Home support atm

20 hours ago, Joe.swfc said:

Hate to be one of those people to complain about how many games you should be going to or wether you should have a season ticket or not because I understand everyone has different circumstances but I feel like our home support this season when it’s not a big game has been really poor compared to past years. Don’t get me wrong even this season Wednesdays support his miles ahead of other teams but for Wednesday I feel like we have been poor when it comes to numbers and noise. I get the fact we are in league one and people don’t want to come to games anymore and I’m not being a c4nt saying we are all ‘plastics’ because we are not but I just putting this out hear as a general message that we need more numbers a more noise at Hillsborough next season if we want promotion! 
Put thoughts below I’m willing to have my opinion changed 

(again no hate to anyone just a general message)

It's going to be poor, we are playing league 1 football. We are playing the likes of Fleetwood, Cheltenham etc. Doesn't exactly the heart racing. This year on the most part the football has been exciting, imagine what it would have been like if we struggled this year.

2 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

It's going to be poor, we are playing league 1 football. We are playing the likes of Fleetwood, Cheltenham etc. Doesn't exactly the heart racing. This year on the most part the football has been exciting, imagine what it would have been like if we struggled this year.

The atmosphere's weren't exactly electric in the Championship though

Owlstalk Shop

The atmosphere will improve, when we have more people in the ground.

It will also help, if those additional people are not as tense as we are. We hardcore fans tend to be very quiet depending on the gameflow.

We just need to attract more people, who just come to the odd game here or there to have a great day out or a good time with their friends.

I don't mind, if they are Wednesdayites or if they just come for the great atmosphere.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah they were so good - how it could be in an ideal world
I don't think even if we are Premiership that we would sell out every game though - or would we?

i think we would for 90% got to remember you’d get loads of students etc and general fans coming + new supporters are generated .  There may be odd game like a Burnley at home for example where it might be around  30k instead of 33/34k 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

FSt8yWPWQAA5ipc.jpg

Aston Villa are handing out flags

Never get why we don’t do stuff like this.

Even a couple of massive Wednesday flags in front of the Kop when the teams run out and there is a goal. 

Try to make it more carnival and fun.

Currently we turn up 10 mins before kick off and have to endure the Amarillo song before the teams come out. 

The whole match build up inside and outside the stadium needs a massive overhaul, there just nothing there and then the atmosphere in the ground does become a library.

Oh and sack the band. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hyde2005 said:

Our proper supporters attend away games . You want noise n passion attend those . Never been that good at home ever. Nothing 2 do with covid prices etc etc.  Our prices are good . I be back for 1st game while the other 12000 we might see you again in 12 months . 

You just can't beat a good 'look at me, I'm a better fan than you' post.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Hyde2005 said:

Our proper supporters attend away games . You want noise n passion attend those . Never been that good at home ever. Nothing 2 do with covid prices etc etc.  Our prices are good . I be back for 1st game while the other 12000 we might see you again in 12 months . 

I've followed Wednesday since the mid 80's, been all over watching them, even Europe, had a season ticket for 20 odd years. 

I haven't had a season ticket for over 10 years as my job can take me away from home for months at a time. 

I'd like to get to away games but it's impossible as I only get to about 10 games a season so I've no where near enough priority points. 

Maybe I should give my job up and become a 'proper' fan again. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

It’s impossible to get a loud raucous atmosphere in our big empty ground..but we need to know why the gruntbags (tradionally the smaller club) are gettin about 5k more thru the gate every other week..and have been doin so for a few years..

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why didn't the atmopshere improve when we were playing free flowing football, scoring record numbers of goals and going for promotion a few weeks ago then?

NOBODY has said improving the catering would improve the atmosphere  

it did… thing is we were outside the play offs most of the season

For me it comes down to cost v what I’m watching.

I had plans to go to quite a few this season. Went to Fleetwood at home, thought god that was boring, Bolton at home, god that was boring.

Then considered the 5 match package, then we drew 4 on the trot and I thought I cba with that! There was another Tuesday night game I can’t remember, then it was Portsmouth and then Sunderland.

I always get membership, but really the cost isn’t great unless you buy a season ticket.

I was much more regular pre DC. I didn’t mind the price rise during the first season as the football and atmosphere was great, second season it dwindled but still made about 10, then I took a 3 year gap after watching Reach pull out of a 50/50 at home to boro, I think, Carlos last game, where I just thought “what is the point”.

It comes down to enjoyment and we just haven’t given much recently. Half a season in what, 4 seasons? 5?

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, The coach said:

Home games are pretty tragic tbh..there must be a reason  why there’s a massive clamour for away tickets..all over Facebook twitter etc..it’s up to Wednesday to try and make home games more appealing

Bang on mate 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, The coach said:

It’s impossible to get a loud raucous atmosphere in our big empty ground..but we need to know why the gruntbags (tradionally the smaller club) are gettin about 5k more thru the gate every other week..and have been doin so for a few years..

Nothing at all to do with the Wilder influence and a trip to the Premiership?

We got Monk and Chansiri and plummeted like a stone.

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk was on course to keep us up 

I can't remember the points per game or how many points we had...Fair play if you do.  

Many fans wanted him out for a long time before it finally happened.  Some of the worst performances ive seen in over 30 years following Wednesday.  That 3-1 defeat to Derby still gives me shudders.  Like they had already given up before kick off.

I wasnt too sad when we sacked him.

Another Captain Hindsight post.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

25 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I can't remember the points per game or how many points we had...Fair play if you do.  

Many fans wanted him out for a long time before it finally happened.  Some of the worst performances ive seen in over 30 years following Wednesday.  That 3-1 defeat to Derby still gives me shudders.  Like they had already given up before kick off.

I wasnt too sad when we sacked him.

Another Captain Hindsight post.

Captain Hindsight!!???

I nearly got burnt at the stake during Monks time here presenting the irrefutable facts and stats showing we were on course to stay in the championship!

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Captain Hindsight!!???

I nearly got burnt at the stake during Monks time here presenting the irrefutable facts and stats showing we were on course to stay in the championship!

Yea Wednesday fans love a good bit of mob action.  I could see them making gallows on the north stand after Darren Purse misplaced 3 back passes in the same first half.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why didn't the atmopshere improve when we were playing free flowing football, scoring record numbers of goals and going for promotion a few weeks ago then?

NOBODY has said improving the catering would improve the atmosphere  

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If the atmosphere picked up then why are you moaning that the atmosphere hasn't picked up?

Good point lol

you turned that round well.

im not saying it’s good, just better than it has been (which admittedly isn’t hard)