Massive respect to Wednesday

2 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Best of luck in the final. Hope you are able to use the stadium, atmosphere and the pitch to maximum advantage and absolutely smash 'em!

Hopefully pal .

Just got a horrible feeling after doing what was probably the hard part getting past your boys 

45 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Absolutely right mate. I find it unfathomable that they can't plan this properly. You'd think their primary aim would be to let as many as possible see the game. There could be kids going to their first ever match, imagine how magical that could be, would have them hooked on football for life.

My youngest is going to his first ever Wembley trip . Hope he finds it memorable more than I have 7 times in the past.  

Loves the singing and atmosphere at away games and can't wait for him to sample the trafalgar Square takeover . What a weekend it is 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Seen a fair few comments complaining about our shithousing during the playoffs and to be honest, I’m glad to see it.

League One is an absolute cess pit and it’s full of that sort of gamesmanship. We spent years feeling the same way as you did over those two games and it’s nice to see us being no longer naive to what you have to do to give yourself the upper hand down here.

That being said, a lot of respect for Wednesday. I wish you all the best and no doubt we will see you again next season anyway!

• Like 8

I’m sorry but I’m not a big fan of these love ins with clubs who have just beat us..find it a bit patronising tbh..I hope Wycombe go up cus they only give us 1800 and we will get double that at the sol next season...sorry everybody 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

My youngest is going to his first ever Wembley trip . Hope he finds it memorable more than I have 7 times in the past.  

Loves the singing and atmosphere at away games and can't wait for him to sample the trafalgar Square takeover . What a weekend it is 

Hope you both have a great weekend. 

I vowed I wouldn't go to the New Wembley until I could go and watch Wednesday with my son. Got our wish 6 years ago against Hull. Atmosphere was unbelievable but a bad result. Still a great experience tho. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

Can I just say what a class club and set of fans yous have .

Travesty that yous are down here with sunderland .

Been to Hillsborough twice this season and yous are always a credit to your club magnanimous in defeat .

Nothing too separate the two teams in the semifinals it could of went either way thoroughly enjoyed both matches .

It would of made the perfect final us against yous lot but I seriously hope yous romp the league next year (providing we go up of course ).

Our own forums are full of praise for your fans and a club as a whole so best of luck to for next season hope yous smash it .

The Wycombe chairman has just done our team talk for us in his statement about us lot so I hope Alex Neill pins it up the dressing room pre game next Saturday. 

Hopefully 7th time lucky for me at Wembley. 

Yous will always be made to feel welcome whenever our paths cross again hopefully in the championship in the very near future .

Best of luck in the future owls 

I literally bumped into a few Sunderland fans whilst leaving the ground and we had a chat, shook hands warmly and wished each other all the best for our respective teams.

That fixture should have been the playoff final. However, it isn't but I'm sure the vast majority of Wednesday fans will be cheering on Sunderland on Final day.

Hope we catch you up in the Championship this time next year!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

I literally bumped into a few Sunderland fans whilst leaving the ground and we had a chat, shook hands warmly and wished each other all the best for our respective teams.

That fixture should have been the playoff final. However, it isn't but I'm sure the vast majority of Wednesday fans will be cheering on Sunderland on Final day.

Hope we catch you up in the Championship this time next year!

We've got to get there first and our record is absolutely abysmal at Wembley.  No doubt Al be back down Hillsborough next season .

Good luck next season hope yous do it but obviously finish below us if we are still in there . 

Wycombe will bethe team most supporters in the country  want to win next Saturday 

Just hope we can end our hoodoo and then yous boys do it next year 

• Like 2

No way should Sunderland or us be in this league, Sunderland have been in league one for 4 yrs and are too big of a team and have too big of a support to be in league one...  I feel for Wycombe cause I kind of feel like they got cheated last season after it took the EFL so much longer to do a points deduction on Derby than it did us which would have meant they stayed up..  But their time wasting and cheating tactics this year has lost all my sympathy for them..

So I hope Sunderland go up next season, not just because of that but also I don't want us to have to face Ross Stewart again...  There was not a lot between the teams but you deserved the win overall..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

Hopefully pal .

Just got a horrible feeling after doing what was probably the hard part getting past your boys 

You're just like us!

That's how we would be feeling.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, striker said:

Good luck in the final.

Hope Sunderland go up, proper club, decent fans (and one less promotion competitor for us next season 😀).

This! Too many bigger clubs to deal with next season, time for Sunderland to get promoted. All the best in the final!

• Like 2

I really hope you win the final. I already wrote earlier that I would have liked both us and you get promoted, the huge fanbases deserve higher level football than L1 and you have had a lot of pain during recent years as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, horny owl said:

I find that difficult too but Sunderland fans I’ve met always seem ok compared to the delusional geordie w@nkers

Think Sunderland initially started in blue and white quarters or summat, so I can let that go

Hope they smash 7 shades outta Wycombe, 

Sunderland fans have stayed constant, remind me of us...Good luck Sunderland

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cbSAFC said:

Seen a fair few comments complaining about our shithousing during the playoffs and to be honest, I’m glad to see it.

League One is an absolute cess pit and it’s full of that sort of gamesmanship. We spent years feeling the same way as you did over those two games and it’s nice to see us being no longer naive to what you have to do to give yourself the upper hand down here.

That being said, a lot of respect for Wednesday. I wish you all the best and no doubt we will see you again next season anyway!

If we had done the shithousery and it got us promoted, no bugger would have complained

Enjoy your day out, smash Wycombe, and hopefully we will join you in a years time

Smash the Blunts as well

I've got plenty of time and respect for Sunderland and their supporters

• Like 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

On 13/05/2022 at 17:26, Safcfaninpeace said:

Thanks for that pal .

We've sold 43k now and none left after getting more .

Wycombe are worried that our lot will end up in their end.  Probably will but that's the nature of the beast people will do anything to get In .

Justvwish it was yous against us would of been an amazing atmosphere 

Very encouraging.  BTW, there's no such word as yous - it's you, and it takes less time to type, so you can be correct and finish what you're typing more quickly.  Just saying'...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, cbSAFC said:

I have to say I dont think Sunlun were particularly shithousey, I thought they were just better at the game. Maybe something to do with watching Wycombe the week before though, who cant do anything but shithouse. Hope ya beat em.

• Like 3