Pyro, flares and smoke bombs at SWFC

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I am conflicted by the whole smoke bomb and flares issue. On one hand I really like to see them and think they add a lot of atmosphere. On the other it always seems to be youngsters having fun with them and I for one am sick of youngsters having fun! It’s already much better being young than old so why should young people have even more fun? Fûck em.

Maybe ban smoke bombs for the under 50's

Then put all the over 50's fans in the Lower West stand and distribute smoke bombs - one each on your way in

Sorted

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Then put all the over 50's fans in the Lower West stand and distribute smoke bombs - one each on your way in

Sorted

Now we are talking! Maybe Werthers could team up with the club and do a coupon based offer? Maybe 10 special packets of Werthers gets you a smoke bomb and special fire resistant blanket? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think both are fine

People moaning about mobile phone lights - I just don't get it - it's not hurting anyone or turning anyone into a 'laughing stock' etc
It's just people having fun

More people should have more fun at matches without other fans tutting at them and telling them off for it or attacking them on social media

On one hand we ask why more fans don't come to games, and on the other our fanbase enjoys nothing more than slating the fans that DO want to come occasionally, calling them not proper fans, and slating them if they get their phones out or blow a vuvuzela etc

lol

I think you know perfectly well I’m not slating anyone, although ‘having fun’ with flares must surely give rise to a few safety concerns.  I’m adamant on phones though, once the lights went on I knew we were destined to lose!
:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

I think you know perfectly well I’m not slating anyone, although ‘having fun’ with flares must surely give rise to a few safety concerns.  I’m adamant on phones though, once the lights went on I knew we were destined to lose!
:duntmatter:

I honestly have been chuckling since that match at the number of fans who blamed the phone lights display as the reason we lost and not Carlos or Trevor Francis

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sorted

What about two each so no one can see us when we fall asleep?

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I honestly have been chuckling since that match at the number of fans who blamed the phone lights display as the reason we lost and not Carlos or Trevor Francis

It was so obvious to any genuine student of the game.  Nothing to do with NML and his inability to track back, or Storey’s traffic cone impression, or even Palmer’s total lack of awareness.  The minute those phones came out we were doomed.

I will be doing my bit.  I have some of that clear red-ish tape, that I'll put over my mobile phone light.  Same effect.  A few people vape near me, so that smell of Bakewell Tart will only add to the intensity, it'll be the cherry on top.

Looking forward to intimidating Cheltenham, Forest Green Rovers et al next season.  They'll wish they had never been born.

Welcome to Hillsborough  Hell.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Went to Sparta Prague once and 10 year olds were setting bangers off in the stands. No problems. 

I went to a match in Groningen in 2004 and just before kick off a young girl was led out crying her eyes out because she was nearly hit by a banger.

I like to see them. They definitely add to the atmosphere of the big games but when it’s some idiot chucking them about it’s dangerous.

I watched the display that the Frankfurt fans put on before the second leg against West Ham, and it was brilliant, but at the same time was obviously done properly with co-operation from the club.

Lobbing them on the pitch - NO

Properly organised display - YES 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, g-owls said:

I like to see them. They definitely add to the atmosphere of the big games but when it’s some idiot chucking them about it’s dangerous.

I watched the display that the Frankfurt fans put on before the second leg against West Ham, and it was brilliant, but at the same time was obviously done properly with co-operation from the club.

Lobbing them on the pitch - NO

Properly organised display - YES 

Bang on thats how I feell too

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

On 16/05/2022 at 18:02, @owlstalk said:

Chuckling? I’ve been in mourning since last Monday and there won’t be any chuckling in this house until I end the chucking embargo, hopefully at about 9.45 this evening