Home support atm

On 14/05/2022 at 22:14, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Footy through and through me though I used to enjoy a drink back in the day and had a great appetite to match.

Football was always what it was. My bi-product was the Half-time Fothergills Pie with Oxo.

Drinking:- I remember Roy Wragg taking a bet at the Cuthber. The bet was 100 pints Monday to Friday in Licensing hours. I watched a couple of session and the final session on the Friday night. Roy completed the task and took the money (not too mean a wedge) The loser congratulated Roy and asked if he'd share a drink. I'll have a pint was his instant reply.

Another massive consumer feat was posted by George Parker a Taxi (Private Hire Driver). This was at the Continental Cafe, Langsett Road. Not a bet as such but a challenge set by Old man Fairhurst the Plumber and supplier of Common Side who offered George the challenge of

2lb of Bacon; 2lb Sausage; 1 large tin of beans; 1 large tin of tomatoes a portion of Mushrooms and several slices of toast and a large mug of tea. George downed the lot and Mr Fairhurst enjoyed the watch. George has long since passed and was nudging 25 stone but was a a really nice quiet bloke.

All't young set who throw beer and food around instead of boozing and eytin would not enjoy George and Roy having a quiet word in their ear !        

Once played him at snooker in 3/4 League he could wield a mean cue too....

On 16/05/2022 at 08:37, Wednesday_Jack said:

Aside the clubs failings on pricing etc... there is an awful culture at the club amongst certain sections of our fanbase, lots have this over entitled opinion of themselves because they watched us in the 80's and early 90's. People stand up to shout, cheer, sing and others tell them to sit down...they then go on to create a 10 page thread on here absolutely slating these people!! People go and stand on the away end of the north and you automatically become a "coke sniffing hooligan" or a "knuckle dragging neanderthal"

There was one on here the other days slating the songs we sing..."they're all cringe worthy". I feel for some its a case of "you're damned if you do and damned if you don't" and its a combination of the cost and crap like this that make em think of stopping at home.

For me the club as lost control of the cost of match day pricing due to the 3/5 year season ticket initiative. They cannot lower prices due to committing to the long term season ticket holders...who would rightly complain should the prices be lowered. However, the long term plan that Chansiri thought would increase revenue has become a bit of an issue IMO as it as very much limited the matchday revenue and various other aspects that generate cash.

Thats the spirit,put the blame where it belongs THE FANS especially those who actually have the cheek to be ST holders,sometimes of many decades......

Dont blame 'advisors' Agents or  Footballers many of whom are on money fans can only dream about.....

Dont hold the Chairman responsible....

Its the 'old school' fans fault....WHY ON EARTH didnt i see it.....?

Thank you very much for opening my eyes...  

Now go the mirror and move that big ****ing  bell*** thats hanging off your forehead out of the way...

What do people reckon atmosphere  is ?...i dont see a problem with it this past season ,we cheer when we score we get behind the team when they attack which is pretty much as it's been since I first started going  .....I dont travel away these days but watch every away game on the fire stick and have yet to hear /see any intimidating  atmosphere  at any other ground  .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

What do people reckon atmosphere  is ?...i dont see a problem with it this past season ,we cheer when we score we get behind the team when they attack which is pretty much as it's been since I first started going  .....I dont travel away these days but watch every away game on the fire stick and have yet to hear /see any intimidating  atmosphere  at any other ground  .

Agree. Its just another thing that some of our social media brethren seem to have some weird anxiety about.

• Thanks 1

The attendances will only get worse in the next few years 

The cost of living is awful right now 

Football will be way down on peoples lists 

People I know who went to games getting a bag of chips for the fish shop is a luxury 

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Thats the spirit,put the blame where it belongs THE FANS especially those who actually have the cheek to be ST holders,sometimes of many decades......

Dont blame 'advisors' Agents or  Footballers many of whom are on money fans can only dream about.....

Dont hold the Chairman responsible....

Its the 'old school' fans fault....WHY ON EARTH didnt i see it.....?

Thank you very much for opening my eyes...  

Now go the mirror and move that big ****ing  bell*** thats hanging off your forehead out of the way...

tough day lad?? 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

tough day lad?? 

Well you havnt lost your sense of humour at least,re read your post,....Think how many 10s of thousands those fans you identify have put in the Club over decades,has everyone had there refunds yet?

Dont you think people who have invested decades of loyalty money,and commitment to the Club deserve a bit more respect??

Direct your critique mate to those who deserve it,NOT the fans...the PAYING fans....WAWAW?...

12 minutes ago, parajack said:

Well you havnt lost your sense of humour at least,re read your post,....Think how many 10s of thousands those fans you identify have put in the Club over decades,has everyone had there refunds yet?

Dont you think people who have invested decades of loyalty money,and commitment to the Club deserve a bit more respect??

Direct your critique mate to those who deserve it,NOT the fans...the PAYING fans....WAWAW?...

I’m sending you a cuddle mate 👍🏻

51 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I’m sending you a cuddle mate 👍🏻

Blade goes into a Charity shop,see's a 60 inch TV with 'for sale sign'.£10 pounds.(note volume stuck on full) Blade gets a tenner out,turns to his mate and says...'ime not turning that down'

Edited by parajack

On 14/05/2022 at 18:11, GermanBird said:

There are things, which WE cannot improve. We need the club to do this!

- cheap Kop tickets 

- even cheaper tickets for the Sheffield youth (our future!!)

- easier access to tickets 

I don't believe that we can sell many more season tickets, but we could attract more people, who just go to the odd game here and there. Make it as easy as possible for them. 

Cheaper ticket offers to schools on certain matches ,like £10 adults £5 for kids .

• Like 1

On 14/05/2022 at 18:35, @owlstalk said:

easy sorted!

We need:

Another second band - in the North Stand (at the back at the West Stand end)

More phone light shows - ideally every game in each half - for a visual treat

Hand out free plastic or cardboard clappers to wave and clap with - to make the noise needed that most fans don't make currently

Scrap Waterfront and replace with something more upbeat like Vengaboys or Abba - to get fans in the mood as the current one doesn't work

Get Tango back and his mini-Tango lookalike mate and give them free reign to get the crowd going

Sorted

Only needs two things 

1. Dark blue plastic " Ninja star edged " cushions back in the North stand
2. Chansiri Out !