Darren in or out?

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, ashley8 said:

Out or waste next season. Don't be confused. He kept us down with his mistakes. Another season in this crap league of embarrassing games against minnows. 

I agree

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If Moore is staying (And he absolutely IS) wouldn't we be better off as a club if his weird haters just let him have a season without moaning about him being our manager?

It's not Moore holding this club back - it's all those on the Moore Hate Bandwagon 

So it’s the fans fault we are playing in L1?

• Love 1

Not convinced by him, tactically not good enough and needs to be a bit more streetwise especially in this s.hithouse league.

Nice bloke though and seems to attract players that wouldn’t be playing down here… I’m fully expecting to see him here next season but wouldn’t lose sleep if he was replaced. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've been vocal against him in the first half of the season

I even said if we didn't go up then he should go

But our record since January has been very good

I'm now of the belief that we shouldn't rip up everything that was built in the second half of last season

Moore should be given the chance to add to continue what he started

It's promotion or bust, we need to get off to a good start and see it through

Moore in for me

I want us to start the season as we finished the past six months. I am a little wary because of how we have started probably the past 22 seasons.  I hope our owner can see our improvement and back the manager early in the transfer window. I also respect the fact that the past two years have gutted everybody’s finances including our owner. I hope that Darren realises our weaknesses and builds upon the past five months quickly. I still love my club and always will as will my son and grandchildren. I hope to see us back in the premiership. Strangely after losing a bit of faith in Darren early this season I think with backing he can take us back where we belong. 
So in short I am saying keep the faith with Darren. I would love Stuart Gray in his team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

IN for me but yes this has been an issue that cost us this season.

I can see a way in which we can possibly do it next season, but we'll have to be much better at defending.

If you can't beat the stiflers/sh*thousers, then you've got to make it count when you're playing the rest.

We need to get someone in to deal with the defensive side of things.

Some will say he nearly got us promotion, I believe  his negativity cost us promotion. We went into the play-offs with one of the best attacking records since the start of the year, yet DM adopts a negative approach in the away leg. Poor and exactly where Carlos went wrong against Huddersfield.

On the credit side the team has improved, the number of shots has increased, there is more variation with corners, yet when the crunch matches came Moore fell back on defensive tactics and yet again gave the opposition too much respect. 

Should he stay? Maybe he should be given the first ten matches but I expect DC to give him longer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly we missed out because he tinkered too much....I believe starting with Windass in the home leg  ( most fans wanted it) was a massive error of judgement...he offered nothing.....impact sub possibly but Berahino or even Kamberi may have been more effective

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Some will say he nearly got us promotion, I believe  his negativity cost us promotion. We went into the play-offs with one of the best attacking records since the start of the year, yet DM adopts a negative approach in the away leg. Poor and exactly where Carlos went wrong against Huddersfield.

On the credit side the team has improved, the number of shots has increased, there is more variation with corners, yet when the crunch matches came Moore fell back on defensive tactics and yet again gave the opposition too much respect. 

Should he stay? Maybe he should be given the first ten matches but I expect DC to give him longer. 

See, I don't believe that we had negative tactics for the playoffs.

AN specifically said numerous times that he didn't put out his best side, he put one out to beat us. The Sunderland forums were full of 'why pick him, he's not a proper footballer'. Even before the second game, the interviewers were asking why players had been left out, his response? 'From studying Wednesday, these are still the players who will counter them best'

He traded his footballers for workers and nullified us completely,and we had no answers.

Hence the long balls and the introduction of Windass and NML to try and open it up.

We went for skill, they went for work.

Hard work beats skill every time.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I don't think our approach at the Stadium Of Light was intended to be negative; it's just that Sunderland put so much effort and energy into closing us down, stifling our midfield, and preventing our wingbacks getting forward, that it knocked us off our stride.

Then that horrible mistake from Hutchinson led to an onslaught in the first 20 minutes or so of the second half, where we had little choice but to weather the storm.

Once they tired, we got on top and our usual passing game started to reappear, but without creating much in the way of gilt-edged chances, as Sunderland sat in a bit more.

There are always two teams involved in any game of football, and we have to credit Sunderland for the effort they put in to that game - rather than us deciding to play negatively, their play prevented us being able to find our usual attacking pathways and rhythm for more than an hour.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Sadly we missed out because he tinkered too much....I believe starting with Windass in the home leg  ( most fans wanted it) was a massive error of judgement...he offered nothing.....impact sub possibly but Berahino or even Kamberi may have been more effective

What exactly do you mean with "tinkered"?

So you would support Moore, if he had played Kamberi instead of Windass? Did I get that right?

🤔

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Once they tired, we got on top and our usual passing game started to reappear, but without creating much in the way of gilt-edged chances, as Sunderland sat in a bit more.

Here's the thing, they didn't tire.

They took a couple of their best players off and stepped off a bit probably to save legs for the next leg. But they still had plenty in the tank.

With the introduction of Windass to move them about, we started to get on top.

But at no point were they under pressure.

12 hours ago, ashley8 said:

The huge amount of games we drew or lost because of his player choices both changing constantly and out of position.  The playing based on other teams so we don't get out own patten of play. The fact these things mdnt we didn't gel at all until in to January. The fact we have been clueless in so many games players with blank faces not knowing where to pass. The fact our defending has been pathetic ALL season. 

All too true, keep him and another season of the same, only worse this time because some of our better players will be gone.