Home support atm

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes very much so mate 

Its not kicked in quite yet but when it does it will leave many with big decisions to make 

Then..I mean surely Wednesday could make a mark, make a statement, drop the prices and make it affordable

I mean its radical, and  ive already got next years season ticket, but heres a bit of philanthropy

iit wouldn't bother me if they sold tickets for a fiver next year

Fill the bloody ground!!

We have done it twice this season, rank upon rank of empty blue seats

Then you read this forum, the politics section, the "Tories" section

The anger about whats happening at the minute

Mention cheap tickets at Hillsborough?

and some season ticket holders kick off about it

What in the name of f.ook is that all about?

Sure some will take advantage, but sod them, some will benefit

and if it brings a few Owls fans back, or breeds some new Owls fans

What on earth is the problem?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Incorrect 
That’s all that seems to matter to fans who go week in week out regardless but it’s a naive view 

People in 2022 want more for their money than that 

Its not incorrect mate

Those fans , who want creature comforts, a nice meal, a comfy seat etc, would go nowhere near a football ground come a Saturday mate

otherwise...How come it was a sell out V Portsmouth and Sunderland...f.ook all had changed in the catering and entertainment....

Edited by asteener1867

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wow - this is quite possibly the worst post of the year 

I certainly ain't belittling any supporter what can't afford to attend , the cost of living is horrendous and getting worse , we have a government what don't care that some can't afford food n heating.  But 12000 extra who attended last 2 games and the 40000 what would have been at Wembley can afford the 300-500 quid for a day out but a season ticket for an adult for a full season works out less than a 1 off Wembley visit. It could have been got for £345 for kop .

Wembley these days is a massive expense. 

2 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

I certainly ain't belittling any supporter what can't afford to attend , the cost of living is horrendous and getting worse , we have a government what don't care that some can't afford food n heating.  But 12000 extra who attended last 2 games and the 40000 what would have been at Wembley can afford the 300-500 quid for a day out but a season ticket for an adult for a full season works out less than a 1 off Wembley visit. It could have been got for £345 for kop .

Wembley these days is a massive expense. 

But they might not have been able to afford both

The problem with giving it the old 'I'm a better supporter than you' or 'you're not a proper supporter' is that it always always always bites you on the arse immediately once you break it down and give the scenarios that could cause someone to not be able to attend games 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its not incorrect mate

Those fans , who want creature comforts, a nice meal, a comfy seat etc, would go nowhere near a football ground come a Saturday mate

otherwise...How come it was a sell out V Portsmouth and Sunderland...f.ook all had changed in the catering and entertainment....

The thing is mate - if the club ever sorted out the faclities, parking, ticketing, catering then our fans will understand

Until then we'll just get fans saying 'all people want is winning / good footy' which just is not correct

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Then..I mean surely Wednesday could make a mark, make a statement, drop the prices and make it affordable

I mean its radical, and  ive already got next years season ticket, but heres a bit of philanthropy

iit wouldn't bother me if they sold tickets for a fiver next year

Fill the bloody ground!!

We have done it twice this season, rank upon rank of empty blue seats

Then you read this forum, the politics section, the "Tories" section

The anger about whats happening at the minute

Mention cheap tickets at Hillsborough?

and some season ticket holders kick off about it

What in the name of f.ook is that all about?

Sure some will take advantage, but sod them, some will benefit

and if it brings a few Owls fans back, or breeds some new Owls fans

What on earth is the problem?

Agreed

It's all ego

It's all fragile ego
It's all wanting one up on the other person etc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, ANDY said:

stadium MK was prime example. The fan experience is out of this world. 

we need to get our aršes out of the 70/80’s and get into the world of today. 

Mk dons have a nice ground no doubt   , but it costs to attend . The food outlets outside are all the rip off merchants tg Friday nandos pizza express places I generally avoid but I had to pay there prices as that's what it is in Milton Keynes.  If u want a modern ground it will be built with these franchises outside not for me , maybe I'm an old fart 

2 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

Mk dons have a nice ground no doubt   , but it costs to attend . The food outlets outside are all the rip off merchants tg Friday nandos pizza express places I generally avoid but I had to pay there prices as that's what it is in Milton Keynes.  If u want a modern ground it will be built with these franchises outside not for me , maybe I'm an old fart 

Imagine the ideal scenario of the Nandos, TGI Fridays, Pizza Hut, but also locals like Nether Edge Pizza Company, Bere's etc and complement that with a few inhouse pie/fish and chips outlets

That would solve the demands from all our fans

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The thing is mate - if the club ever sorted out the faclities, parking, ticketing, catering then our fans will understand

Until then we'll just get fans saying 'all people want is winning / good footy' which just is not correct

Mate...Thats the criteria tho

The MAIN criteria

Its not a day out at the movies

Its the main driving force

I will be the first to admit, you have a point, but its a peripheral one

Yer not gonna go to Hillsborough cos the pies are nice, or the seats are comfy, you can go anywhere to get a better comfort an' comestible experience.

Its the football...I would honestly have sat on a bloody wasps nest to get the win Monday night

We just need to make it more affordable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine the ideal scenario of the Nandos, TGI Fridays, Pizza Hut, but also locals like Nether Edge Pizza Company, Bere's etc and complement that with a few inhouse pie/fish and chips outlets

That would solve the demands from all our fans

I don't want us to move ground . Improve things yes, pull west stand down . But money for this will never be available while we are in league 1.  Moving to some faceless new ground on old airport site surrounded by those franchises ain't going to boost our attendances . Why is it sufc have 25-30000 every wk. Its having ticket promotions free tickets to schools to get kids hooked etc . If our owner since 2016 had sensible prices etc and people running the club in commercial areas better we would easily have 3-4000 extra supporters every week.  Our prices are decent now but too many got out of the habit when it was between £34-£49 to attend per game. 

As a wednesday fan living in the midlands there's been a few Saturday mornings where I've fancied going, only to see the category means the game would cost me 29 quid (Don't really get the point of categories in league 1 when it's wednesday I'm paying to see, not Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich, etc but that's a different rant.) When the only options are pick and choose at 29 a pop or go all in for 500, you're inevitably going to lose more fans than you gain.

• Like 2

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Yer not gonna go to Hillsborough cos the pies are nice, or the seats are comfy, you can go anywhere to get a better comfort an' comestible experience.

Okay

We seem to have hit a brick wall here where people won't accept that their views aren't shared by absolutely everyone

Not every person just wants brick walls, crap food, bad atmospheres and to just sit in a silent cold stadium watching a game of footy

It's just absolute fact

People have different needs

Fans who are active, engaged, already going to games will suck up anything the club offers - there's nothing wrong with that - that's just how it is

Others won't want to spent £200 on a family day out sitting in a cold crap atmosphere, eating overpriced crappy food, having had to jump through hoops just to find out how much tickets are and then having to sit printing them off at home - that represents poor value to them - hence why they don't come more often

It's just fact

You don't want nice facilites or great food or great atmosphere because you're one of the active, engaged supporters (hence why you're even on a forum discussing it)

Others simply wont' share your views, demands or requirements

It's hard this one because it's like trying to explain to a hardcore diehard go to every gig Depeche Mode fan why other fans have dropped off coming to gigs as much - the hardcore Depeche Mode fans won't understand because their views are different to that of those who have dropped off coming to shows.

People have different needs/views/requirements

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

I don't want us to move ground . Improve things yes, pull west stand down . But money for this will never be available while we are in league 1.  Moving to some faceless new ground on old airport site surrounded by those franchises ain't going to boost our attendances . Why is it sufc have 25-30000 every wk. Its having ticket promotions free tickets to schools to get kids hooked etc . If our owner since 2016 had sensible prices etc and people running the club in commercial areas better we would easily have 3-4000 extra supporters every week.  Our prices are decent now but too many got out of the habit when it was between £34-£49 to attend per game.  

Yeah I meant if we upgraded Hillsborough etc

doesn't need a new ground - just a few important tweaks

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

As a wednesday fan living in the midlands there's been a few Saturday mornings where I've fancied going, only to see the category means the game would cost me 29 quid (Don't really get the point of categories in league 1 when it's wednesday I'm paying to see, not Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich, etc but that's a different rant.) When the only options are pick and choose at 29 a pop or go all in for 500, you're inevitably going to lose more fans than you gain.

Yep bang on mate

Categories, phases and tiers can all go in the bin

Worst idea of all time to inflict on football fans

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Totally disagree

Casual fans want a good quality experience for their money to make them think it’s value for money 

The matchday experience and ticket buying experience is horrific mostly 

Even our own hardcore fans complain at the lack of atmosphere and catering offerings 

Same in any industry - if it’s hard to access and enjoy, and the experience is a poor one then people are less inclined to go and even less inclined if someone invites them along 

Don’t underestimate things like ease of ticket buying, comfort, atmosphere, value for money - especially in this day and age where people have never been more demanding 

Yeah that's what football fans want.... FFS.   He thinks were in Corporate America, swallowed the whole Amazon and Apple experience.   No soul 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yeah that's what football fans want.... FFS.    

The thing is 'football fans' covers a huge diverse wide group of people

Not all fans want padded seats, nice food, good atmosphere

Not all fans want a pie, pint and crap atmosphere

Everyone's different

Which is why it's wrong and incorrect to suggest that the facilities and catering and atmosphere are unimportant 

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Okay

We seem to have hit a brick wall here where people won't accept that their views aren't shared by absolutely everyone

Not every person just wants brick walls, crap food, bad atmospheres and to just sit in a silent cold stadium watching a game of footy

It's just absolute fact

People have different needs

Fans who are active, engaged, already going to games will suck up anything the club offers - there's nothing wrong with that - that's just how it is

Others won't want to spent £200 on a family day out sitting in a cold crap atmosphere, eating overpriced crappy food, having had to jump through hoops just to find out how much tickets are and then having to sit printing them off at home - that represents poor value to them - hence why they don't come more often

It's just fact

You don't want nice facilites or great food or great atmosphere because you're one of the active, engaged supporters (hence why you're even on a forum discussing it)

Others simply wont' share your views, demands or requirements

It's hard this one because it's like trying to explain to a hardcore diehard go to every gig Depeche Mode fan why other fans have dropped off coming to gigs as much - the hardcore Depeche Mode fans won't understand because their views are different to that of those who have dropped off coming to shows.

People have different needs/views/requirements

Nope ..we haven't hit  a brick wall

We got 2 sell outs this season

The pies  were the same,the seats were the same,the match day experience was the same

The difference?

A chance of doing something on the pitch

Only requirement necessary to fill the ground.

Now your points are valid mate ,when it comes to week in week out stuff

But

The main driver is winning football games 

Edited by asteener1867

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Nope ..we haven't hit  a brick wall

We got 2 sell outs this season

The pies  were the same,the seats were the same,the match day experience was the same

The difference?

A chance of doing something on the pitch

Only requirement necessary to fill the ground.

Now your points are valid mate ,when it comes to week in week out stuff

But

The main driver is winning football games 

Too simplistic again mate

e.g. - Why haven't we had sellouts during the season then when we've been winning games

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop