Darren in or out?

If Moore is staying (And he absolutely IS) wouldn't we be better off as a club if his weird haters just let him have a season without moaning about him being our manager?

It's not Moore holding this club back - it's all those on the Moore Hate Bandwagon 

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

Darren nearly turned things around but ultimately failed

I wanted him gone ages ago but he almost convinced me he was good enough and that’s to his credit

If we have a budget next season I’d try somebody else because when it came to the playoffs I was only confident in the fact that we’d be outclassed in the dugout and that’s the problem

Even with the biggest budget when it comes to a battle of whits we’ll end up staying in league one with our Darren in charge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, scram said:

In

Can't believe this is even a debate

The binary nature of football dictates that is somebody doesn't succeed then they've failed - no depth or context

We finished the season as one of the form teams and to just hit reboot now doesn't make sense to me

It feels like some who want him out see it as a form of punishment rather than a rational decision as to how to progress next season.

Okay, we fell short in the playoffs, but we've been the form team in the division since before bonfire night - if we want a manager who can get a tune out of this squad, then sacking the bloke who's been doing so for the past seven months seems an odd way of going about it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Absolutely needs to stay for at least the first 10 games or so. Look at the players he recruited last season because of his contacts in the game and the fact players want to play for him. I do still have concerns over his tactics, player selection and game management though. If we’re not there or thereabouts after 10 games, then we may need to look for a replacement. We must go up this season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scram said:

In

Can't believe this is even a debate

The binary nature of football dictates that is somebody doesn't succeed then they've failed - no depth or context

We finished the season as one of the form teams and to just hit reboot now doesn't make sense to me

Bang on

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Out for me, but it's a futile debate because he's staying.

Far from "hating" Darren Moore, I like the bloke.

I think his recruitment was really good, and the toxic atmosphere previously at the club has now been dispersed.

It's far from all bad.

But his inability to play against teams which close us down and/or shithouse will ultimately be his undoing, and ours.

Expect even more of the same tactics employed against us next season, as other teams emulate Alex Neil, with things finally coming to a head in the New Year and another season wasted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

In. 

We have some positive upward momentum at the club for only the second time in a decade. 

Why on earth would we change? 

And as has been thrashed out on dozens of threads, who the fxck replaces him?

Business continuity and stability is the foundation of success.

By the way, it's an in from me for at least 12 mths, none of this see where are we after 10 games or Christmas. Quite a few have said they wanted DM out last November/December but are glad we stuck with him. Good on you for admitting that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ashley8 said:

Out or waste next season. Don't be confused. He kept us down with his mistakes. Another season in this crap league of embarrassing games against minnows. 

I can see why you say this, and I don’t necessarily disagree, but his mistakes were in the first 1/3 of the season, and he pretty much nailed the last 2/3.

So, provided he sticks to his 352 and style we should threaten an auto spot.

If he tries to be clever and find a new system we might well waste another season.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1

In. No brainer, the job is only half done and who's to know what's his plan is and I'd wouldn't't be a bit surprised if we were ahead of his plan. Barring a catastrophe, he'll be here at least another 2 years absolute minimum. The boom and bust days are well and truly over and people better get used to it. Stability and sustainability is what were going to see from now on. The laying of firm foundations.

Guest Musttryharder
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

If Moore is staying (And he absolutely IS) wouldn't we be better off as a club if his weird haters just let him have a season without moaning about him being our manager?

It's not Moore holding this club back - it's all those on the Moore Hate Bandwagon 

Wow, bold statement. But then there not uncommon coming from you. Folk are entitled to voice ther opinions on a FOOTBALL FORUM but because it doesnt fit with the resident high posting posters they are weird haters and holding the club back. Wow just Fuucking wow. Who is this Moore Hater Bandwagon. Sounds like something akin to the KluKluxKlan. I contribute a sunstantial amount of money into this club and that gives me a right to voice my opinion, apologies if it doesnt fit your stance. So the moaners are Moore haters. Utter shiite.

27 minutes ago, Musttryharder said:

Wow, bold statement. But then there not uncommon coming from you. Folk are entitled to voice ther opinions on a FOOTBALL FORUM but because it doesnt fit with the resident high posting posters they are weird haters and holding the club back. Wow just Fuucking wow. Who is this Moore Hater Bandwagon. Sounds like something akin to the KluKluxKlan. I contribute a sunstantial amount of money into this club and that gives me a right to voice my opinion, apologies if it doesnt fit your stance. So the moaners are Moore haters. Utter shiite.

Spot on pal but get ready cus haterz gonna hate