Our fanbase

4 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Everything the Mrs says or thinks or mentions....lol

And the dog... lol

I met a dog called Albert the other day in a little village in Lincolnshire

It's owner was really proud of it

But it was one of those dogs that had a flat face

Poor thing was snuffling and grunting so much because it couldn't breathe

Was like listening to the poor thing being tortured and all it was doing was saying hello and sniffing my ankles 

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Jack the Hat
44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What is the sensible stuff?

Hate is a strong word usually bandied around by people saying other people hate things to suit their narrative rather than people directly hating things. Also it isn’t wrong for people to have opinions about the team they support. The list is odd to suggest that certain fans hate ALL of those things rather than just having concerns about some of them . For example I have never come across a fan who hates our history. Quite the opposite actually. What a bizarre thing to add to the list. Conversely I would question the football knowledge of any fan who hasn’t been concerned about our formation and general pre game and in game tactics as well as the coaching of defensive set pieces, in particular during the first half of the season.  I would rather focus on how we have had the highest away attendances in the EFL from league one in what has been a frustrating and unsuccessful season. My problem isn’t with the fans who question (not hate) things about the club but those who accuse those fans- who genuinely care- of hate. Sadly it is idiosyncratic of today’s society. I love being a wednesday fan and so does everyone coming on here. I don’t hate threads like this but I do find them unnecessary.

Above is my post to which you laughed at the word sensible. Please elaborate on which part you think is laughable.

ps to summarise my thoughts:

1) Our away support is unbeatable and it's a shame we can't get more tickets for away games as we'd sell them

2) Our home support season ticket numbers have been amazing - let's hope everyone renews if they can afford to

3) On top of the above two points we just need to attract and keep more fans coming on a casual basis - and it's helpful if the self appointed superfans don't mock them when they decide to come and instead welcome them as part of the SWFC family and the supporter army 

Is the club doing enough? 

Possibly yes I think so other than improving the facilities and matchday experience off the pitch from catering to ticket buying process (tiers, phases, categories etc)

Pricing is another kettle of fish 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Jack the Hat
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So can anyone answer what the sensible stuff is that gets posted that shouldn't be challenged?

If someone posted something and I posted a laughing gif, I would fully expect them to challenge it and i would reply. So crack on.

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

1) Our away support is unbeatable and it's a shame we can't get more tickets for away games as we'd sell them

2) Our home support season ticket numbers have been amazing - let's hope everyone renews if they can afford to

3) On top of the above two points we just need to attract and keep more fans coming on a casual basis - and it's helpful if the self appointed superfans don't mock them when they decide to come and instead welcome them as part of the SWFC family and the supporter army 

Possibly yes I think so other than improving the facilities and matchday experience off the pitch from catering to ticket buying process (tiers, phases, categories etc)

the 2 biggest factors to get casual fans coming back, will be pricing and good/winning football

8 hours ago, steelerian said:

the 2 biggest factors to get casual fans coming back, will be pricing and good/winning football

Are you sure??

Immagine a dad telling his wife and two children:

-  let's go to a game today, it's cheap, you'll see good football and we will most likely win.

or alternatively

- let's go to a game today, you can have chips and icecream before the game, there is a small pitch next to the concourse, where you can have a game of football
  with Ozzie owl, Sherlock is playing at halftime,   most likely there will be someone who paints your faces like Owls,   
  yes, dear wife, you can have your low sugar bowl of fruit and some healty water

3 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Are you sure??

Immagine a dad telling his wife and two children:

-  let's go to a game today, it's cheap, you'll see good football and we will most likely win.

or alternatively

- let's go to a game today, you can have chips and icecream before the game, there is a small pitch next to the concourse, where you can have a game of football
  with Ozzie owl, Sherlock is playing at halftime,   most likely there will be someone who paints your faces like Owls,   
  yes, dear wife, you can have your low sugar bowl of fruit and some healty water

What?

Just now, steelerian said:

What?

I'm trying to say that cheap tickets and a good game of football are not enough to make a "good day out" for a familiy nowadays.

It is enough for us fans, but not enough to attract additional people.

• Like 1

Isn't that just the nature of being a football fan @GermanBird Even fans of teams at the pinnacle of the sport would be able to tick any number of those and some clubs fans would even tick our owner...... 😂

Accepting that you'll never be happy is the first step to enjoying football........ lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Isn't that just the nature of being a football fan @GermanBird Even fans of teams at the pinnacle of the sport would be able to tick any number of those and some clubs fans would even tick our owner...... 😂

Accepting that you'll never be happy is the first step to enjoying football........ lol

Got that right, Morepork speaks sense.  For my part, I'm happy, sort of, with the 2021-22 Season...And I'll be here next Season,  same as any Wednesday supporter.  Fans are why Wednesday are still around, in spite of spending very little time in the 1st Tier, mostly 2nd and 3rd Tier.

Wednesday Fans complain, but they don't jump ship.

• Like 2

On 16/05/2022 at 10:06, @owlstalk said:

So how many Kettles of fish is it for a season ticket and where do you get these Kettles of fish, do you have to go to Grimsby or is that just a sensible place to think of getting them 🤔 

for me the matchday experience needs to be better. 

All concourses need upgrading especially on the Kop which is the main reason I never sit on there anymore. 

Food needs overhauling massively. If it was better quality I'd get there earlier to grab something. 

Better range of drinks needed.

Price for both of the above and tickets needs to be looked at to better reflect what most people actually earn in Shef and the surrounding area. Especially if your trying to get families in with the next generation of supporters. 

Would love to see a safe standing area in the ground, it would be the first place to sell out no doubt about it. 

Need more public transport to get back into the centre after a match which might help get rid of some of the car traffic. 

• Like 1

Would also love to see a return to alternating kit changes every two years and staggering it. Unlikely though as its an easy way to make money for the club each year. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

for me the matchday experience needs to be better. 

All concourses need upgrading especially on the Kop which is the main reason I never sit on there anymore. 

Food needs overhauling massively. If it was better quality I'd get there earlier to grab something. 

Better range of drinks needed.

Price for both of the above and tickets needs to be looked at to better reflect what most people actually earn in Shef and the surrounding area. Especially if your trying to get families in with the next generation of supporters. 

Would love to see a safe standing area in the ground, it would be the first place to sell out no doubt about it. 

Need more public transport to get back into the centre after a match which might help get rid of some of the car traffic. 

The ground needs to be divided into peasants / unwashed and middle upper class sections; the peasant stand shall have bread n dripping for dads and microchips for kids, washed down with Carling or Dandelion and Burdock. 

Posh stands will have prawn baguettes with thousand island dressing and Prosecco. 

On 16/05/2022 at 10:00, Jack the Hat said:

Hate is a strong word usually bandied around by people saying other people hate things to suit their narrative rather than people directly hating things. Also it isn’t wrong for people to have opinions about the team they support. The list is odd to suggest that certain fans hate ALL of those things rather than just having concerns about some of them . For example I have never come across a fan who hates our history. Quite the opposite actually. What a bizarre thing to add to the list. Conversely I would question the football knowledge of any fan who hasn’t been concerned about our formation and general pre game and in game tactics as well as the coaching of defensive set pieces, in particular during the first half of the season.  I would rather focus on how we have had the highest away attendances in the EFL from league one in what has been a frustrating and unsuccessful season. My problem isn’t with the fans who question (not hate) things about the club but those who accuse those fans- who genuinely care- of hate. Sadly it is idiosyncratic of today’s society. I love being a wednesday fan and so does everyone coming on here. I don’t hate threads like this but I do find them unnecessary.

Above is my post to which you laughed at the word sensible. Please elaborate on which part you think is laughable.

Spot on pal...................all this "hate" , "haterz" rhetoric is f***in peurile.

• Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Heres another hater who likes to pour hate on the manager and players all season long 

If you say so.

On 14/05/2022 at 04:12, GermanBird said:

Some of our fans hate just everything about the club

- the owner

- the manager

- Hillsborough

- the crest

- the players

- the pitch

- the groundsmen

- the home kit

- the away kit

- the lineup

- the formation

- the fellow owls

- our history

- our current status

- our future

- the matchday  experience

Isn't there anything you should like to support the owls? Or at least anthing you enjoy a bit?

I hate the fact that we are good at disappointing but we are not the best at that…

l give you sheffield united, the Masters…….Must try harder!😂