Home support atm

On 14/05/2022 at 18:01, Inspector Lestrade said:

Stop moaning about it and do something about it.  If you think the atmos is rubbish then change it, start more chants etc.

Aways bloody moaning ....  get off your backsides and do something about it if your that bothered about it.

Aside the clubs failings on pricing etc... there is an awful culture at the club amongst certain sections of our fanbase, lots have this over entitled opinion of themselves because they watched us in the 80's and early 90's. People stand up to shout, cheer, sing and others tell them to sit down...they then go on to create a 10 page thread on here absolutely slating these people!! People go and stand on the away end of the north and you automatically become a "coke sniffing hooligan" or a "knuckle dragging neanderthal"

There was one on here the other days slating the songs we sing..."they're all cringe worthy". I feel for some its a case of "you're damned if you do and damned if you don't" and its a combination of the cost and crap like this that make em think of stopping at home.

For me the club as lost control of the cost of match day pricing due to the 3/5 year season ticket initiative. They cannot lower prices due to committing to the long term season ticket holders...who would rightly complain should the prices be lowered. However, the long term plan that Chansiri thought would increase revenue has become a bit of an issue IMO as it as very much limited the matchday revenue and various other aspects that generate cash.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah they were so good - how it could be in an ideal world
I don't think even if we are Premiership that we would sell out every game though - or would we?

Totally agree with you on this...we wouldn't sell out. I have said this numerous times, we are a working class city with lots of house holds literally just about "surviving" at the moment. Spending £100.00 on two adult and kids ticket every other week isn't a priority for a large proportion of our fan base (sad times)!!

I don't want this to sound like Chansiri bashing post but sadly our chairman is so far detached from the values of our city and fans it is untrue and he's also made a ******** up of the finances that much that he cannot lower any prices or alter things to attract 25k on a regular basis.

9 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Aside the clubs failings on pricing etc... there is an awful culture at the club amongst certain sections of our fanbase, lots have this over entitled opinion of themselves because they watched us in the 80's and early 90's. People stand up to shout, cheer, sing and others tell them to sit down...they then go on to create a 10 page thread on here absolutely slating these people!! People go and stand on the away end of the north and you automatically become a "coke sniffing hooligan" or a "knuckle dragging neanderthal"

There was one on here the other days slating the songs we sing..."they're all cringe worthy". I feel for some its a case of "you're damned if you do and damned if you don't" and its a combination of the cost and crap like this that make em think of stopping at home.

For me the club as lost control of the cost of match day pricing due to the 3/5 year season ticket initiative. They cannot lower prices due to committing to the long term season ticket holders...who would rightly complain should the prices be lowered. However, the long term plan that Chansiri thought would increase revenue has become a bit of an issue IMO as it as very much limited the matchday revenue and various other aspects that generate cash.

You're moaning still do something about it... but you do make some good points

9 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

People go and stand on the away end of the north and you automatically become a "coke sniffing hooligan" or a "knuckle dragging neanderthal" 

This isn't true

Nobody has ever said that 

If you stand there you're not a 'coke sniffing hooligan' at all

You're a Skeggy fake burberry/stone island draped pointer!

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

There's been several occasions in the past 3 years where I've said enough is enough regarding how the club is run, yet still buy season ticket after season ticket and notched up 13 away days last season.

I'm not going to begrudge anyone less daft than myself.

Chansiri burnt just about every bridge going with many supporters, and it'll be a slow process in rebuilding that.

• Thanks 1

On 14/05/2022 at 18:13, fpowl said:

I think differently 

our decline and the affairs the club as gone through over last few years in embargo’s, youth players leaving points deduction massive drop in league position and relegation as a lot to answer for 

then you look at what everyone has had to suffer financially not just covid but this year in huge price increases on energy bills, food purchases, fuel general big inflation 

and look at the attendances not only against anyone else but ourselves it’s the 6th or 7th highest attendences we’ve had in 15 years 

10th best since dropping out of the premiership 

in today’s cost of living that’s amazing 

I Also think if we had better away teams support we would have increased our average attendances up to be something like 8th best average since the premiership league days 

that in my opinion is a huge success 

Away support this year as been surprisingly good,may be because new ground for lot of them,be interested how many they bring next season

• Like 1

On 14/05/2022 at 15:28, Joe.swfc said:

Hate to be one of those people to complain about how many games you should be going to or wether you should have a season ticket or not because I understand everyone has different circumstances but I feel like our home support this season when it’s not a big game has been really poor compared to past years. Don’t get me wrong even this season Wednesdays support his miles ahead of other teams but for Wednesday I feel like we have been poor when it comes to numbers and noise. I get the fact we are in league one and people don’t want to come to games anymore and I’m not being a c4nt saying we are all ‘plastics’ because we are not but I just putting this out hear as a general message that we need more numbers a more noise at Hillsborough next season if we want promotion! 
Put thoughts below I’m willing to have my opinion changed 

(again no hate to anyone just a general message)

Last season in the Championship was much worse. Atmosphere was toxic and the attendance figures were ridiculous. Why do teams include non attending ST holders in the figures. We are not "miles ahead" of other teams at home. The atmospheres at quite a few smaller clubs was brilliant and noticeable on EFL highlights. Not sure about next season, if we start off well then the crowds will come in droves. If not then we can look forward to a long hard season.

Anyway I still think we will get automatic promotion. With Sunderland going up, which they will, there are only 4 major clubs in that division and nothing in them to fear neither the clubs coming down or promoted from EFL 2.

My curse though is that I can't keep away after starting to go in the early 70's and have withstood some horrendous seasons and some great ones.

When I was at junior school 300yrs ago...25 free tickets were given for most home match...I very rarely paid (even though it was cheap to get in then)

The club gave every school in Sheffied that had a junior football team tickets.

Don't know if they still do that, if not they should..catch em early and they will be moaning for years and years to come. 😁

• Love 2
  • Haha 1