Jump to content

Going in to the summer, can/will we spend?


Recommended Posts

Seen quite a few contradictory statements over the last week, some suggesting due to losses we'll be costing cutting further, some suggesting that we'll be spending again.

 

I'm not clued up in this area, so I'd be interested to know the expectations of those who take a keen interest in our finances.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aside from any FFP issues that may or may not arise, I can’t see there being much additional spending on the playing side. 
 

I expect we’ll operate with a smaller squad than this season and see the departure of our better players to further reduce, what are huge trading losses 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stanningtonowl said:

As bad as Chansiri has been, he’s never not spent when been able to. Expect spending this summer but hopefully more thought behind it now. 

This. I'm far from a fan of his but understand the hypocrisy of slating him whilst calling for new signings each year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He said that He will try to make club more "self sufficient".

 

I guess that what We do spend it will be on younger players with resale value.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, malek said:

He said that He will try to make club more "self sufficient".

 

I guess that what We do spend it will be on younger players with resale value.

That would be the sensible approach, signing younger players with resale value. We don't need to spend loads if we can keep the bulk of the squad together, a couple of strikers, a couple of defenders and a keeper will be main priorities.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We may spend...but...ultimately I think overall our outgoings will be less.

 

We are losing a few big wage players.

 

We need to cut down out squad size and wage expenditure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think we will spend a few nominal fees, but then I can't imagine we will be signing lads on huge wages. 

 

It's League One, so you can put together a pretty decent side for nominal fees, freebies and loans. 

 

Got to believe that Moore and co have had a plan for recruitment depending on what division we were in. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Think we will spend a few nominal fees, but then I can't imagine we will be signing lads on huge wages. 

 

It's League One, so you can put together a pretty decent side for nominal fees, freebies and loans. 

 

Got to believe that Moore and co have had a plan for recruitment depending on what division we were in. 

 

And if We get promoted we will face never stronger Championship with squad full of players nowhere near good enough for that level.

 

Aim should be not only to get up next season, but to get promoted ready to play at level above.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, malek said:

Aim should be not only to get up next season, but to get promoted ready to play at level above.

That's what you call a plan...three or four years getting better in all departments as we progress....coaches, players, backroom staff...the lot. Review every year and get better. It's aboutfucking time we had one

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope we keep a similar sized squad, even by having a sizable squad it was probably injuries to many key players which kept us from getting automatic promotion.

 

If players are considered past their prime by the club then I hope they are replaced by better quality players.

 

And that DC spends enough to take us to the next level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's plenty of good quality players available as free agents at this time of year. I'm happy for us to mainly operate in that market with the occassional faray into transfer fees for young players to develop and sell. Back that up with quality youngsters on loan and there's no reason we can't storm this league.

 

We are a big fish at this level, players would rather come here than some of the smaller clubs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some hightly rated league 2 players . 
 

 

 

Harry McKirdy- Swindon - just scored today and looks a class above league 2 . 20+ goals this season 

 

finn azaz - been quality for Newport this year . On loan from villa 

 

Fraser horthfall - Northampton - big cb . Scored goals too from the back . 
 

Anthony evans - Bristol rovers - 10 goals 12 assists from midfield 

 

Nicky Cadden forest green - plenty of assists and a few goals from out wide 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We can spend on fees but that doesn’t mean we won’t be cost cutting too. Can always buy players with lower wage demands.

 

Sounds as if Hunt is going from his latest post on Instagram. Hard to tell from him whether he just doesn’t fancy L1 again or whether we are also now going to reduce costs. Probably both!

 

It should be possible to remain competitive on a reduced budget though at this level 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Some hightly rated league 2 players . 
 

 

 

Harry McKirdy- Swindon - just scored today and looks a class above league 2 . 20+ goals this season 

 

finn azaz - been quality for Newport this year . On loan from villa 

 

Fraser horthfall - Northampton - big cb . Scored goals too from the back . 
 

Anthony evans - Bristol rovers - 10 goals 12 assists from midfield 

 

Nicky Cadden forest green - plenty of assists and a few goals from out wide 


David Adjiboye looks a prospect for Sutton as does Thomas Asante for Salford. Cheaper alternatives to NML (wage wise) assuming he’s off and resale value. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless we are signing up younger players who’ve done well in this league and below, or taking a look at the released from prem sides, I’d like us to revert back to 2015. Get 5 good loans in and a decent thought behind signings.

 

We should be able to attract the best loans this division can get.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...