Our fanbase

As someone living in the south, with work and family commitments, I'm so jealous of fans who can make virtually every week. Every time I can get there, with friends, we have such a great day. On the way home we joke that's it's been a cracking weekend, just the football let's us down.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Just now, MallorcaOwl said:

If you visit some of the other fans forum sites you will find the same behaviour. That is what happens, we are no different to any other set of fans.

I don't want to slate our fanbase, but I am really puzzled.  It just sounds so much like a live sentence for some.

For me, Wednesday brings so much joy. I just could not follow the owls, if I would hate everything about us.

• Like 5

Strange answer for you. 

I've had the original owl badge as a tattoo for years. Done by a great lad in romish for I think about £5 back then. 

When the badge was changed. I light-hearted emailed the new customer service team to see if they would pay for it to be replaced with new badge. 

After a few emails they said If I could get it covered with the new badge then they would be happy to pay the invoice. 

I didn't obviously. 

But was a nice gesture lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, reggae said:

Strange answer for you. 

I've had the original owl badge as a tattoo for years. Done by a great lad in romish for I think about £5 back then. 

When the badge was changed. I light-hearted emailed the new customer service team to see if they would pay for it to be replaced with new badge. 

After a few emails they said If I could get it covered with the new badge then they would be happy to pay the invoice. 

I didn't obviously. 

But was a nice gesture lol

Pedant alert: the 'new' badge is our original badge.

1355544955_WembleyProgramme1966.jpg.3e28ab5716758fe187bcd63c3bb922dd.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Some of our fans hate just everything about the club

- the owner

- the manager

- Hillsborough

- the crest

- the players

- the pitch

- the groundsmen

- the home kit

- the away kit

- the lineup

- the formation

- the fellow owls

- our history

- our current status

- our future

- the matchday  experience

Isn't there anything you should like to support the owls? Or at least anthing you enjoy a bit?

I hated Dave Allens reign and think Chansiri has ruined the club.

I have disliked some past managers and players.

Some Owls fans do my head in and talk sh*te.

But I love Sheffield Wednesday and going to matches. Have had a season ticket for 30 years and love going to away matches.

Made some good mates as well.

I would hate to support anything else as I love being a Wednesday fan.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Why do some fans not see the errors in some of those things mentioned

I love Sheffield Wednesday, I have 5 Wednesday tattoos, not that it means that much but I wanted the one thing I've loved all my life. I adore Sheffield Wednesday so so much

I don't understand fans who can't see errors in the running of the club. I love my wife dearly but I can see that would be better or that. It doesn't mean I don't love her.

You are one of the worse on here, for raaar raaar Wednesday. Until you see deeper down than just watching the boys on a Saturday, then you will open your eyes.

If you don't care about those things, that's fine but don't slate us fans who care about failings in the club we love 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Some of our fans hate just everything about the club

- the owner

- the manager

- Hillsborough

- the crest

- the players

- the pitch

- the groundsmen

- the home kit

- the away kit

- the lineup

- the formation

- the fellow owls

- our history

- our current status

- our future

- the matchday  experience

Isn't there anything you should like to support the owls? Or at least anthing you enjoy a bit?

Hate is such a strong word.

From the list above I’d say the only things I “dislike” are the owner, the current crest, the home and away kits and our current status.

I think you’ll be hard pushed to find someone who “hates” everything on that list.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MBMitchell said:

Why do some fans not see the errors in some of those things mentioned

I love Sheffield Wednesday, I have 5 Wednesday tattoos, not that it means that much but I wanted the one thing I've loved all my life. I adore Sheffield Wednesday so so much

I don't understand fans who can't see errors in the running of the club. I love my wife dearly but I can see that would be better or that. It doesn't mean I don't love her.

You are one of the worse on here, for raaar raaar Wednesday. Until you see deeper down than just watching the boys on a Saturday, then you will open your eyes.

If you don't care about those things, that's fine but don't slate us fans who care about failings in the club we love 

I really don't want to want to change anybody. I just want to understand, what it is that keeps you going?

What is left that you do like? 

20 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Pedant alert: the 'new' badge is our original badge.

1355544955_WembleyProgramme1966.jpg.3e28ab5716758fe187bcd63c3bb922dd.jpg

Pedant alert: The club was founded in 1867, yet your source is from 1966. FFS!

• Haha 2

Just now, GermanBird said:

I really don't want to want to change anybody. I just want to understand, what it is that keeps you going?

What is left that you do like? 

Because I'm Wednesday and I want the best for my beloved team that regardless if what happens, I adore

I definitely don't support them for fun

When I was young and immature, I defended then over anything and anyone, but as you get older you see life differently

I find it offensive that you question what I like and why I am a Wednesday fan

I'm not sure if you are real or an unfunny comedy login, but you press my button

I'm glad you accept mediocrity in life, I won't and I want the best things for the things I love 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The cakeball proved to be a great source of cheap laughs lol

Seriously speaking, I'm glad to be able to survive our journey by using sarcastic and dark humour but not actually hating anything about the club. OT has also been one of the places where witty remarks have made me laugh in tears.

• Like 1