15 senior players due to leave SWFC

3 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

Byers, Gregory (how is a 17 goal striker not a success?), Storey, Dean, Berahino (to some extent, got better as time went on), Denis (very good but unlucky with injury). 

I think Berahino is vastly overrated by some on here, but it’s all about opinions.  Personally I think his poor games were more than the better ones.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not true - the statement is pure fact 

Fifteen senior players ARE due to leave this summer 

The bus is due in ten minutes - it’s not going to come in five just because I’m planning on getting on it - it’s due in ten minutes 

Ok, if we are splitting hairs then i'd argue you missed off the "As it stands"....  but lets not go there hey....  🤪

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Out of contract:

Hutchinson - staying

Paterson - going 

Berahino - going

Hunt - going....maybe

Palmer - staying 

Luongo - going, wages too high

Dunkley - off

Wildsmith - off

Returning loans:

Kamberi

Dean

Shodipo

Storey

Peacock-Farrell

Gibson

John-Jules

Above is my guess

1 hour ago, MBMitchell said:

The thing is,and as much as I don't condone it. I don't remember a big uproar to everyone saying 'as such'???

Then again it depends on who it's about on here

Not really mate

I think anyone picking on someone for a vocal tick is pretty sad and it’s a shittttty thing to do to someone 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Problem with that Idea Luke, is that we have fans who will butcher them for any mistake they make and ruin their chances of settling and developing 

Some of our fans just rip our players to bits, boo them, and destroy them online any chance they get, all season long. 

Im sure you yourself can relate to this 

Never crisis a young developing player 

Mistakes are bound to happen 

I crisis older pros who choose to fek about with the ball and cost us a goal than kick it into touch 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Here's my Football Manager take on things...

Out of contract:

Hutchinson - offer a new deal and look to keep him as a squad player for another season

Paterson - shift the wages and find someone who better fits Moore's system, unless he's happy to sign terms which represent his status as a squad player

Berahino - take up the option to renew his deal for another season - we've only just started to see what he's capable of, and he's a decent option to have

Hunt - offer a new deal and look to recruit reinforcements at wingback to complement him and Johnson

Palmer - offer a new deal - we need versatile players who can slot in to a variety of roles (edit: just seen he already signed a new deal last autumn)

Luongo - offer a new deal, but he'll probably want away, unfortunately

Dunkley - bid farewell - he's put in some good performances this season, but I'm not sure he's what Moore's looking for

Wildsmith - bid farwell

Returning loans:

Kamberi - let him leave in order to preserve his status as an Owlstalk legend (a goal every 284 minutes, don't you know!?)

Dean - pull out all the stops to convince him to return on a permanent deal

Shodipo - bid farewell - it just hasn't worked out, has it?

Storey - do everything possible to get him back here next season, either on loan or as a permanent signing - unlikely, but you never know...

Peacock-Farrell - unlikely to return, I'd imagine

Gibson - decent, but consult the medical team at length before considering any kind of offer - is he up to regular football?

John-Jules - spunk the lot on him - he's clearly going to be an all-time great if we don't, just to spite us!

agree with all this . I wouldn’t want BPF back anyway . Causes panic with his decision making and since that crazy first august month I just think he’s been decent but with mistakes in him . I’d prefer Dean than storey too . Dean would be a marquee signing in the middle of a back 3. Probably be the best cb in league one

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not really mate

I think anyone picking on someone for a vocal tick is pretty sad and it’s a shittttty thing to do to someone 

It's not really a tick though, when I ask a question I say yeah all the time, that comes from my boys not responding. It's just something he's picked up, out of nerves at a guess. Same as when a footballer I can't remember said right loads of times in an interview.

I said I didn't condone it, and he retracted it since he posted it, but a post above still kicks off about it.

It just seems there's an over the topness to this like many things in life these days.

I was just trying to point out the hypocrisy that seems to have escalated on here over the years.

Anyway hope that makes sense....  Yeah 😉

Edited by MBMitchell

5 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

It's not really a tick though, when I ask a question I say yeah all the time, that comes from my boys not responding. It's just something he's picked up, out of nerves at a guess. Same as when a footballer I can't remember said right loads of times in an interview.

I said I didn't condone it, and he retracted it since he posted it, but a post above still kicks off about it.

It just seems there's an over the topness to this like many things in life these days.

I was just trying to point out the hypocrisy that seems to have escalated on here over the years.

It's not hypocrisy.

Unless I missed something at the time, the whole 'as such' thing with Gray was only ever highlighted as an endearing quirk, whereas we've had numerous posts mocking Moore's speech, calling him 'thick', and suggesting he needs speech therapy because of his manner of speech.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, that was pointed out earlier in the thread.

I just took the details from transfermarkt.com, but they clearly didn't update their info. when Palmer extended his deal during the session.

Transfermarkt.com is very unreliable.They don't  update too well and some lengths of contract can be inaccurate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Out of contract:

Hutchinson

Paterson

Berahino

Hunt

Palmer

Luongo

Dunkley

Wildsmith

Returning loans:

Kamberi

Dean

Shodipo

Storey

Peacock-Farrell

Gibson

John-Jules

Paterson , still got a year according to The Star.

Hutch will sign if we want him.

Berahino would stay I think but we may let him go. I like him but if we can pay fees I think we can get better for less wages.

Hunt, I think will stay.

Palmer, part of the furniture. We will keep him.

Luongo, will go to the Championship. Wages will be too high to keep him. I'd keep him in a heartbeat.

Dunkley, we will let him go.

Wildsmith will leave. Not good enough at this level.

Loans

Kamberi, wouldn't want him back

Dean, I've got a sneaking suspicion he might be back but could get Championship interest.

Shodipo, won't be back. Never clicked due to injuries.

Storey, won't be back. Proved he's too good for this level. If he wanted to come here I'd take him.

Peacock Farrell, too good for this level. Shame about that.

Gibson, I think he will be back

John Jules,  Who knows. None of us have a clue how good he is.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Fifteen senior players are due to leave this summer due to contracts or loans being up

Thats massive and leaves a huge headache to sort out 

Probably sounds worse than what it actually is…. Given that the likes of Shodipo and Kamberi fall into that category 

1 hour ago, MBMitchell said:

There's no hypocrisy
It's wrong to try and use someone's vocal tick against someone 
I'd say that no matter who it is

Even if Trevor Francis had a disability I'd defend him against anyone trying to use it against him or mock him

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Sefton owl said:

Probably sounds worse than what it actually is…. Given that the likes of Shodipo and Kamberi fall into that category 

Yeah fair

Although it depends how the chairman and Moore look at it

If they think that those players have to be replaced then it's another two new faces we have to integrate I guess

Owlstalk Shop

When you look at the actual list there are very few that were integral that are our od contract and it would be worse if we couldn’t freshen things up. The loans couldn’t be taken for granted. A lot of clubs only go for short term contracts now too

• Like 1