Is the Championship all that ?

First of all we have fans saying 4th place in the third tier is a good result, now we are saying we don’t want to play a higher standard of football because we will lose more games. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

First of all we have fans saying 4th place in the third tier is a good result, now we are saying we don’t want to play a higher standard of football because we will lose more games. 

crazy isn’t it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Doesn’t even require an explanation, but for a kick off, I think as a football fan if you’re willing to cap your expectations that low (relative to the club you support) then you might as well pack in and find something else to do.

Personally I don't see it that way.

You might say I have low expectations but I've really enjoyed this season.

Wheras I see lots of threads from people with high expectations moaning and complaining and getting angry. To me it doesn't look like those people are having fun, or getting much from the experience of following Wednesday.

If I felt the same way I'd probably find something else to do with my time. 

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Keep reading how DM has failed because we didn’t get promoted. How this year was our best chance to get out of this Division or we must get out next year. 
I’ve been watching Wednesday since 1979 and have been blessed to see Sgt Wilkos side in the 80s and witnessed the relative success of the 90s and our sortie into Europe. 
However, in this millennium , my favourite seasons have been “mind the gap” , Carlos1 , this season, CarlosI2 and Sturrockos season. 
i enjoy watching us win more than we lose and play exciting attacking football. I also enjoy visiting the new and quirky grounds. Can’t wait to see Forest Greens vegan bamboo palace. 
in the main I haven’t enjoyed the Championship, being mediocre, having nothing to play for, overspending on rank average players , constantly facing financial ruin, umbongos etc. 

I don’t believe we have the finances, structure or infrastructure to be.a Prem team again in my lifetime and would rather enjoy a season like last year than endure one like the season before. 

What do people think? (Reaches for tin hat) 

I'm with you. Enjoyed this season more than any other for quite a while.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

crazy isn’t it. 

Madness

As one poster above said it won’t be long before we are happy with getting a point at the likes of forest green or Fleetwood.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

You're saying lets give up on ambition cos it's tough?

Maybe the players should crack open the picnic blanket on the pitch every Saturday.

Glad you're not a sports psychologist.

Maybe set our targets the same as Accrington or Cambridge..?

Realistically our targets should be closer to those 2 than about half the teams in the EPL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm lucky enough to have seen us in the early 90's, going to ground like Old Trafford, Anfield, Highbury etc. and not only competing, but winning, getting to cup finals, playing in Europe. 

Unfortunately,  I just don't see them days ever returning, there's just too much money at the top. Leicester winning was a massive one off, won't happen again for another 20 years, you have to go back to Blackburn in 95 the last time one of the top 6 didn't win the league, and even then they spent massively.

So we're left with either being a mid table prem team at best, getting the odd win against the big boys, which will be awesome at the time, but not actually achieving anything, maybe challenging for the odd cup or flirting with a European spot. Or we could be a Norwich, no aspirations, just happy to go up, lose pretty much every week and go back down but bank lots of money, personally don't see the point in that.

Wednesday being back in the prem would be awesome at first but the enjoyment would wear off after a while when we're losing more than we're winning. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Makes you wonder what jobs and birds these people have with such loser attitudes doesn’t it, they must be in a right state 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Makes you wonder what jobs and birds these people have with such loser attitudes doesn’t it, they must be in a right state 

My wife is to be fair

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

For me it's the other way round.  I always wonder, what jobs or live those people have, who put all their ambitions on a football team.

Football is for me something to enjoy (and to suffer), the real live is where I have my ambition. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

For me it's the other way round.  I always wonder, what jobs or live those people have, who put all their ambitions on a football team.

Football is for me something to enjoy (and to suffer), the real live is where I have my ambition. 

What is your ambition?

I said when we got relegated I quite like league 1 for a couple of seasons.

Something different, new grounds etc. but with Chansiri at the helm we don’t want to spend too long down here because another points deduction could be very possible. 

• Like 1

I get where you're coming from, though I think it's more valid when referring to the Premier League, which I've all but completely lost interest in.

The Championship was probably more fun a few years ago but it's still a really entertaining league to be in, plus it doesn't feel half as degrading as League One.

• Like 3