Darren in or out?

seen this debate going round quite a bit recently and personally I’m Darren to stay I feel like if we sack Darren the team will lose momentum like we have seen in the past after Carlos left. Although arguably he hasn’t met his target there is still a team there. problem is some days they don’t turn up (hence us dropping points in games we should be winning). If Darren can work on this and try and improve the players mindset on the pitch (seeing out the full 90) I feel like we could have a real chance at promotion next season because ability wise we are one of the best teams in league one.

opinions below as usual,

change my mind

Edited by Joe.swfc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've been vocal against him in the first half of the season

I even said if we didn't go up then he should go

But our record since January has been very good

I'm now of the belief that we shouldn't rip up everything that was built in the second half of last season

Moore should be given the chance to add to continue what he started

It's promotion or bust, we need to get off to a good start and see it through

Moore in for me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Defo In for me. Be rude not to give him the chance after our great second half of the season. Hope DC backs him and we get the squad put together quick as possible so we can get them settled and fit. 

• Like 2

I think that many people are used to absolute carnage at this club now that they actually expect us to have a manager change this summer,  or have a 20player turn over transfer window 

It’s simply got to stop, stability is what we need , keep the core of this group together and with a few smart additions  I’m confident DM can get us promoted next season 

The clubs not fixed, and we’ve a long way to go , but we’ve come too far forward to go all the way back 

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Which mistakes kept us down?

The huge amount of games we drew or lost because of his player choices both changing constantly and out of position.  The playing based on other teams so we don't get out own patten of play. The fact these things mdnt we didn't gel at all until in to January. The fact we have been clueless in so many games players with blank faces not knowing where to pass. The fact our defending has been pathetic ALL season. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Which mistakes kept us down?

Does it matter? It's easy to pick some when you have the benefit of 20-20 hindsight.........

Darren in. Once we got going, we were in automatic promotion form, and it seems bizarre to ditch a manager who has got us playing well. And quite honestly after the upheaval of recent seasons we could really do with some stability and continuity.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

The huge amount of games we drew or lost because of his player choices both changing constantly and out of position.  The playing based on other teams so we don't get out own patten of play. The fact these things mdnt we didn't gel at all until in to January. The fact we have been clueless in so many games players with blank faces not knowing where to pass. The fact our defending has been pathetic ALL season. 

That's all a bit vague, though. It's hard to know where to start in order to really understand where you're coming from.

Which games did we lose or draw because of his player choices, and who should he have played instead?

Again, I'm not sure which games you feel Moore played based on our opponents? For me, plenty of our opponents came with well-formulated game plans in order to nullify us, but I can't think of many, if any, games where it felt like we adapted our style entirely due to the opposition. 

We gelled pretty much by the start of November, and have topped the form table since then. The only real blip since then was when covid disrupted our games around the new year.

We've had our moments at the back, no doubt, but only five teams have conceded fewer goals than us this season, and since we added Storey and Dean in January, only four teams have conceded fewer than us, whilst nobody has scored more than us in the same period.

Again, we'll need some specifics as to which games you thought we looked 'clueless' in, why you feel this is due to Moore, and why you feel his decisions in these games 'kept us down', rather than his decisions in other games contributing to us reaching 85 points and averaging more than two points a game since the beginning of November.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Does it matter? It's easy to pick some when you have the benefit of 20-20 hindsight.........

Darren in. Once we got going, we were in automatic promotion form, and it seems bizarre to ditch a manager who has got us playing well. And quite honestly after the upheaval of recent seasons we could really do with some stability and continuity.  

Not really, no.

I'm just intrigued to hear him flesh out his thoughts a bit more, as it's hard to understand where he's coming from as things stand.

He is staying..  We had a poor start to the campaign but as pointed out if we had hit the ground running we could have got auto's...  We have a bit of money now..  Moore did pretty well in the transfer market last year, we have some crucial business to be done this year but hopefully we can concentrate on getting some youth into the team and kick on..  

No point in hitting the reset button again as we will just end up in the same place as last year..

• Like 1