Callum Paterson

14 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

If he's on the average that's fine, but considering the average for us is the highest wages in league one. It's too much for a player who doesn't strengthen our starting 11.

Plus he has no resale value.

Doesn't matter anyway as he has one more year and nobody is going to pay him what we are even if we offered him on a free.

So he's staying.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zorbatheowl said:

So whats rubbish about my post? i didnt say he was rubbish and his goals certainly helped this year

Bizarrely you compare Paterson to a Leeds player, if you read my post again I’m sure it says if Paterson was played more up front we would have had enough points for automatic promotion !! #uto 

5 minutes ago, Owl said:

Bizarrely you compare Paterson to a Leeds player, if you read my post again I’m sure it says if Paterson was played more up front we would have had enough points for automatic promotion !! #uto 

Bizarrely? He is in my opinion the best example of a utility player. If you read my original post my reference was to the fact we play him in numerous positions so has no relevance to your post. Goodnight 

1 hour ago, trev said:

He's OK for this league but he is not value for money.

Depends how you look at it. A bit like Palmer in that he can cover various positions in emergencies and apparently not on silly money. As someone else said, cheaper than bringing in 3 or 4 backup players.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, zorbatheowl said:

Bizarrely? He is in my opinion the best example of a utility player. If you read my original post my reference was to the fact we play him in numerous positions so has no relevance to your post. Goodnight 

Bit early for bed ?  Sorry may be school in the morning !!  #uto 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Doesn't matter what his wage, ehatever we are paying its too much for what he offers ,which is slightly above zero 

Another player we are paying a good wage too who ain't contributing nothing 

Apart from some key goals over the winter

4 hours ago, YesWeCrann said:

If you're talking about the 10,000 a week wage that keeps getting mentioned online, he's on nowhere near that.

It winds me up when people try to say what a players earning

2 hours ago, zorbatheowl said:

Despite people saying he is useless/ stealing a wage etc he does give us cover in numerous positions . Paul Madeley at LUFC was a good example of a utility player not quite up to holding a regular place but capable of covering.  

"not quite up to holding a regular place "?.  he played over 600 games for them .

Callum Paterson has played at CF, RW, RWB, CB, DM, AM and probably more this season.

He's replaced people who train and play their singular roles day in day out, with a negligible loss of performance and little to no training or notice.

If he's not a footballer, neither is anyone else.

• Like 1