This sums last season up

I think we know where our Achilles heal was this past season, it's not a great stat. 

However, in the context of that, we had a lot of players missing in that department and still had the 6th best defensive record in the league, which is something to build on. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, striker said:

I think we know where our Achilles heal was this past season, it's not a great stat. 

However, in the context of that, we had a lot of players missing in that department and still had the 6th best defensive record in the league, which is something to build on. 

Yes agree,but we should have been building on it in the Championship,NOT languishing in Div3 for another season............

• Like 1

We certainly need to tighten up at the back on set pieces and towards the end of games 

however how does that stat line up with other top teams 

the reason I ask is generally in football matches the team. That’s been on the front foot or generally winning especially with a 1-0 margin 

tends to find themselves under the cosh for the last 10 minutes it must be a football mentality thing but you see it week in week out in every division 

teams that have dominated a team and are winning 1-0 2-1 sometimes even 2-0 or what ever seem to sit back invite pressure abs the momentum swings to the opposing team 

I’m not sure why that happens it has for years of cause they have something to defend and the opposition has nothing to lose so it makes some sense 

anyway my point in these situations where an underdog in that game at that moment gets a sniff they can get something out of the game and they are throwing everything at the defending the team isn’t it more reasonable to see them score ( or us concede ) at this stage ?

Im curious to know how the other teams up at the top of their stats read similar 

it's been a problem now for two or three seasons. 

The amount of points we have thrown away due to poor game management in the latter stages of games. 

Suppose it was quite fitting that we were dumped out of the play offs with a poor late goal. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Loads of clubs will be able to point one stat which they reckon will define their season.  Don't buy this garbage argument, plug that gap there would be another fact eager to burst out, as to why we didn't go up.  

To simplistic.   

People who bring this stat up also seem to forget last season that we scored injury time winners against Mk Dons and Wimbledon at home.

And we were 1-0 down away to Doncaster and 2-1 down away to Fleetwood after 70 minutes in both of those games.

So there’s 4 wins just off the top of my head that we achieved by scoring late goals.

If you’re going to refer to points we dropped in the last 20 minutes you need to offset it against the points we picked up in the last 20 minutes.

I’ve not gone through all the games but I’d guess that if games were 70 minutes long we’d have probably picked up about the same number of points

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

We certainly need to tighten up at the back on set pieces and towards the end of games 

however how does that stat line up with other top teams 

the reason I ask is generally in football matches the team. That’s been on the front foot or generally winning especially with a 1-0 margin 

tends to find themselves under the cosh for the last 10 minutes it must be a football mentality thing but you see it week in week out in every division 

teams that have dominated a team and are winning 1-0 2-1 sometimes even 2-0 or what ever seem to sit back invite pressure abs the momentum swings to the opposing team 

I’m not sure why that happens it has for years of cause they have something to defend and the opposition has nothing to lose so it makes some sense 

anyway my point in these situations where an underdog in that game at that moment gets a sniff they can get something out of the game and they are throwing everything at the defending the team isn’t it more reasonable to see them score ( or us concede ) at this stage ?

Im curious to know how the other teams up at the top of their stats read similar 

The stat lines up terribly with the other top teams - I know cos I worked it out and posted it on here a couple of weeks ago. We were the worst by far