Home support atm

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The thing is 'football fans' covers a huge diverse wide group of people

Not all fans want padded seats, nice food, good atmosphere

Not all fans want a pie, pint and crap atmosphere

Everyone's different

Which is why it's wrong and incorrect to suggest that the facilities and catering and atmosphere are unimportant 

All fans want is a winning team, the rest will follow.  Catering is unimportant, no fan goes to the game because the pies are better than the local chippy.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Why aren’t more people coming then?

1 hour ago, Geedee said:

Because third division football is mostly  rubbish

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Why are so many of our fans turning up in huge numbers then?

We have had a successful run in , that has attracted more fans in clouding a green un reader like me lol

It also helps that its nice weather

Let's see how attractive 3rd division is if we are 10th and its a cold November day with 1 more pay day until Christmas.

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

All fans want is a winning team, the rest will follow.  Catering is unimportant, no fan goes to the game because the pies are better than the local chippy.  

Incorrect

Thats just your own personal view

Your own personal view doesn’t apply to all football fans 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Then..I mean surely Wednesday could make a mark, make a statement, drop the prices and make it affordable

I mean its radical, and  ive already got next years season ticket, but heres a bit of philanthropy

iit wouldn't bother me if they sold tickets for a fiver next year

Fill the bloody ground!!

We have done it twice this season, rank upon rank of empty blue seats

Then you read this forum, the politics section, the "Tories" section

The anger about whats happening at the minute

Mention cheap tickets at Hillsborough?

and some season ticket holders kick off about it

What in the name of f.ook is that all about?

Sure some will take advantage, but sod them, some will benefit

and if it brings a few Owls fans back, or breeds some new Owls fans

What on earth is the problem?

Well sed pal.. I feel the same and have a season ticket... 

10 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Third division football at high prices, after a pandemic and mostly thin gruel for 20 odd years…I don’t think we’re doing too bad!

We're not - we're doing really amazing in terms of season ticket holders

Long may it continue

Let's hope all those up for renewal this summer want to renew and can afford to do so too

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You're strange... in a quirky way

You "I think I just want football and nothing else"

Me "that's great - but not everyone thinks the same way as you do and have different needs/demands/wants"

You "You're strange"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Footy through and through me though I used to enjoy a drink back in the day and had a great appetite to match.

Football was always what it was. My bi-product was the Half-time Fothergills Pie with Oxo.

Drinking:- I remember Roy Wragg taking a bet at the Cuthber. The bet was 100 pints Monday to Friday in Licensing hours. I watched a couple of session and the final session on the Friday night. Roy completed the task and took the money (not too mean a wedge) The loser congratulated Roy and asked if he'd share a drink. I'll have a pint was his instant reply.

Another massive consumer feat was posted by George Parker a Taxi (Private Hire Driver). This was at the Continental Cafe, Langsett Road. Not a bet as such but a challenge set by Old man Fairhurst the Plumber and supplier of Common Side who offered George the challenge of

2lb of Bacon; 2lb Sausage; 1 large tin of beans; 1 large tin of tomatoes a portion of Mushrooms and several slices of toast and a large mug of tea. George downed the lot and Mr Fairhurst enjoyed the watch. George has long since passed and was nudging 25 stone but was a a really nice quiet bloke.

All't young set who throw beer and food around instead of boozing and eytin would not enjoy George and Roy having a quiet word in their ear !        

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Footy through and through me though I used to enjoy a drink back in the day and had a great appetite to match.

Football was always what it was. My bi-product was the Half-time Fothergills Pie with Oxo.

Drinking:- I remember Roy Wragg taking a bet at the Cuthber. The bet was 100 pints Monday to Friday in Licensing hours. I watched a couple of session and the final session on the Friday night. Roy completed the task and took the money (not too mean a wedge) The loser congratulated Roy and asked if he'd share a drink. I'll have a pint was his instant reply.

Another massive consumer feat was posted by George Parker a Taxi (Private Hire Driver). This was at the Continental Cafe, Langsett Road. Not a bet as such but a challenge set by Old man Fairhurst the Plumber and supplier of Common Side who offered George the challenge of

2lb of Bacon; 2lb Sausage; 1 large tin of beans; 1 large tin of tomatoes a portion of Mushrooms and several slices of toast and a large mug of tea. George downed the lot and Mr Fairhurst enjoyed the watch. George has long since passed and was nudging 25 stone but was a a really nice quiet bloke.

All't young set who throw beer and food around instead of boozing and eytin would not enjoy George and Roy having a quiet word in their ear !        

Whereabouts was continental cafe Nev?

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

This… will the atmosphere improve, because we’re playing free flowing football and going for promotion or because big bob and his mates had a reyt good pie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Meadows said:

This… will the atmosphere improve, because we’re playing free flowing football and going for promotion or because big bob and his mates had a reyt good pie

Why didn't the atmopshere improve when we were playing free flowing football, scoring record numbers of goals and going for promotion a few weeks ago then?

NOBODY has said improving the catering would improve the atmosphere  

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

And We will still average  20k + next year. If we’re chasing top 2 probably 23k+
if top 6 chase 21+

would love to be back in high end champ or prem and seeing a packed Hillsborough every week. These last 2 games have been great . 

Yeah they were so good - how it could be in an ideal world
I don't think even if we are Premiership that we would sell out every game though - or would we?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop