The Best Thing About This Season Being Over

4 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Do keep up Moggers ....

It's plain to see I'm referencing my above reply to my previous reply to ANWTS's picture of our proposed dashing new away strip....

I feel that by wearing this next season it will enhance Darren Moores inability to coach set pieces and create a kind of visual Dark Arts within itself  ...

Opposing Centre backs are going to think twice grabbing hold of a piece of Big Dom wearing that get up .......

lol

Are corners set pieces?

2 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

I`d love to see that 150th kit resurrected , thought it was well smart.

I hope you mean the white and gold one.  I’m with you if you do.  Wasn’t so keen on the home kit.

• Like 1

I think that we should always have a kit that's more fashionable or 'female friendly' be it the away kit or third.

It's all well and good making shirts for fat middle aged blokes, but we have the home shirt and a wardrobe full of old ones that we wear to the ground anyway.

My daughter loves the pink away shirt, but she wouldn't wear the grey one from the year before.

Someone in a team's shirt is a walking advert for the club, so the more young people outside the usual football fan stereotype walking about in it, the better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MallorcaOwl said:

I liked the pink away kit

Same. 

Thought it was much better than the usual bland, nothing away kits we serve up. 

One season it's yellow, then we have a black one and then you might get a random green one every now and then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

I think that we should always have a kit that's more fashionable or 'female friendly' be it the away kit or third.

It's all well and good making shirts for fat middle aged blokes, but we have the home shirt and a wardrobe full of old ones that we wear to the ground anyway.

My daughter loves the pink away shirt, but she wouldn't wear the grey one from the year before.

Someone in a team's shirt is a walking advert for the club, so the more young people outside the usual football fan stereotype walking about in it, the better.

Which is even dafter since there is no break in League One.

2 hours ago, MallorcaOwl said:

I liked the pink away kit

Visually I thought it was actually quite nice, classy even. But that was an isolated image. On the pitch it looked horrendous.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, alan48 said:

I'm sure shirts and the colour of the nets made a huge impact on our season !

However , an ex Manager and coach of several premier clubs told me that it's important that players are able to spot their team mates in an instant and said that in this respect 'loud ' coloured shirts are the best .

Reminded me of Alex Ferguson changing from the grey shirts at half time when they lost to Southampton some years back .

And blamed the Man Utd fans for the 4-0 thrashing too, for buying the shirts.

• Like 1

On 12/05/2022 at 21:08, alan48 said:

I'm sure shirts and the colour of the nets made a huge impact on our season !

However , an ex Manager and coach of several premier clubs told me that it's important that players are able to spot their team mates in an instant and said that in this respect 'loud ' coloured shirts are the best .

Reminded me of Alex Ferguson changing from the grey shirts at half time when they lost to Southampton some years back .

Righto.

Back to the 90s we go, then...

13012-zoom.jpg.9928d6c06c9d59b5da924fef998cdcda.jpg

• Like 2