Home support atm

Hate to be one of those people to complain about how many games you should be going to or wether you should have a season ticket or not because I understand everyone has different circumstances but I feel like our home support this season when it’s not a big game has been really poor compared to past years. Don’t get me wrong even this season Wednesdays support his miles ahead of other teams but for Wednesday I feel like we have been poor when it comes to numbers and noise. I get the fact we are in league one and people don’t want to come to games anymore and I’m not being a c4nt saying we are all ‘plastics’ because we are not but I just putting this out hear as a general message that we need more numbers a more noise at Hillsborough next season if we want promotion! 
Put thoughts below I’m willing to have my opinion changed 

(again no hate to anyone just a general message)

Edited by Joe.swfc
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

A lot of fans were disgruntled regarding non payment of moneys owed from covid lock down season. 

not saying it’s the main reason. Think after the lock down and money being tight people had re thunk their finances 

Yeah mate Chansiri really f the whole club up since early 2020 things haven’t been the same since then in general 

It’s so bloody awkward, not to mention expensive to pay on the gate. Living away from Sheffield it’s just doesn’t make sense to have a season ticket. Night matches when people have to leave work, fight through traffic before even getting on the motorway and heading to Sheffield needs an easy entry to the ground. 

The club needs every pound of income it can generate. There’s a lack of commerciality around getting bums on seats

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Joe.swfc said:

Yeah mate Chansiri really f the whole club up since early 2020 things haven’t been the same since then in general 

Yeah, what was DC thinking of. We didn't ask for Covid, we didn't want Covid, but still he gave us Covid. Boo!

WTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Key said:

Yeah, what was DC thinking of. We didn't ask for Covid, we didn't want Covid, but still he gave us Covid. Boo!

WTF:

Not sure if he meant that but that's for him to answer. On that point though, my brother-in-law lives in Leeds. He's had a season ticket for a long time, goes to 10-15 away every season. He didn't get his refund when he needed the money and because money is tight he's chosen to stop going. That's thousands of pounds the club has lost over the next few years because DC messed up refunds and just didn't treat fans properly. Maybe DC couldn't afford to do much differently, but we were kept in the dark so like many things DC has done, it felt like he just didn't have an understanding of Wednesday fans. I'd say this season is the first season under his tenure where he doesn't seem to have done anything particularly wrong so hopefully that's a sign of things to come. Sadly that's too late for some Wednesdayites. 

If I was DC I'd 100% do something to get fans back this season. Maybe a 5 match ticket for £50 for 5 matches through the season against unattractive opponents (Cambridge etc). Maybe 1 home game where POTG will be a £5 for anywhere in the stadium. Maybe any season ticket holder can get 10 points if they buy a ticket for a friend for £10.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest DoesJackHunt

Supporting Wednesday for the last 25 years has been mostly rubbish. The atmosphere and attendance have gradually faded. It won’t get better unless we get back into the premier league. We have a generation of fans who have never seen a top flight Wednesday team. 

We could try putting safe standing back on the Kop. I think that would improve attendance and atmosphere a bit . 

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Stop moaning about it and do something about it.  If you think the atmos is rubbish then change it, start more chants etc.

Aways bloody moaning ....  get off your backsides and do something about it if your that bothered about it.

There are things, which WE cannot improve. We need the club to do this!

- cheap Kop tickets 

- even cheaper tickets for the Sheffield youth (our future!!)

- easier access to tickets 

I don't believe that we can sell many more season tickets, but we could attract more people, who just go to the odd game here and there. Make it as easy as possible for them. 

• Like 4

I think differently 

our decline and the affairs the club as gone through over last few years in embargo’s, youth players leaving points deduction massive drop in league position and relegation as a lot to answer for 

then you look at what everyone has had to suffer financially not just covid but this year in huge price increases on energy bills, food purchases, fuel general big inflation 

and look at the attendances not only against anyone else but ourselves it’s the 6th or 7th highest attendences we’ve had in 15 years 

10th best since dropping out of the premiership 

in today’s cost of living that’s amazing 

I Also think if we had better away teams support we would have increased our average attendances up to be something like 8th best average since the premiership league days 

that in my opinion is a huge success 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

- cheap Kop tickets 

I don't believe that we can sell many more season tickets, but we could attract more people, who just go to the odd game here and there. Make it as easy as possible for them. 

I'm more than sure if DC could sell tickets cheaper and still make a "profit" then he would.   

Just now, @owlstalk said:

easy sorted!

We need:

Another second band - in the North Stand (at the back at the West Stand end)

More phone light shows - ideally every game in each half 

Hand out free plastic or cardboard clappers to wave and clap with 

Scrap Waterfront and replace with something more upbeat like Vengaboys or Abba

Sorted

you still pisśed from last night 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

easy sorted!

We need:

Another second band - in the North Stand (at the back at the West Stand end)

More phone light shows - ideally every game in each half 

Hand out free plastic or cardboard clappers to wave and clap with 

Scrap Waterfront and replace with something more upbeat like Vengaboys or Abba

Sorted

Bait.gif.e971793985a920a65c8c55566853f792.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

- cheap Kop tickets 

Makes a lot of sense, would also like to see some improvement to the kop layout, it’s a lot of work but needs changing 

• Like 1

It's not hard to buy tickets, it's not the atmosphere people go for particularly, it's not the food on the concourse, it maybe is the price of tickets, but it's not been too bad this season, it's what's happening on the pitch. 

If the team are playing attractive, successful football then the crowd's will come . It's that simple.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ian Fleming said:

it's not the atmosphere people go for particularly, it's not the food on the concourse

Totally disagree

Casual fans want a good quality experience for their money to make them think it’s value for money 

The matchday experience and ticket buying experience is horrific mostly 

Even our own hardcore fans complain at the lack of atmosphere and catering offerings 

Same in any industry - if it’s hard to access and enjoy, and the experience is a poor one then people are less inclined to go and even less inclined if someone invites them along 

Don’t underestimate things like ease of ticket buying, comfort, atmosphere, value for money - especially in this day and age where people have never been more demanding 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop