2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

After seeing Alan Nixon’s Wednesday story on his Patreon, which you can subscribe to for a couple of a quid a month by clicking here, I knew that the line on Amadeu Paixao would cause a stir on #SWFC and beyond. So, as Amadeu was my chosen topic on Mastermind, I thought I would attempt to calm the nerves.

Last season, if you attended Wednesday games, you will have noticed that Amadeu wasn’t present most of the time. And, from what I understand, the reason for this is that in his role as a freelance football consultant, he’s been elsewhere, primarily in Europe. But, that doesn’t mean he wasn’t on hand to assist SWFC if required.

Recruitment is massive in football, as everyone knows. And, you’re not every signing will be a hit. You’re aiming to get more right than you do wrong. But, how can you really know how a player will do until he’s in the door, training and playing? Who would have thought things wouldn’t have worked out for Lewis Wing at Wednesday, for example?

Personally, I feel Wednesday recruited well in the main last season. We brought players into the building who have Championship level experience under their belts, and some will more than hold their own in the league above. Again, my understanding is that the recruitment was led by Darren Moore and the in-house team, which includes David Downes.

If you know me and have read any of my previous articles, you know that I’d be telling you if there was a reason to be concerned about Amadeu. Neutrals in the football world have told me that he can be more of a help than a hindrance because of his contacts and the working relationships he has with clubs such as Chelsea and Wolves.

I think we did some good work last season, especially as we could only bring frees and loans. The blueprint is there, and while we may tweak things slightly, letting Darren lead the charge once again with those in the building is, and will be, the way to go. But, if Amadeu has the contacts and can connect us to clubs, whether it’s to secure a loan deal or whatever, then so be it.

I’d be the first to lose my head if I thought there was an issue here, but I assure you there isn’t. And, let’s face it, it’s League One. We won’t be chucking millions about on fees. And, because of the work we did last summer, we’re not going to be adding as many this time round.

I support Sheffield Wednesday FC  not Paxo

Seems you are of the opposing view 

Owlstalk Shop

DM seems to have found his way a bit after a rusty start to the season and most fans are reasonably happy where we finished up considering the state we were in 12 months ago. I genuinely thought we might go bust. So, who recruited DM because that wasn’t the worst signing we’ve made here ?
I don’t know, but I’m prepared to give the whole set up down there another chance to get things right and hopefully, they’ve learnt their lesson and keep the right side of the EFL. With a couple of useful signings we can be out if this division next year.

2 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Yes. 

Paixao also signed Dom Iorfa, Pelupessy and Andre Greene

You don’t know that. John told you in a pub. John got it from Derek. Derek made it up. You’ve fallen for the 3 card trick.

Paxaio is the Lee Harvey Oswald of Sheffield Wednesday. Cubans, the Mob, lone gunman, take your pick. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vulva said:

You don’t know that. John told you in a pub. John got it from Derek. Derek made it up. You’ve fallen for the 3 card trick.

Paxaio is the Lee Harvey Oswald of Sheffield Wednesday. Cubans, the Mob, lone gunman, take your pick. 

Think about it - of course he knows all this...he's Tony Pulis.

Just out of interest what did paxo actually advise on

we know chansiri said he was an advisor but did we know on what he was actually advising on?

it seems to be an assumption it’s to do with transfers ( it might be ) but where has this come from, I’ve never heard of anyone say or link paco to a signing or the negotiations apart from owlstalk ( granted I’m probably wrong as it seems that what he does ) 

but for all I know he could be a commercial advisor advising of ticket prices, marketing, structure, social media, ground development, 

I could probs to find out my own answers by googling tbf 

20 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Do any of you actually go to Hillsborough? He was sat in the directors box every game last season.

I don't ever look at the director's box, to be honest with you. 

After the Sunderland game was the first time I'd noticed him in his old haunt beneath the South Stand this season.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't ever look at the director's box, to be honest with you. 

After the Sunderland game was the first time I'd noticed him in his old haunt beneath the South Stand this season.

I sit just behind it.  He’s impossible to miss.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dfoster said:

No. My understanding is he is represents the club at games and deals with gripes that are outside the manager's remit.

I think he was v ill with covid which is why he left. 

So basically a player liaison  who represents the club at games and deals with gripes that are outside the manager's remit.

That’s cleared that up then

Also it’s not a question of whether he’s evil  or not. You can’t just write off the man’s long association with a very toxic group

2 hours ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

So basically a player liaison  who represents the club at games and deals with gripes that are outside the manager's remit.

That’s cleared that up then

Also it’s not a question of whether he’s evil  or not. You can’t just write off the man’s long association with a very toxic group

What do you mean?

9 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Yes. 

Paixao also signed Dom Iorfa, Pelupessy and Andre Greene

To be fair, we DID get a six figure sum for Greene. Not bad to say we got him on a free. 

Also, I thought Iorfa was a Bruce signing?