderland match we had 4 (nephews, cousins, lads mates ect.). Kids absolutely loved it with the big crowd, atmosphere, my little girl just enjoyed it because she caught an inflatable Dolphin.

After both matches all were talking about the possibility of getting season tickets, how long before that enthusiasm wears off?

So true

Impulse buys are powerful things

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

I took my daughter to her first match years ago. We were in the grandstand.

Di Canio scored in the first minute. She hated the noise and wanted to go home.

I politely told her to shut up and we’ll go home when the match finishes. She’s not been to a match since. Her brother, on the other hand, complete opposite.

• Haha 4

Other businesses offer special deals to first timers and these deals aren't available to existing customers - it's all part of marketing.

We should do great deals to attract those who have never been season ticket holders before as an introductory offer.  This includes to students who are only in Sheffield for college, as well as adults and kids in our region. Have deals for first time pensioners, business owners, families and go to the thousands of companies in and around the city to offer the same deal to their employees and list the companies who take this up in the program at every match. Organize a competition through the media and give away 10 season tickets (in return for the database of those who entered).

The aim has to fill up the ground so that getting nearer the Portsmouth and Sunderland attendances become the norm, and those seats on the lower Leppings Lane end are always full.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

IMG_0501.jpeg

How is she going the react when she realises that is a typo.

SWFC leg-ends.WTF:

10 minutes ago, Daz said:

Other businesses offer special deals to first timers and these deals aren't available to existing customers - it's all part of marketing.

We should do great deals to attract those who have never been season ticket holders before as an introductory offer.  This includes to students who are only in Sheffield for college, as well as adults and kids in our region. Have deals for first time pensioners, business owners, families and go to the thousands of companies in and around the city to offer the same deal to their employees and list the companies who take this up in the program at every match. Organize a competition through the media and give away 10 season tickets (in return for the database of those who entered).

The aim has to fill up the ground so that getting nearer the Portsmouth and Sunderland attendances become the norm, and those seats on the lower Leppings Lane end are always full.

My old gaffer (2 or 3 years ago) was a Forest fan.

He said they had some scheme on where if it were your first match you got a free shirt/ autograph book, chance to be a mascot etc.

I'm not saying we should give everything away for free, but we do seem to do very little to encourage new fans (new generations) to come to Hillsborough, and haven't for some 20 years.

I'll give the club their dues that U11 pricing is affordable enough (£23, £75), though I would roll out the £23 price (only available on the family stand currently) throughout the stadium. You'd make the £50 difference back in sales of Haribo after the first 3 matches.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

IMG_0501.jpeg

Well done to her, hope she enjoys the season to come and we give her plenty to cheer about uto.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Daz said:

We could learn something from our neighbours, looks like a great scheme 

https://www.sufc.co.uk/fans/families-juniors/home-debut-scheme/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

She won't 
Because:

1) He's solid

2) She's not a massive DICKHEADDDDD

lol

What about when she really starts getting into the history of the club and she asks you about the wonderful player Trevor Francis who then became manager? 

What will your response be then?

• Haha 1