Dunkley Staying?

He had some genuinely good games for us and is a decent defender. He adds something from set pieces as well. But the combination of his injury record and the fact he really isn’t comfortable on the ball at all means I think he will be off. I’d wish him luck though for sure as I think he’s a decent bloke. 

• Like 1

If hes injury free and regarded as a back up squad player and the wages offered reflect that status then it would be ideal to keep him if he wants to stay. 

Paid as a first team regular with his injury record would be wasteful of the budget. 

He’s only okay when playing against sides that hoof it. Poor first touch/distribution, far too slow, makes clumsy tackles and leave teams onside. Not getting younger and has had his fair share of injuries. Move on for me

Not a fan at all, it could be because of his tackle Vs derby

Yes that was irrational, but it's happened many times through our history, Chris Woods as an example. One I could never understand fwiw

When I see him I just remember derby, equally when he's on the pitch every set piece is aimed at him, and I much prefer the little dinky set pieces where we have scored than just a hoof into the box and aim for one player

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

Not a fan at all, it could be because of his tackle Vs derby

Yes that was irrational, but it's happened many times through our history, Chris Woods as an example. One I could never understand fwiw

When I see him I just remember derby, equally when he's on the pitch every set piece is aimed at him, and I much prefer the little dinky set pieces where we have scored than just a hoof into the box and aim for one player

To be fair, the set piece thing worked when the entire team marked him at the back post and Gregory scored on the front. Wimbledon was it?

2 hours ago, Luke said:

He should be nowhere near starting a game for us next season 

Total waste of wage 

Couple of half decent games doesn't justify what a complete carcrash of a signing he has been 

I can’t be bothered to trawl through your posts, but do you ever say anything positive about anyone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

Uses semi colons incorrectly. It's a no from me

Imagine if that is the deal breaker. 
“Well Chey, we were going to offer you a deal, but your poor grammar on Owlstalk means we have to say goodbye I’m afraid”

Edited by sexpistol

I actually wouldn’t mind Dunkley staying, a real weakness of ours was defending set pieces and winning balls in the air - that’s his big strength. He’s good enough to do the basics against most of the teams in this division anyway and a real leader at the back something we’ve lacked since Loovens. 

He needs to play with 2 ball players either side though, if we’re planning to continue 3 at the back. Similar weakness to Iorfa especially when they play together, very panicky and careless on the ball and teams could punish us for it. 

It all depends on our wage bill hit next season and who else is available. Currently with just Irofa as the only CB returning next year I have a feeling DM might play is safe and bring back him & Hutch. Then roll the dice on the loan market for Storey & Gibson 2.0