Pyro, flares and smoke bombs at SWFC

10 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Sell em at mega store??

Not even allowed to take a bloody flag(on a pole)in ground..

See Newcastle have mega flags in ground all game,dont get the restrictions at Hillsborough sometimes,needs sorting...And while I'm at it sort away fans out in lower Lepp and open triangle for bigger games DC,oh and pitch and scoreboard and Presto roof and old new old badge...

UTO...

Really is time to employ a firm of top lawyers to play hardball & legally challenge the outrageous, restraint of trade restrictions inflicted on us by the equally outrageous SAG!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Really is time to employ a firm of top lawyers to play hardball & legally challenge the outrageous, restraint of trade restrictions inflicted on us by the equally outrageous SAG!

The semi-final where the end block of the north wasn't available was annoying

And I think the reasoning is the number of fans leaving/entering the stand at once which for some reason has become a real issue all of a sudden 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The semi-final where the end block of the north wasn't available was annoying

And I think the reasoning is the number of fans leaving/entering the stand at once which for some reason has become a real issue all of a sudden 

The issue mentioned a couple of seasons ago was crowding on the concourse. We’re all a lot fatter than we were in the 60s so it’s now a bit unsafe when all seats are sold and we all up for a pie/pee at HT, apparently. So we have to limit numbers.

Logic would suggest a solution of closing the front or back two rows across the length of the stand rather than one block, but no, SAG think all the fatties tend to the LL end. Or maybe they’re being disingenuous.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

The issue mentioned a couple of seasons ago was crowding on the concourse. We’re all a lot fatter than we were in the 60s so it’s now a bit unsafe when all seats are sold and we all up for a pie/pee at HT, apparently. So we have to limit numbers.

Logic would suggest a solution of closing the front or back two rows across the length of the stand rather than one block, but no, SAG think all the fatties tend to the LL end. Or maybe they’re being disingenuous.

Yeah it's convenient it's that end of the North that they close when you think about it isn't it!

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Gotta say we are seeing this more and more in football now and it always looks fantastic when done properly 

Obviously not when a lone lad just chucks a smoke bomb onto the side of the pitch, but when it’s done big time and they light up the stands and the (blue obvs) smoke is bellowing then it’s genuinely fantastic to see

Football isn’t going to get rid of it either 

Im not condoning or promoting this or suggesting anyone does it - it’s against the stadium rules and probably the law too

BUT 

So why don’t SWFC monetise it and start selling them in the megastore?

I think you've answered your own question there.

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Gotta say we are seeing this more and more in football now and it always looks fantastic when done properly 

Obviously not when a lone lad just chucks a smoke bomb onto the side of the pitch, but when it’s done big time and they light up the stands and the (blue obvs) smoke is bellowing then it’s genuinely fantastic to see

Im not condoning or promoting this or suggesting anyone does it - it’s against the stadium rules and probably the law too

BUT 

It's is against the law. If you have one and a ticket to the game you will be arrested and charged

10 hours ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

Cause havoc on't chest if you've got baby lungs like me.

Absolutely this, I'm coughing my guts up and reaching for my asthma rescue inhaler if I'm anywhere near a smoke bomb.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah it's convenient it's that end of the North that they close when you think about it isn't it!

Not only that mate, it’s the sheer hypocrisy of the same SAG who allows exit without restriction for both sets of fans on to Bramall Lane from a stand with an inferior concourse….. It’s double standards & needs to be challenged legally!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, casbahowl said:

Not only that mate, it’s the sheer hypocrisy of the same SAG who allows exit without restriction for both sets of fans on to Bramall Lane from a stand with an inferior concourse….. It’s double standards & needs to be challenged legally!

It would be interesting to form a small group of fans who want this challenged and meet with them to discuss stuff and see where they are coming from and then if it isn't satisfactory then challenge them legally

I reckon that first meeting would be really interesting and shine a light on where they're coming from

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

BUT 

No fire certificate 😄

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Anyone remember the game away at Leicester where the two sets of fans were throwing them at each other, whilst lit. 

That was fun to be in the crowd with your seven year old daughter.

They also stink to high heaven and are quite acrid if one is let off close to you. Imagine a whole stand of that.

Yep. Just missed us. We were right at the side of the Leicester fans.

4 hours ago, casbahowl said:

It suddenly became acceptable to the BBC when those loveable, cheeky scousers set absolutely loads off at Wembley……..

commentator:- “Liverpool fans …… as spectacular as ever”!

The media and other pearl clutchers out there can't decide if they like them or not. They've always been associated with some of the "nobody likes to see scenes like this" (when everybody clearly does), yet they're always part of the atmosphere whenever anyone points to European crowd displays looking so amazing.

There is a fight back against the sterilisation of the English game and I'm all for it. There's been a lot of talk on here recently about the future of Hillsborough and our home atmosphere. It's about time we started using our stadium's now quite unique design and construction to our advantage. Tottenham made a single tier "kop end" one of the selling points of one of the best stadiums in the world on the basis of atmosphere and fan experience, and we've got one already that we don't utilise enough.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

Never have I been to a match and thought the atmosphere was enhanced by flares.  Having said that, it’s probably a step up from lights on mobile phones, which is lame beyond words.

I think both are fine

People moaning about mobile phone lights - I just don't get it - it's not hurting anyone or turning anyone into a 'laughing stock' etc
It's just people having fun

More people should have more fun at matches without other fans tutting at them and telling them off for it or attacking them on social media

On one hand we ask why more fans don't come to games, and on the other our fanbase enjoys nothing more than slating the fans that DO want to come occasionally, calling them not proper fans, and slating them if they get their phones out or blow a vuvuzela etc

lol

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

I am conflicted by the whole smoke bomb and flares issue. On one hand I really like to see them and think they add a lot of atmosphere. On the other it always seems to be youngsters having fun with them and I for one am sick of youngsters having fun! It’s already much better being young than old so why should young people have even more fun? Fûck em.

• Haha 3