Stockport County

46 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

York City are in the National League North play-off final as well. Similar to Stockport, a team that absolutely should not be that low down and hopefully gets back into the EFL soon.

Yeah. They are playing Boston. Another club who have played league football, albeit for a far shorter period. 

4 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Worst season I've known us to have. I thought we'd ******** the league competing against the likes of Chesterfield, Rushden ect.

Remember coming out of Kenilworth Rd (after navigating through somebodys bathroom...) and feeling the relief that after we had let a 2 goal lead slip to lose 3-2 (take a bow Chris Carr) when hearing that Rushden and Diamonds had lost meaning we were safe from relegation...

11 minutes ago, scram said:

Remember coming out of Kenilworth Rd (after navigating through somebodys bathroom...) and feeling the relief that after we had let a 2 goal lead slip to lose 3-2 (take a bow Chris Carr) when hearing that Rushden and Diamonds had lost meaning we were safe from relegation...

I went to that game myself, remember Jon Shaw and I'm certain, Terry Cooke, scored our goals. As you say we collapsed at half time, I think Steve Howard scored one of the goals for Luton.

One of the worst grounds I've been too Kenilworth Road, remember thinking why am I walking through somebodies back garden to get into the stand.

4 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Worst season I've known us to have. I thought we'd ******** the league competing against the likes of Chesterfield, Rushden ect.

That home game against Rushden.  Shithousery at its finest - they were timewasting in the warm up.  Us aside, they were the worst team I’d ever seen and hoped they go bust.  Pretty sure they did?

Not much between the 5th and 4th tier, which is why you see some teams immediately compete at the top of league 2 when they come into the league.

No difference with attendances and player budgets ...Wrexham signed John Mullin from Cambridge , with the player obviously earning more in the National League than in league one..

23 hours ago, g-owls said:

The worst moment that season for me was on the final day. 

About 8000 QPR fans turn up to see them batter us on their way to promotion. 

What an awful season that was. Crap shirt, crap chairman, crap players.

Sounds like last season

I've mentioned before, County are my second club. Used to be a few of us go watch them on a Friday night from Whaley Bridge, before watching our own teams on the Saturday.

Had some cracking nights out.

They've certainly spent big to come up... and been pretty ruthless in changing management and playing staff when needed. Something I think they'll continue to do.

Can see them going straight up again.

Really chuffed for them.