Home support atm

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Totally disagree

Casual fans want a good quality experience for their money to make them think it’s value for money 

The matchday experience and ticket buying experience is horrific mostly 

Even our own hardcore fans complain at the lack of atmosphere and catering offerings 

Same in any industry - if it’s hard to access and enjoy, and the experience is a poor one then people are less inclined to go and even less inclined if someone invites them along 

Don’t underestimate things like ease of ticket buying, comfort, atmosphere, value for money - especially in this day and age where people have never been more demanding 

The match day catering is abysmal for a club our size. 

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

The match day catering is abysmal for a club our size. 

Which - if you’re a fan that will just put up with anything is (and seems) totally irrelevant 

But to casual fans is an important factor of whether they want to go to a match or not 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, ANDY said:

A lot of fans were disgruntled regarding non payment of moneys owed from covid lock down season. 

not saying it’s the main reason. Think after the lock down and money being tight people had re thunk their finances 

Some fans rather than being disgruntled were in fact very well gruntled in every way imaginable ! 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Which - if you’re a fan that will just put up with anything is (and seems) totally irrelevant 

But to casual fans is an important factor of whether they want to go to a match or not 

i always get summat before I go in. 

tepid burgers don’t appeal to me 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Some fans rather than being disgruntled were in fact very well gruntled in every way imaginable ! 

nev

dont confuse me. I don’t know if you’re agreeing or disagreeing. It’s Saturday. It’s nice out and I’ve been cracking open som beers. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ANDY said:

i always get summat before I go in. 

tepid burgers don’t appeal to me 

But you’re a hardcore fan

Fans who go week in week out think differently to casual fans who could be tempted to go to games 

Same goes for theatre, gigs etc / all entertainment but these things are important 

Casual fans don’t want to have to be bothered with finding solutions they just want quality, value for money and to have a good day out 

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

Watched us since ‘66, retired early, my choice. Now have to watch the pennies.

Would have snapped their hands off for a discounted season ticket  they offered to students that had no real affinity to the club.

Just now, marconi said:

Watched us since ‘66, retired early, my choice. Now have to watch the pennies.

Would have snapped their hands off for a discounted season ticket  they offered to students that had no real affinity to the club.

Adult learning is the way then 

Get off to adult uni and become a student! 

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Totally disagree

Casual fans want a good quality experience for their money to make them think it’s value for money 

The matchday experience and ticket buying experience is horrific mostly 

Even our own hardcore fans complain at the lack of atmosphere and catering offerings 

Same in any industry - if it’s hard to access and enjoy, and the experience is a poor one then people are less inclined to go and even less inclined if someone invites them along 

Don’t underestimate things like ease of ticket buying, comfort, atmosphere, value for money - especially in this day and age where people have never been more demanding 

Next season I'll be going to non league football.

I promised my kids I'd take them next season, and they prefer it to Hillsborough, for most of the reasons above.

Cheap, parking at the ground, good food, they can move about and see their friends, good atmosphere too.

It's just not as stressful. There's no rigmarole. Turn up, go in, watch football, go home.

To young teenagers who aren't die hard fans, it's a much better experience. 

I'd rather be at Hillsborough myself, but family comes first.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It absolutely is 

If someone causally wants to buy a ticket for any other event it’s easy

Not so much at SWFC - it’s an absolute mission

No, it really isn't. I'm 55,absolutely don't do any social media or in anyway a technophobe and don't possess a printer but I can order a ticket online and pick it up outside the stadium on the day of the match. It really is simple. 

Just now, Ian Fleming said:

No, it really isn't. I'm 55,absolutely don't do any social media or in anyway a technophobe and don't possess a printer but I can order a ticket online and pick it up outside the stadium on the day of the match. It really is simple. 

Why aren’t more people coming then?

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But..If yer not a fan..why bloody go anyway?

I would bring back back the brown guttered toilets that overflowed with P*ss..., simple mincemeat pies. cold....terraces, ozzie owl club. fat lads kicking balls into wheelie bins at half time

It breeds a proper supporter FFS!

I mean..."Comfortable"...waddya want  sodding recliners on the Kop??

Remember when they did that "Healthy option " thingy...on the menu 

"Wednesday have Taglietelli"

I thought we had signed a midfielder from Juventus

Too much thought going into it

Heres a starter..a Winning football team...f.ook the peripheries

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

But..If yer not a fan..why bloody go anyway?

I would bring back back the brown guttered toilets that overflowed with P*ss..., simple mincemeat pies. cold....terraces, ozzie owl club. fat lads kicking balls into wheelie bins at half time

It breeds a proper supporter FFS!

I mean..."Comfortable"...waddya want  sodding recliners on the Kop??

Remember when they did that "Healthy option " thingy...on the menu 

"Wednesday have Taglietelli"

I thought we had signed a midfielder from Juventus

Too much thought going into it

Heres a starter..a Winning football team...f.ook the peripheries

Too simplistic mate 

People want a full value for money day out 

If the facilities are naff, the food and catering bad or bad value, ticketing a ridiculous hoop jumping process etc then even a dull 1-0 win isn’t enough to make casual people dying to go again 

Its not correct to suggest people want bad facilities, naff overpriced food and difficult ticketing process and just go to games - the hardcore will put up with it but casual fans won’t as easily 

Especially in a cost of living crisis

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop