Darren in or out?

For me you can make a solid argument for either case.

Obviously he'll stay. Our situation is such that we will almost certainly have a sizeable batch of new recruits next season and I'll be looking for him getting them firing faster. Has to be top two finish next season IMO, the playoff's are too much of a lottery. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

What exactly do you mean with "tinkered"?

So you would support Moore, if he had played Kamberi instead of Windass? Did I get that right?

🤔

It wasn't Windass who was the issue, it's how he was used.

We put on a fast player who loves running at people and is a constant threat, then sent him off pressing and chasing down balls all over the pitch and left the not fast player who hates running at people on the last man.

The counter to the press is the long ball or the threat of the long ball.

We have no long ball threat, Windass should have been on the last man with the other striker pressing.

7 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Here's the thing, they didn't tire.

They took a couple of their best players off and stepped off a bit probably to save legs for the next leg. But they still had plenty in the tank.

With the introduction of Windass to move them about, we started to get on top.

But at no point were they under pressure.

Not sustained pressure where it was chance after chance, no.

But we started to get our midfield on the ball and have more possession in attacking areas, and as we well know, Bannan is capable of creating a chance in the blink of an eye.

We'd already stabilised and got our midfield into the game by the time Sunderland made their changes.

Guest FoxOwl12

FFS!! He put a decent team together with one hand tied behind his back because of transfer restrictions. Please don't give the Moore and Chansiri  haters another platform to spout their utter sh*te.

12 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Not sustained pressure where it was chance after chance, no.

But we started to get our midfield on the ball and have more possession in attacking areas, and as we well know, Bannan is capable of creating a chance in the blink of an eye.

We'd already stabilised and got our midfield into the game by the time Sunderland made their changes.

Which is the issue.

Once they pressed, our gameplan consisted of Bannan magic.

We've been flattered by results in the run up, mainly due to set pieces and players pulling off something special.

Moore knows the issue, he keeps trying to mitigate it with NML and Windass up front. That's what the tinkering is.

But that's all it is, tinkering round the edges.

V these teams he needs to change either Gregory or Gregory's role, to a more mobile pressing role and leave the last man to someone who can at least threaten to get in behind,but he's unwilling or unable to do that.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tewkesbury said:

Which is the issue.

Once they pressed, our gameplan consisted of Bannan magic.

We've been flattered by results in the run up, mainly due to set pieces and players pulling off something special.

Moore knows the issue, he keeps trying to mitigate it with NML and Windass up front. That's what the tinkering is.

But that's all it is, tinkering round the edges.

V these teams he needs to change either Gregory or Gregory's role, to a more mobile pressing role and leave the last man to someone who can at least threaten to get in behind,but he's unwilling or unable to do that.

Ah, I see.

I should've known it would all come back to Gregory somehow.

🙄

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Ah, I see.

I should've known it would all come back to Gregory somehow.

🙄

No, as I said, it's how he's used.

That's our issue.

He 'tinkers' with every player but him, and people wonder why we still have the same issues. 

Issues that magically disappeared when he was out.

I've gone into the why's and wherefores before  so I won't bother.

But we have the same problems offensively we had last year, they've just been masked by a couple of big wins and 10 set piece goals in 12 games. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Pointless thread , he`s staying.........................he will get the chance to pick up where he left off , but I don`t think he will survive if the first half of next season mirrors the first half of the last one.

I actually agree that if the first half of next season mirrors last seasons first half DM will be gone. I think there will be an expectation of top two at Christmas and top two at the end of this season. Luckily for DM all he needs to do is replicate the team’s performance from the final two thirds of the season and we are up! Easy peasy!

• Like 1

Just now, CircleSeven said:

I actually agree that if the first half of next season mirrors last seasons first half DM will be gone. I think there will be an expectation of top two at Christmas and top two at the end of this season. Luckily for DM all he needs to do is replicate the team’s performance from the final two thirds of the season and we are up! Easy peasy!

Easy peasy as long as we can keep enough players and structure to continue our run. 

Just now, GermanBird said:

Easy peasy as long as we can keep enough players and structure to continue our run. 

I think we will. I think we will keep the players was want, bring in some good new additions and storm the division next year! 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I think we will. I think we will keep the players was want, bring in some good new additions and storm the division next year! 

I hope you are right 👍😀. In that case, it's really easy peasy and you are 100 % correct with your statement:

image.png.c9ae492889276337c4d7e81a79e6a437.png

Out.

Do i believe we will get promoted next year under him ? No i dont so he has to go.

My reasons are this, he has done a good job off the field and made progress there, and squad wise he has brought some good players to the club. These i understand are all reasons to keep him and there is the argument that continuity is the key. But he has shown he wont change his chop and change approach, his adapting to the opposition rather than us concentrating on us doing what we do. He should IMO have won the league with the squad he has this season. He could be in the same position again next year with a squad capable of winning the league, will we be ruthless and take it.... i dont believe we will with Moore in charge.

Turner built a good squad in this league, but if we hadnt have appointed Sturrock we wouldnt have gone up.

Megson turned the club around off field, but if we hadnt appointed Jones we wouldnt have gone up.

Moore has turned us round off field and build a good squad, but unless we appoint a positive ruthless manager i cant see us going up.

Case and point at the end of January we had our injury crisis which meant he was forced to play the same 11 week in week out, we were at that point at our best. Players came back and he reverted to type.... that is why we wont succeed with him in charge and he should be replaced.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ashley8 said:

Out or waste next season. Don't be confused. He kept us down with his mistakes. Another season in this crap league of embarrassing games against minnows. 

I agree,I think he made a mistake too,when he took Bannan off in 60 odd mins.

But,I think a few players made bigger mistakes which lost us alot more points,even Hutch in 1st leg bad mistake.

Without them mistakes then we would have finished in Autos....Thats football tho m8,fine lines...

So do we get rid of all players and manager for them costly mistakes or take it on chin and learn from it.

I bet Moore dosent take Bannan off again in 60 mins unless we are 3 up....

UTO

10 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Out.

Do i believe we will get promoted next year under him ? No i dont so he has to go.

My reasons are this, he has done a good job off the field and made progress there, and squad wise he has brought some good players to the club. These i understand are all reasons to keep him and there is the argument that continuity is the key. But he has shown he wont change his chop and change approach, his adapting to the opposition rather than us concentrating on us doing what we do. He should IMO have won the league with the squad he has this season. He could be in the same position again next year with a squad capable of winning the league, will we be ruthless and take it.... i dont believe we will with Moore in charge.

Turner built a good squad in this league, but if we hadnt have appointed Sturrock we wouldnt have gone up.

Megson turned the club around off field, but if we hadnt appointed Jones we wouldnt have gone up.

Moore has turned us round off field and build a good squad, but unless we appoint a positive ruthless manager i cant see us going up.

Case and point at the end of January we had our injury crisis which meant he was forced to play the same 11 week in week out, we were at that point at our best. Players came back and he reverted to type.... that is why we wont succeed with him in charge and he should be replaced.

Some fair points there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop