Stockport County

Back in the Football League after slipping as low as National League North.

Halifax v Chesterfield

Notts County v Grimsby 

Wrexham v Notts County / Grimsby

Solihull v Halifax / Chesterfield

Wrexham the obvious favourites to win the play-offs, but Solihull aside, that line up looks like the old Division Four.

Edited by g-owls
  • Like 1

Good on 'em, I do like to see the traditional former league clubs (i.e. a club from what was the regular 92 before the auto relegation to non league started) back into the league, I hope Notts County join them.

However, according to the BBC report, Stockport are "a sleeping giant".

Stockport lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In the play offs I will 100% be behind Wrexham. Interesting seeing all these new fans appear after the Hollywood takeover, but I have some great memories of watching them over the years, so wish them all the best. They had a bloke turn up once with a drum, everyone slated him so he ended up sitting on his own in a different stand. I often wondered why he kept coming week after week just to sit on his own and get verbal abuse every time he banged his drum. 

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Good on 'em, I do like to see the traditional former league clubs (i.e. a club from what was the regular 92 before the auto relegation to non league started) back into the league, I hope Notts County join them.

However, according to the BBC report, Stockport are "a sleeping giant".

Stockport lol

To be fair people probably feel the same about us when the media or commentators refer to us as a sleeping giant.

I hope Notts County join them but I can’t see it.

As I live just north of the city, it’s pretty much all Forest round here so I’ve always preferred County. I feel a bit sorry for them in a way. They’ve always been the smaller club in the city but still have a passionate fan base.

I’m off to the game against Grimsby at Meadow Lane. It could well get tasty on and off the pitch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, REDOWL said:

v Stockport County 13 September 2003

IMG_20220515_201640 (335x500).jpg

IMG_20220515_201737 (331x500).jpg

I had that home shirt, the strangely thick material the sponsorship logo was on was horrid. 

Pretty sure that was the game where Owen Morrison got loads of abuse and was awful.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, g-owls said:

I hope Notts County join them but I can’t see it.

As I live just north of the city, it’s pretty much all Forest round here so I’ve always preferred County. I feel a bit sorry for them in a way. They’ve always been the smaller club in the city but still have a passionate fan base.

I’m off to the game against Grimsby at Meadow Lane. It could well get tasty on and off the pitch. 

I hope the cod heads don’t forget their away kit or else! 

7 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Worst season I've known us to have. I thought we'd ******** the league competing against the likes of Chesterfield, Rushden ect.

Morning mate. we had several disappointments that season such as losing away at Chesterfield and at home to other sides we clearly should have beaten. For whatever reason Chris Turner wasn't the man who was going to turn us round and give us any success.

The worst moment that season for me was on the final day. 

About 8000 QPR fans turn up to see them batter us on their way to promotion. 

What an awful season that was. Crap shirt, crap chairman, crap players.

• Like 1