FA Cup Final

flo

It seems that Chelsea wore yellow down to Tuchel being superstitious.

They lost the League Cup final wearing blue, lost last season FA Cup final wearing blue. And Tuchel won the German Cup with Dortmund wearing yellow.

Not that it did them much look today!

• Haha 1

I didn't thin it was a bad final - the pace in 90 minutes was insane

I think the stats said there were around 20 goal attempts before extra time?

Some good counter attacking and not too much shithousery (which we'll see in spades in the CL Final)

Obviously with a hot day and so much intensity in the 90 there was inevitable gonna be a big drop off in ET

Both teams had chances - either team could have won it and both played well (perhaps Liverpool not defensively)

I've seen way way worse finals than that

And the swings and roundabouts of the shoot out just added

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scram said:

I didn't thin it was a bad final - the pace in 90 minutes was insane

I think the stats said there were around 20 goal attempts before extra time?

Some good counter attacking and not too much shithousery (which we'll see in spades in the CL Final)

Obviously with a hot day and so much intensity in the 90 there was inevitable gonna be a big drop off in ET

Both teams had chances - either team could have won it and both played well (perhaps Liverpool not defensively)

I've seen way way worse finals than that

And the swings and roundabouts of the shoot out just added

Everyone sees the game differently but the pace of the game put me to sleep.

Hate to say it but the blunts' game was far faster and more exciting for me.

But..... we all see beauty where others don't.

7 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Booing abide with me. 

Both Managers looking like scruffs in tracksuits rather than sporting a traditional cup final suit. 

It’s just another game now.

Liverpool fans making the headlines for booing Prince William. Stories coming out of drunken fans being responsible. Surely not?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, alanharper said:

How times have changed. When I was younger the cup final was an event, no matter who was playing I'd spend all day following the build up on FA Cup Final Grandstand. Players in the team hotel, helicopters tracking the team coach, Cup Final Question Of Sport, players having a stroll on the pitch when they arrived, Abide With Me etc. 

Roll forward to 2022 - I forgot that it was even being played today. Noticed it was on and it was already half time. 

Needs to be last domestic game of the season, can cope with 5pm ko if they have full day build up and only European finals after it.

FA ultimately don't care about anything but the Premier League which makes them more money.

15 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

English players and penalty misses. Pleased for Liverpool, massive fan of Klopp. 

Liked Klopp at first then he fell in to the scouse trap of blaming everything but themselves.

Let's see if he comments on the fans behaviour booing the national anthem 🙄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Waddle93 said:

Needs to be last domestic game of the season, can cope with 5pm ko if they have full day build up and only European finals after it.

FA ultimately don't care about anything but the Premier League which makes them more money.

FA drone on about respecting the cup and yet have done the most to totally diminish it. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

That’s the worst thing for me. If the big boys want to disrespect it, that’s one thing, but the fact they still end up winning it against one another shows how far it’s gone from a tournament that 20 odd teams could realistically aim to win.

Its not just the top teams, everybody disrespects it these days. I've never understood why a midtable PL side makes umpteen changes for FA Cup games, even if they're playing against one of the top six who they know will play a weakened side. Have a go at it and they've got a decent chance of winning the cup or at the very least making the final,  it's got to be more interesting than resting players for the battle for 12th place. Forest played pretty much their usual team this year and put out Arsenal and Leicester. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Both Managers looking like scruffs in tracksuits rather than sporting a traditional cup final suit. 

I can’t see this bothering the FA… maybe they’d enforce the suit wearing if they wanted to / could (?)