FA Cup Final

flo

Decent game - 2 contrasting styles 

Pace is ridiculous

Liverpool struggling to find the gaps in the Chelsea defence after some early success

They need to go back to getting the ball into the forwards quicker and bypassing the midfield block. Once Chelsea are set defensively they run into the yellow wall. 

Defensively Liverpool look really suspect

25 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I'm more annoyed than I should be that Chelsea are in yellow. Absolutely no reason for it whatsoever. 

Aren’t clubs nowadays required to wear their away kit so many times a season by their suppliers to promote sales etc 

How times have changed. When I was younger the cup final was an event, no matter who was playing I'd spend all day following the build up on FA Cup Final Grandstand. Players in the team hotel, helicopters tracking the team coach, Cup Final Question Of Sport, players having a stroll on the pitch when they arrived, Abide With Me etc. 

Roll forward to 2022 - I forgot that it was even being played today. Noticed it was on and it was already half time. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

How times have changed. When I was younger the cup final was an event, no matter who was playing I'd spend all day following the build up on FA Cup Final Grandstand. Players in the team hotel, helicopters tracking the team coach, Cup Final Question Of Sport, players having a stroll on the pitch when they arrived, Abide With Me etc. 

Roll forward to 2022 - I forgot that it was even being played today. Noticed it was on and it was already half time. 

I've said it before but the competition as a whole, has lost its spark for me years ago. Used to be that real magic feeling about FA cup games and the final stages. Now it's just an opportunity for the big boys to field practically a team full of academy kids and disrespect the opposition.

• Like 3

Just now, Johnny Concrete said:

I've said it before but the competition as a whole, has lost its spark for me years ago. Used to be that real magic feeling about FA cup games and the final stages. Now it's just an opportunity for the big boys to field practically a team full of academy kids and disrespect the opposition.

True, the Cup magic is long lost for me too.