Dunkley Staying?

Guest Musttryharder
3 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

I may be in minority but I bloody hope so.

Well considering neither Storey or Dean will be back its a good job he is staying.

2 hours ago, MBMitchell said:

Not a fan at all, it could be because of his tackle Vs derby

Yes that was irrational, but it's happened many times through our history, Chris Woods as an example. One I could never understand fwiw

When I see him I just remember derby, equally when he's on the pitch every set piece is aimed at him, and I much prefer the little dinky set pieces where we have scored than just a hoof into the box and aim for one player

Using this logic every time you see Hutch it must remind you of his howler last week or BPF asleep when the player nicked the ball from behind him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Using this logic every time you see Hutch it must remind you of his howler last week or BPF asleep when the player nicked the ball from behind him.

Mmmm it's more major matches, like woods at Wembley, dunkley at derby, Clarke against palace

The crowd was more against woods at the start of 93/94 season and I think he lasted about 5 games iirc

It was a stupid tackle and was as much fault as chansiri last season. We were safe at that moment 

I hope Dunkley will stay and Moore will give him some game time.

He's great with his headers on both ends of the pitch. IMO that's what we have been missing all season.

I do like and rate BPF. The only thing, which really let him down, was his ball distribution. This might have been the reason, why we played out from the back,
which resulted on Dunkley being put on the bench as this kind of game doesn't suit him. With BPF gone, Dunkley might get more games?

2 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

Be surprised if he stayed but could do a job in this division. However, would be as a back-up for me. 

The problem with this is that Dunkley has appeared to take a few games to get up to speed each time he's reappeared this season.

I'm not sure stepping in as a backup option suits him, based on what we've seen so far.

If he's not going to be a starter, we may not see the best of him.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

Random as hell but some bloke at the bar we were at watching the play-offs in Lisbon knows Dunkley (plays league 2 for Carlisle apparently) and says Dunkley is staying and loves the club... Happy with that if true.

Hope that's true personally.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The problem with this is that Dunkley has appeared to take a few games to get up to speed each time he's reappeared this season.

I'm not sure stepping in as a backup option suits him, based on what we've seen so far.

If he's not going to be a starter, we may not see the best of him.

You’re probably right, though I don’t think we can rely on him being a 1st team starter for next season given his track record of injuries. 

• Like 1

Before Chey got injured at the end of November he was being touted as POTS. We were really worried that without him we’d really struggle. Its worth noting that we only suffered one loss when he played upto the end of November, Oxford 2-1.

Not only was he playing like Superman at the heart of our back 3, he was also a massive threat at corners and free-kicks. If you remember, he was winning virtually every attacking set-piece header.

My concern last season was how poor he was with the ball at his feet, but even that worry disappeared with this season’s back 3 with Chey central. He was competent bordering on excellent playing it out.

I’d be very happy for him to stay and be our central of 3 CBs.

• Like 3

He was actually brilliant in the spell around November when we had no one else. My issue is he takes quite a bit of time to get going and seems to pick up injury niggles despite getting over the worst of his injuries.

I would probably try move him on because i think as a player he needs regular football.

• Like 2

I like him as a bloke and a leader 

but a complete car crash of a signing 

we must be the only club in history 

to have signed a player with pins still in his leg 

Good luck Chey but time to move on 

• Like 1